This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Inconsistencies (All spoilers)

Well, I just watched the first episode of Season 2, and what I can say it that I found so many inconsistencies that it is becoming hard to describe. It's almost an inconsistencies show now.

Ok here's the first one I'm thinking about:

McKay goes placing the ZPM with two soldiers. The soldiers shoot at wraiths, it doesn't work and they get shot. Teyla arrives and shoots at the same wraiths, it works and they can go on safely.

Uh?
    No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
    I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
    Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

As the wraith have already been shot at they are weakened by the time Teyla gets there
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I wouldn't call that an inconsistency. For example if someone ran you over in say a VW beetle but you didn't die instantly and then someone else came along and ran you over with another beetle and you died would that be an inconsistency, no it would mean your injuries were sufficient enough that when hit again you died.

Thats not a very good analogy but it's what could have happened. Two soldiers shoot at wraith, wraith seem unaffected but in reality they have taken internal injuries that they don't heal in time to make them insignificant when teyla shoots them.

Comment

I thought it was 4 wraith. IE 2 wraith go down, and then 2 more take out the Soldiers.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

So I shoot you three times and you survive because I didn't hit you in vital organs and you haven't lost enough blood... but my friend comes along and shoots you once in the head... are you any less dead?

Comment

Yah. I agree with macktheknife. I thought it was something like that.

Comment

Mmmmhh, maybe... so why don't soldiers shoot twice more if one try + Teyla's try work? Why didn't the wraiths rise again after more seconds, and didn't trouble McKay and Teyla during all the time it took them to get the zpm running? Seems pretty lame to me, these wraiths sometimes dying quickly and sometimes recovering quicly...

But here is another inconsistency:

Why don't soilders hurry to cut the heads of the wraiths who fall. Why do they wait for them to recover?
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

I take it this is no longer a WOW thread!!
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  So I shoot you three times and you survive because I didn't hit you in vital organs and you haven't lost enough blood... but my friend comes along and shoots you once in the head... are you any less dead?
                  What vital organs? Wraith tissues are supposed to regenerate anyway. And they're always shot in vital organs (if we assume there are in their chests).

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
                    I thought it was 4 wraith. IE 2 wraith go down, and then 2 more take out the Soldiers.
                    So why didn't the two first wraiths stand up again after a few seconds?

Comment

So far there has been no evidence that cutting off the wraith's head would kill them, this is not Highlander. This is, however a television show and they also can't be too gory.

Secondly, there is no way for the soldiers to know that they were close to killing the wraiths. After all, Teyla might have hit some part of them herself that killed them instantly. I go back to my first statement. If you recieve three non-leathel wounds, and than one leathel wound, are you no less dead?

Living beings are not like computer games. They don't have damage pools.

Comment

How come that McKay and Zelenka alone, with Ancient tools, were able to fiddle a quick and dirty solution that the Ancients themselves had not implemented during years of siege?

Comment

So far there has been no evidence that cutting off the wraith's head would kill them, this is not Highlander.
                          I would. Seems to me useful even if not conclusive. Plus a good dose of water hozing

This is, however a television show and they also can't be too gory.
                          SGA seems to me gory and sinister enough already. Heroes constantly in a hopeless context and constantly causing trouble, doesn't look like a children show to me

Comment

I don't see how there's an inconsistency. The soldiers take out the two Wraith ahead of them. Those Wraith are dead (or at the very least unconsicous) on the floor in front of them. They start walking forward when they're shot by two more Wraith that are behind them. Those Wraith very slowly take aim at Rodney, thereby ensuring he can do the ejecting the clip thing with the gun (this is a t.v. show afterall), then the Wraith are killed by Teyla, who pulled the old switcheroo and came up behind them. No inconsistencies.
                            MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Perhaps because I've been watching Law and Order DVDs and Paul Verheoven moves, but Atlantis is not a gory show. It is a dark(er) show than SG1, but it's not gory. When there are pools of blood and regular dismembered bodies than I'll call it gory. Even the suicide in The Defiant One and Sumner's death in Rising involved very little blood or screen time. Cutting off the heads of the bad guys would be a departure from the style.

Comment

Working...
                              X