No announcement yet.

Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have been nice if Teal'c just zatted her and the Tok'ra could have removed the Goa'uld from her. Poor Daniel. Poor Sha're.

Even though this was so angsty, I still enjoyed it. It was hard at times, being a Daniel/Sha're shipper, but I can see why they needed to wrap up the Sha're storyline plus give Daniel another reason to continue with the SGC.

I believe my favorite was the beautiful funeral scene. I loved all of what Daniel said, especially: ". . . grant me a place in your blessed dwelling," "The demon is gone now and I am free of sin." Loved the whole feather on the scales.

I enjoyed to see how Sha're and Kasuf's perspective of the situation. Sha're in the dream saying to Daniel: "Go to sleep so you can rise tomorrow and continue your travels through the Chaapaa-aii" as well as Kasuf's concern on Daniel leaving the SGC: "Col. O'Neill tells me that you are no longer part of his tribe and will not be travelling through the Chaapaa-aii." I believe the Abydonians do want Daniel travelling among the gods and perhaps even have prayers for him.

I also like how Daniel has the utmost respect for Kasuf even though Sha're is gone. He still calls him "Good Father." In the dream Kasuf even used the term "my son" when referring to Daniel. Perhaps we should all use the terms Good Father/Good Mother for our in-laws. I can see the Hallmark cards now.

Anyway, very sad episode, but their tragic love story had to come to an end somehow.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
      It would have been nice if Teal'c just zatted her and the Tok'ra could have removed the Goa'uld from her. Poor Daniel. Poor Sha're.

Even though this was so angsty, I still enjoyed it. It was hard at times, being a Daniel/Sha're shipper, but I can see why they needed to wrap up the Sha're storyline plus give Daniel another reason to continue with the SGC.

I believe my favorite was the beautiful funeral scene. I loved all of what Daniel said, especially: ". . . grant me a place in your blessed dwelling," "The demon is gone now and I am free of sin." Loved the whole feather on the scales.

I enjoyed to see how Sha're and Kasuf's perspective of the situation. Sha're in the dream saying to Daniel: "Go to sleep so you can rise tomorrow and continue your travels through the Chaapaa-aii" as well as Kasuf's concern on Daniel leaving the SGC: "Col. O'Neill tells me that you are no longer part of his tribe and will not be travelling through the Chaapaa-aii." I believe the Abydonians do want Daniel travelling among the gods and perhaps even have prayers for him.

I also like how Daniel has the utmost respect for Kasuf even though Sha're is gone. He still calls him "Good Father." In the dream Kasuf even used the term "my son" when referring to Daniel. Perhaps we should all use the terms Good Father/Good Mother for our in-laws. I can see the Hallmark cards now.

Anyway, very sad episode, but their tragic love story had to come to an end somehow.

Lisa Michelle
      Yeah here is a little question about Kasuf?The Abydonians were killed,ascended when Abydos was stuck by Anubis his weapon.What about Kasuf?Did he ascend?
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Most likely. We probably just didn't see him in "Full Circle" because they just couldn't get the actor. But it would make sense if he had the same fate as everyone else.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Most likely. We probably just didn't see him in "Full Circle" because they just couldn't get the actor. But it would make sense if he had the same fate as everyone else.
          yeah I guess Kasuf would never leave his people behind or perhaps he allready died before by natural couses.a heartattack or so.He was getting old he.
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Don't say that! I liked Kasuf. He was a good father. hehe
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

I think they mentioned something in the beginning in Full Circle about Kasuf leading his people to safety.

All the Abydonians ascended because they were "innocents."

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                I think they mentioned something in the beginning in Full Circle about Kasuf leading his people to safety.

All the Abydonians ascended because they were "innocents."
                They did. And I think Skaraa said ALL the Abydonians ascended, which would include Kasuf.
                Rocky

Comment

I have been going through my DVD's and rewatching some of my favorites and I have to admit that Forever In A Day is one of the best in the whole series. The camera work, the lighting and the editing are the best of any of the episodes. Each time I see it I'm floored by the quality of the work done on this piece. It's very, very well done.
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

ditto. I love the scenes off-world & in Daniel's apartment
                    YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

At times this ep got really confusing. Couldn't tell if he was dreaming or not. Like at the funeral was he dreaming the whole funeral up?

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                        At times this ep got really confusing. Couldn't tell if he was dreaming or not. Like at the funeral was he dreaming the whole funeral up?
                        I gotta agree.......too confusing. I still can't get my head around it.

Comment

I think this is a pretty good episode.
                          I actually thought Kasuf was funny- the way he just kept popping up everywhere. Like the time (I think after the funeral) when he's talking to Sha're behind the tent, and Kasuf jumps out and says 'find the boy!' or something like that.

And for the people who weren't sure about when he was dreaming, he was dreaming the whole time. The key is in the name 'forever in a day'. So much time past in his mind and his dreams when it was really only a few seconds in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
                            Yes, it was a "dream". Everything between the time Daniel dropped his gun and they showed Teal'c firing at Sha're was in Daniel's vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                              I think this is a pretty good episode.
                              I actually thought Kasuf was funny- the way he just kept popping up everywhere. Like the time (I think after the funeral) when he's talking to Sha're behind the tent, and Kasuf jumps out and says 'find the boy!' or something like that.

And for the people who weren't sure about when he was dreaming, he was dreaming the whole time. The key is in the name 'forever in a day'. So much time past in his mind and his dreams when it was really only a few seconds in real time.
                              eh? though so, but wasn't sure.

Comment

I really enjoy this episode. The first time I saw it, it took me a while to be able to get my head around it but I now think its very clever. I like the character of Sha're (obviously) and I love the way that they get to "let go" of each other in this episode.
                                He loves her and I think that comes across very well - often at times I felt she was forgotten in a way before this ep. The issue with Tea'lc was really touching, at first Daniel is angry, cant forgive him but by the end of the dream and the beginning of real life he realises Tea'lc has to kill her - so sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X