Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by omgAmandaTapping View Post
    I think almost everyone is confused watching this episode the first time. Upon rewatching I realized that most of the episode is a 'dream sequence' that takes place in the few seconds that Daniel is under the influence of the hand device. Only the opening and ending scences actually happen. The rest is a 'dream' caused by Sha're's attempt to communicate with Daniel through the hand device.
    OMG, yes, I understand now. Thank you. Even after reading LeftHandedGuitarist's post, which says the same thing, I still didn't get it. The switch in my brain just flipped. The bulb went on. Everything about the episode fell into place. Ha! Thanks again.

Comment

Not a great episode, but I liked the fight in the beginning.
      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Kinda boring episode, but an important

Comment

While the dream-with-a-dream-within-a-flashback-within-a-whatever-it-is was very confusing, we finally get a resolution of the Sha're/Amonet storyline.

Poor Daniel, though. First she gets posessed, then gives birth, then almost kills him, then dies...it's like he lost her twice.
          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

A truely sorry ending to one of the SG's best love stories... Makes you wonder if Daniel would ever have a true love again.

Comment

It seems like a lot of people are in consensus about disliking this episode.

I just watched it for the first time (because yes, I am a newbie. *shame*). I didn't catch on to the fact that the entire thing was a dream for a really, really long time. Wow. Embarassed.

Anyway. I didn't really have any problems with how it was handled, or with it being slow (possibly because I was busy thinking it wasn't a dream). But what bothered me was the whole 'find the baby' thing. It bothered me that it suddenly came out of nowhere that this baby knows everything about the Goul'd. They couldn't have mentioned that when it was born? Granted, the writers had probably not made that up yet, and the whole find the baby thing is a reason to keep Daniel on the team, now that Sha're's gone, but it just feels like a very feeble way to direct Daniel's plot in a new direction (and the show's plot in general). There's suddenly this source of all knowledge about the Gould' and they have to find it. How convenient.

Also, it was nice to actually see Sha're for more than 5 seconds. I still wish they'd developed her character more before killing her off.

Also, I could go on a long rant about how unbelievable I find it that Daniel wanted to leave the SGC, even in his dream, but I won't go into that.
              Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

not too bad, nice to see Daniel's apartment again. Er... glad to see the back of Sha're though, I've never liked that character.
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Yup, after all this time, this episode still conjures up a whole range of confusing thoughts. It's sometimes hard to keep track when Daniel's dreaming/hallucinating and when he isn't.

Sad to see Sha're go.
                  Hello Rothman -- he's a funny little man.
                  Hello Harsesis storyline.

And we're movin' on...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sorry, bad one for me.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

I'm of two minds with this one. My biggest problem is that I can never tell when he's dreaming and when he's not... This confuses me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        I'm of two minds with this one. My biggest problem is that I can never tell when he's dreaming and when he's not... This confuses me.
                        Yep, I think we should rewatch this one several times but I doubt it become clearer then.
                        But we learn sth about the child, that's positive.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          Yep, I think we should rewatch this one several times but I doubt it become clearer then.
                          But we learn sth about the child, that's positive.
                          I've seen this one about three or four times and each time so far I've remembered too late that it's all a dream except for the first scene and the last.
                          sigpic

Comment

This episode was a good way for an important character to die (well, I guess important to Daniel at least), by having it at the start of the episode it allowed some interesting interactions between Daniel and Teal'c. It's too bad that at the end they didn't include an additional scene in the SGC with Daniel/Teal'C to cement this. It would be interesting to see Daniel come to terms with it more quickly than he did in the "dream" sequence and talk a little about the child.

Never really felt this episode was confusing though.. in fact, I don't think any episode of Stargate is confusing, it's always pretty clear-cut. Except maybe certain SGU episodes with Rush where his actions were quite ambiguous IIRC.

It seemed obvious to me that Sha're was trying to communicate with Daniel through Amaunet's hand device while the viewer was sort of sifting through Daniel's mind as he struggles with the inevitable fate of his wife. So it makes sense in that "dream world" Rothman would replace Daniel in SG-1 and Jack wouldn't like him, Daniel knew Rothman and also knew what Jack's reaction to him would be. The mind is powerful like that, on a SGA rewatch I once had a dream where I met Dr McKay, he was exactly like how he is in SGA, fast talking, tech babbling, kind of goofy and in your face. My mind "recreated" his persona.

Comment

On one hand, I really, really like stories that deal with the Abydonians and Daniel and Sha're. But on the other hand, this episode is so bloody confusing. I can't fathom how they never got lost in their own story telling.

However, like I said I really love stories that deal with Abydonians and we learn more about their rituals, funerary but rituals nonetheless. We get to see Good Father Kasuf again, and of course, there's "the boy" Daniel is instructed to find and protect. It sets the stage for what is to come later in Maternal Instinct, and I think it's a great set up.

Also, that other geek we see for the first time -- Rothman.

One thing though that had me snorting rather loudly was when the second Horus guard comes out of the tent and advances on Daniel -- when Teal'c shoots him and the guy falls down, his staffweapon wriggles like the rubber prop it is and it had me in stitches.

How would you rate SG-1's "Forever In a Day?"

Excellent -- despite being confusing, I absolutely love the photography of this episode, the acting, the story and the players.
                              Good
                              Fair
                              Poor
                              Terrible
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I find it laughable we were able to defeat such a big Jaffa army. This is one of those episodes that loses it appeal on future viewings. It's confusing and as such it's a mystery ofwhat is going on with Sha're and Daniel's hallucinations. Once you know what is happening, the appeal of the episode drops dramatically. But that is not really the writers fault. Based on my first watch I give this episode a good because of it weirdness
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X