This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Hank Landry Discussion and Appreciation thread

I am very angry & mad about the person who cast Beau Bridges as the new general. Could they not get anyone else for this part I think Beau should stick to slapstick movie because that is all he is good for. I had tone this message down a hell of a lot.

I thought Beau Bridges was... is great, first time I heard his voice, I thought "Hammond is back", but of course he wasn't.

I don't see what's bad about him playing General Landry.
    Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
    WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

I haven't made up my mind about the General yet, but I'm very skeptical of SG1 at this point and it has nothing to do with the actor.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysliver
        I am very angry & mad about the person who cast Beau Bridges as the new general. Could they not get anyone else for this part I think Beau should stick to slapstick movie because that is all he is good for. I had tone this message down a hell of a lot.
        Could you try and give a more precise and detailed explanation for your statement about Beau Bridges? I thought he was perfect playing an irascible general, newly put in charge (as recommened by Gen. O'Neill) of the SGC. As we have only seen in him in one episode, what are you basing your opinion upon?

He is NOT Gen. Hammond and definitely not Gen. O'Neill, he is Gen. Landry, a completely new character. You want a cookie cutter general? Sorry, I don't.

As for Beau Bridges playing "slapstick", could you also name some examples, because I've seen in him excellent dramatic, as well as non-slapstick comedy roles, but slapstick? Sorry, can't recall any.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I'm a big fan of Beau being on the show. To be honest, I thought Hammond's character was getting pretty stale, and they had even resorted to corny action sequences to livin him up. His role on the show ran its course, and I think he was hardly irreplacable. Watching Jack as general was frustrataing a lot of times, because you wanted him to go through the gate, not supervise.

It look like Beau Bridges' character will be a much more interesting general than we had with Hammond, but I hope his role is about the same as Hammond's as far as screen time goes.

Comment

I understand character changes can annoy people, but give it a couple of episodes and you'll probably get used to him.
            I haven't found one character in stargate to be that annoying.

Comment

He was OK apart from when he got agitated by Daniels explanation
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Beau bridges was fantastic and i found when he go agitated thing funny, he is 2nd best general after the great don s davis..
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                  Beau bridges was fantastic and i found when he go agitated thing funny, he is 2nd best general after the great don s davis..
                  What about Jack
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

he was 3rd.

Comment

So after 1 ep you think Landry is a better general than Jack
                      love Torri

Comment

You damn right i do - and you know why because i can.

Comment

ok my feelings about the actor and the genral he plays. beau bridges is a legend not just the fact that he's a great actor. but also to the fact of who he is related to. his brother was the the starman and also hung out with tron. while his father god rest his soul was a very great comic actor. so he knows comedy and drama and heck the guy wanted to be on stargate because he's a fan let me repeat that a fan. now about landry i was worried that the character would be a straight laced bore and bossy. but after watching that i saw a little Hammond and oneall come out.

Comment

your upset only about the actor or both actor and character? I like both, personally </html>

Comment

I think Beau kicked ass, I was skeptical about him when I first heard but once I saw it I was like "This guy is awesome"
                              sigpic
                              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Working...
                              X