Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Forever In a Day (310)

I think they mentioned something in the beginning in Full Circle about Kasuf leading his people to safety.

All the Abydonians ascended because they were "innocents."

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    I think they mentioned something in the beginning in Full Circle about Kasuf leading his people to safety.

All the Abydonians ascended because they were "innocents."
    They did. And I think Skaraa said ALL the Abydonians ascended, which would include Kasuf.

I have been going through my DVD's and rewatching some of my favorites and I have to admit that Forever In A Day is one of the best in the whole series. The camera work, the lighting and the editing are the best of any of the episodes. Each time I see it I'm floored by the quality of the work done on this piece. It's very, very well done.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

ditto. I love the scenes off-world & in Daniel's apartment
    http://members.shaw.ca/userkey/user_...nky1ani1uj.gif YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

At times this ep got really confusing. Couldn't tell if he was dreaming or not. Like at the funeral was he dreaming the whole funeral up?

Riding her scooty throne in the Poking Land

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    At times this ep got really confusing. Couldn't tell if he was dreaming or not. Like at the funeral was he dreaming the whole funeral up?
    I gotta agree.......too confusing. I still can't get my head around it.

I think this is a pretty good episode.
    I actually thought Kasuf was funny- the way he just kept popping up everywhere. Like the time (I think after the funeral) when he's talking to Sha're behind the tent, and Kasuf jumps out and says 'find the boy!' or something like that.

And for the people who weren't sure about when he was dreaming, he was dreaming the whole time. The key is in the name 'forever in a day'. So much time past in his mind and his dreams when it was really only a few seconds in real time.

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Forever In a Day (310)

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    Yes, it was a "dream". Everything between the time Daniel dropped his gun and they showed Teal'c firing at Sha're was in Daniel's vision.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Riding her scooty throne in the Poking Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzey
    I think this is a pretty good episode.
    I actually thought Kasuf was funny- the way he just kept popping up everywhere. Like the time (I think after the funeral) when he's talking to Sha're behind the tent, and Kasuf jumps out and says 'find the boy!' or something like that.

And for the people who weren't sure about when he was dreaming, he was dreaming the whole time. The key is in the name 'forever in a day'. So much time past in his mind and his dreams when it was really only a few seconds in real time.
    eh? though so, but wasn't sure.

I really enjoy this episode. The first time I saw it, it took me a while to be able to get my head around it but I now think its very clever. I like the character of Sha're (obviously) and I love the way that they get to "let go" of each other in this episode.
    He loves her and I think that comes across very well - often at times I felt she was forgotten in a way before this ep. The issue with Tea'lc was really touching, at first Daniel is angry, cant forgive him but by the end of the dream and the beginning of real life he realises Tea'lc has to kill her - so sad.

This episode had me saying what the hell is going on. until the end then i realized what was going on. i think this was a good episode. It seems that for a few seconds sha're was stronger than the goa'uld inside her and manipulated the hand device so daniel could see and listen to her. Also i love the scene outside where jack, sam a lot of SGC members were at war with the jaffa. it was amazing. i love seen jack and sam side to side shooting like crazy it was very exciting scene.IMO
    Last edited by RubyRed; April 23rd, 2005 at 11:38 PM.

Second Lieutenant hollyshannensangel's Avatar

This was a heartbreaking eppy and it had me very confused until the end.
    Forever In A Day? More like Forever Confused.

I felt for Daniel oh, sha're poor, poor Sha're...well at least she'd made the path clear for...*you know who* lol.

I felt for Tea'lc though when he had to kill Sha're....

I'm the same as everyone else in that I was confused till the end and it seemed a bit of a let-down even then. The story was good and they've had episodes where you don't know what was happening till the end before, but this time by the end I didn't care. Some good acting and well thought out scenes but so annoying!

I had never thought that Sha're would be killed but TPTB know best I suppose
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

^ Yeah I thought it would be one of those unobtainable goals most shows put in. It was such an anticlimax to the whole 'daniel finding his wife' thing!

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Forever In a Day (310)

Well, I think a lot of people (my mother, to name names ) were getting tired of the "I have to find/save Sha're" thing. To this day, every time we watch one of the older seasons and Daniel even mentions Sha're, she rolls her eyes and says that she is so sick of hearing about Sha're this, Sha're that.
    Personally, I also think they should've found some way to keep her alive but out of reach, but TPTB had other things in mind.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah
    I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something.
    I know! Teal'c, buddy - seriously, you ever heard of kneecaps? And even if it was a split-second thing, it would have taken less time to bean the chick than to open the charging thingies on the staff weapon and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    Even though this was so angsty, I still enjoyed it. It was hard at times, being a Daniel/Sha're shipper, but I can see why they needed to wrap up the Sha're storyline plus give Daniel another reason to continue with the SGC.

Anyway, very sad episode, but their tragic love story had to come to an end somehow.
    It could have ended...non-tragically. This one was a real heartbreaker for me - I had seen a couple of later episodes, but I didn't see this coming. Since Children of the Gods, the main quest of the show had been to get Skaara and Sha're back. I dunno, I kind of always assumed that that particular quest would have a happy ending. Major letdown - especially seeing the scenes that play out as if she survived. Poor Dannyboy.

I also don't really see why she had to die. The episode could have been about Daniel getting her back, then being convinced (by Kasuf, Sha're, O'Niell, et al) that he has to continue on his quest to "defeat the gods" and find the Harcesis kid. And at night, he'd have a loving brunette to come home to, and they could make lots of babies. Everybody's happy.

It was a bold move, though. It would be like having Star Trek: Voyager stop trying to reach Earth mid-season, or like having the folks on Gilligan's Island decide that they don't want to leave after all. Or like having the Baywatch girls decide that they want to join a convent. I would normally applaud such boldness, except I haven't really seen a main plot rise to replace the Sha're storyline. It just kinda peeters into the Harsesis thing. Of course, I'm only up to season four, so I'll give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed
    Also i love the scene outside where jack, sam a lot of SGC members were at war with the jaffa. it was amazing. i love seen jack and sam side to side shooting like crazy it was very exciting scene.IMO
    Yeah, that rocked. I love the part where like a hundred Jaffa come pouring down the hill and Jack jumps onto the MALP that's armed with the chain gun.

Overall it was an awesome episode. I'm just a happy ending junkie, so I'm whining.

I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something. and did anyone notice the land of pink trees at the end!!!, Jack sitting on the malp shottin the jaffa, according to Peter Deluise this episode has the highest on screen body count!!!!

Second Lieutenant

Very good character building episode for Daniel, and I like how Teal'c HAD to kill her.........but he didn't HAVE to, just club her over the head and knock her out

If Daniel was dreaming the whole time then he dreampt about the planet with the pink trees so if it's only a dream world how did they show it in season 8 where they dialed all the gates in the galaxy?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast