Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Stargate Forever In a Day (310)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    FOREVER IN A DAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310

Jackson deals with the apparent death of his wife, Sha're, at the hands of Teal'c.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Default Re: Forever In a Day (310)

Erm......yeah.
    I got really confused by this one, first time out, and I'm still not sure which bits are dream, and which bits Daniel is actually living out.

Quite a good ep., but a little too confusing, for me.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    Erm......yeah.
    I got really confused by this one, first time out, and I'm still not sure which bits are dream, and which bits Daniel is actually living out.

Quite a good ep., but a little too confusing, for me.

Not just for you, for me too. I think the whoe thing was supposed to happen over the couse of Teal'c rushing in a leveling his staff weapon and T firing his staff weapon. Which is why we keep going back to the hand device and "hear me dan-ell" bit.

Banner By JME2

Yeah, I think that makes the most sense.

I may have to go off, watch it again, and have another think, but that sounds about right!

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

I think that the bit at the beginning and the bit at the very end are what was actually "real".
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Actually real. Something I didn't know

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Well... real in the sense that it wasn't going on in the minds of one (or two?) fictional characters on a television series.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Ahhh, I see

The scene depicted in the picture was cool... especially the translation for both cultures.

To bad to she had to die... sad for danny.
    Last edited by Selmak; July 26th, 2004 at 07:13 PM.

It was a good plot device though

Airman

I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something.

I think she had to die, so that Daniel would have a quest to go on, otherwise she would have been able to get the baby herself.

Airman

I guess so, but I just didn't find it terribly convincing that Teal'c had no choice but to shoot her, when he was close enough to incapacitate her non-fatally.

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Forever In a Day (310)

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah
    I guess so, but I just didn't find it terribly convincing that Teal'c had no choice but to shoot her, when he was close enough to incapacitate her non-fatally.

Not nearly enough time. Even if all he had to do was jump at her to sever the connection, Daniel would've been dead meat.

I liked this episode. It was kinda a good ending for Sha're, as well as another chance to go back to the first planet we visited. It was pretty good.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Heart Re: Forever In a Day (310)

It would have been nice if Teal'c just zatted her and the Tok'ra could have removed the Goa'uld from her. Poor Daniel. Poor Sha're.

Even though this was so angsty, I still enjoyed it. It was hard at times, being a Daniel/Sha're shipper, but I can see why they needed to wrap up the Sha're storyline plus give Daniel another reason to continue with the SGC.

I believe my favorite was the beautiful funeral scene. I loved all of what Daniel said, especially: ". . . grant me a place in your blessed dwelling," "The demon is gone now and I am free of sin." Loved the whole feather on the scales.

I enjoyed to see how Sha're and Kasuf's perspective of the situation. Sha're in the dream saying to Daniel: "Go to sleep so you can rise tomorrow and continue your travels through the Chaapaa-aii" as well as Kasuf's concern on Daniel leaving the SGC: "Col. O'Neill tells me that you are no longer part of his tribe and will not be travelling through the Chaapaa-aii." I believe the Abydonians do want Daniel travelling among the gods and perhaps even have prayers for him.

I also like how Daniel has the utmost respect for Kasuf even though Sha're is gone. He still calls him "Good Father." In the dream Kasuf even used the term "my son" when referring to Daniel. Perhaps we should all use the terms Good Father/Good Mother for our in-laws. I can see the Hallmark cards now.

Anyway, very sad episode, but their tragic love story had to come to an end somehow.

Lisa Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    It would have been nice if Teal'c just zatted her and the Tok'ra could have removed the Goa'uld from her. Poor Daniel. Poor Sha're.

Even though this was so angsty, I still enjoyed it. It was hard at times, being a Daniel/Sha're shipper, but I can see why they needed to wrap up the Sha're storyline plus give Daniel another reason to continue with the SGC.

I believe my favorite was the beautiful funeral scene. I loved all of what Daniel said, especially: ". . . grant me a place in your blessed dwelling," "The demon is gone now and I am free of sin." Loved the whole feather on the scales.

I enjoyed to see how Sha're and Kasuf's perspective of the situation. Sha're in the dream saying to Daniel: "Go to sleep so you can rise tomorrow and continue your travels through the Chaapaa-aii" as well as Kasuf's concern on Daniel leaving the SGC: "Col. O'Neill tells me that you are no longer part of his tribe and will not be travelling through the Chaapaa-aii." I believe the Abydonians do want Daniel travelling among the gods and perhaps even have prayers for him.

I also like how Daniel has the utmost respect for Kasuf even though Sha're is gone. He still calls him "Good Father." In the dream Kasuf even used the term "my son" when referring to Daniel. Perhaps we should all use the terms Good Father/Good Mother for our in-laws. I can see the Hallmark cards now.

Anyway, very sad episode, but their tragic love story had to come to an end somehow.

Lisa Michelle
    Yeah here is a little question about Kasuf?The Abydonians were killed,ascended when Abydos was stuck by Anubis his weapon.What about Kasuf?Did he ascend?
    Lord Zedd

Most likely. We probably just didn't see him in "Full Circle" because they just couldn't get the actor. But it would make sense if he had the same fate as everyone else.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    Most likely. We probably just didn't see him in "Full Circle" because they just couldn't get the actor. But it would make sense if he had the same fate as everyone else.
    yeah I guess Kasuf would never leave his people behind or perhaps he allready died before by natural couses.a heartattack or so.He was getting old he.
    Lord Zedd

Don't say that! I liked Kasuf. He was a good father. hehe

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast