Favorite parts "the tuna torture" and O'Neill as "apprentice"
        I agree!!!
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

TEAL'C: They are intar.
          O'NEILL: Short for?
          TEAL'C: Intar.

And O'Neill's line about the attack being cancelled due to rain.. good stuff.

Overall, it wasn't a bad episode. I liked the video of Apophis's death when it was shown the first time in the SGC, it almost seemed more powerful than when it actually happened. The idea of a god being shown up as a normal person could of been done more strongly, it seemed a little weak at the end.

Teal'c's line "Apophis has lived for thousands of years. It is as if we have said the sun will never rise again." was perfect for the episode. It made me think of how many North Koreans believed Kim Il-Sung couldn't die, and he was alive for less than a hundred years..

One thing that bugs me about this episode is the use of language/culture.. usually I am fine with aliens speaking English, but in this one the "alien humans" (well, Jaffa) are a little too much like a SG team. I tried not to think about it but it kind of bothered me throughout. They had only been there for "5 cycles", I don't think that's enough time even with one SG team "teaching" them (probably in a half-assed way too?).

Comment

Well, they had to be very SG1-wise because they had to fool SG1!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

A solid episode -- stand-alone, not too complicated and moving at a steady pace.

I watched while taking a bath and I didn't even realize my water had gone cold.
              Not even bored for a moment.

Anyhow, training young men for infiltration and ultimately destroying the SGC from the inside out is actually an interesting idea. Too bad though that Apophis croaked before he could put the plans into motion to actually send his little minions/fodder to do what they were training for.

So, SG-1 walks in and goes on to try and convince these kids that their mighty god, they're so eager to lay down their lives for, is dead and not coming back to congratulate them on their good work. Of course, their weapons get mixed up with the Intars and someone gets killed and Kyle Rogers (didn't catch his real name) gets injured.

When he's at the SGC, he does a rapid 360 on Apophis being god -- seriously, that might be my only grievance with this episode, that he's so easily convinced what the Tau'ri are telling him is true. It could be explained away saying his heart wasn't that into it, but it sure seemed to be when we first meet him.

Anyway, a decent episode that I quite like so it gets a good from me.

How would you rate SG-1's "Rules of Engagement?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wish I could still fit into a bathtub .

FH is right. It's a pretty standalone episode where no much happens. It's interesting watch the Goa'uld use humans to replace Jaffa as I get why Apophis would do such a thing. If I have a compliant it's that these brainwashed kids come to their senses to easily. I'd give this a good as well and say I wish we saw intars more
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I wish I could still fit into a bathtub
                  Get a bigger tub.

Or do as I do occasionally, due to long limbs -- stick those feet out. Except when the cat's around cause he likes to catch the toes and sharp nails are not my best friend...

Comment

That would require a lot of remodeling in the bathroom
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

3-episode quiz: Deadman Switch, Demons & Rules of Engagement

Jigsaw puzzle: Rules Of Engagement
                      -- still respectable for me: 10:25
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 February 2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

9 minutes and 37 seconds
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

You're faster... again.

Comment

14:20. 11/15

A good episode full of shooting and stuff. .

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              A good episode full of shooting and stuff. .
                              Also makes for good trailers -- explosions and the like.

Comment

3x09 Rules of engagement
                                The pinkish moon was rotated and reused from the 3x07 Deadman’s switch.
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x09/01.jpg
                                http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x09/02.jpg
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X