Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant SG1FanOregon's Avatar

Default Re: Forever In a Day (310)

It was a good but emotional episode for Daniel. I hated seeing him lose Sha're. She's 1 person whose among the most deserving to be saved. This was a tragedy all the way around, for Teal'c too. I know it just added to the remorse he feels for everything he did before joining the SGC

Unhappy Re: Forever In a Day (310)

Quote Originally Posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
    It was a good but emotional episode for Daniel. I hated seeing him lose Sha're. She's 1 person whose among the most deserving to be saved. This was a tragedy all the way around, for Teal'c too. I know it just added to the remorse he feels for everything he did before joining the SGC
    Yeah, I agree...Daniel should have been able to stay with her forever...They were so right for each other... ( I liked her too even though you didn't really understand her in the beginning...Don't like tragedy...at all

Chief Master Sergeant

The episode that didn't happen, in a way at least.

Like someone else said would be good to see how Daniel leaving the SGC would affect our exploration through the Stargate, or if simply if Sha're was never taken would he really of been "out there".

At least in these initial seasons it seems that like Daniel said he only really stepping through the gate with the hope that he would find Sha're and now the child. I'd like to think that even though that was a major contributor to why he joined the SGC that he also learnt the importance of his contribution to the Stargate program, SGC and SG-1 and that even in the early stages that wasn't just the only reason he stepped through the gate.

Was an interesting idea, but not my most favourite episode.

Quite a sad and confusing episode. I didn't really like it. I also didn't like that Sha're died. Why didn't they take her to the Tok'ra? like they said in one of Daniel's "visions"

Daniel Re: Forever In a Day (310)

My first time watching this episode, and in my opinion, it's the best Daniel centered episode so far in the series. Lots and lots of angst, but so beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
    Once again, there was great acting all round, but especially from MS and CJ. Teal'c strikes me as being a very hard character to play, because he is so strong and silent; to get his emotions accross, you have to do a lot with a little, if that makes any sense. CJ does that superbly, IMHO.
    I totally agree. MS and CJ portrayed Daniel's grief and Teal'c remorse very well. Not many episodes so far have focused on the relationship between Daniel and Teal'c, so this was overdue.

Very confusing episode .
    I liked Sha're , so sad that we'll never see her again.

Rating: 6/10

i like this episode sha'res death was sad and the friendship between Teal'c and danial getting shaky after i found great because it would be what would really happen altho it was not teal'cs fuilt he was only trying to save his friend.

probably the most all over the place episode in the series possibly out of all of sg-1 imo, i still have trouble figuring out the end.

The first time I saw this episode I disliked it. I thought it was annoying on several levels. But upon a second viewing, I loved it! Great episode!

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something.
    Or shot her hand that had the weapon. She may lose a hand, but not her life.
    "We do get paid for this, right?"

i agree there were ways of saving Danial without killing his wife

I guess they just wanted to end that story line and introduce the Harsesis story line

personally i was sad that she died, as they (the writers) ended up saving Skarra

Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

i agree at least they saved him

I'm absolutely in the camp that Teal'c couldn't have simply shot her hand/disarmed her/etc because of the storyline. The character of Daniel needed to move beyond his looking-for-wife motivation. Initially, it was a great dynamic. But the series was popular and was extending beyond a couple seasons and they had to address it. Frankly, I'm glad they did so and didn't make it some stupid-lame-almost-death (like they did in later storylines *cough*Carson*cough*).

Anyhoo.... here's a mini-picspam. Because pics are pretty.

i agree with the fact of the story line i think is was good they chose to kill her as it aloud as to see danial being in sg1 for a different reason. i was starting to get annoyed with the whole danial looking for his wife and i liked carson so i don't mind that he came back even if it isn't the real him

I had to watch it a second time to fully understand it. This was a very confusing episode.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Brigadier General

i still don't get it can some please tell me? so the time when teal'c entered the tent to kill sha're to the time at the end of the episode where we're back to the teal'c shooting her was all a dream?

Teal'c really killed her but (i haven't seen it in awhile) but since dreams are ment to be your minds working stuff out so who ever dream it was the person reliving it and trying to work out why it happened but its a guess need to see it again

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Not my fave episode, sad in too many ways, but still a great one for Daniel and Teal'c.

Probie

Ugh, this one was incredibly confusing first time I watched it. Luckily I could go back and watch over and over again until it clicked that it was all a dream except the beginning and end.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast