X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree i love the huge apophis
    sigpic

Comment

one of the best episodes, i love o'neill especially with the mortors and he just is so annoyed that he is getting shot at like it never happens.

Comment

I also thought the Intars were cool - if Teal'c carries a stun weapon, then SG-1 should pack some Intar clips, they could save quite a few lives by stunning people instead of killing them.

There are many episodes where a few Intars to a misled leader of a town would resolve the entire show, because they won't just go around killing anyone who disagrees with them, but stunning them for a day would have gotten them out of many tight binds.

Of course earth might not be able to duplicate the alien Intar technology, and tranquilizer darts are far too slow to load, so maybe that could be a reason why they are never seen again.

At the very least, I think they should all carry the zap guns - why should Teal'c be the only one using one?

Comment

i agree it they all used zat guns many people would not die but it may be sg1 may not use them all the time because altho affective they may not find zating the enemy worth it since only stunning a person who believes in so strongly as the jaffa and others do zating them will only mean they will live to fight again
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
            i agree it they all used zat guns many people would not die
            Zat guns in my opinion are not a viable option here because in a combat-simulation setting, it would not be unrealistic that someone would get shot twice straight due to an accident or overzealous trigger finger etc...
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I agree that accidentally firing twice could happen, and may happen often, but it would still in the end kill far less than the guns. Say it happened one every four times, which is way overestimating as we have rarely seen say, Teal'c hit the same guy twice, once they fall over with the zat, you don't shoot them anymore. But if it did happen one out of four times, it would still save 1 out of 4 lives that their gun kills.

Also, when they stumble accross a 'misguided' little town or city, which has happened a lot, they need a way to disable an angry mob or the leaders without just massacring everyone with guns. They go to these little townss and bring guns, can't use them because they don't want to kill innocent but misguided civilians, then they are sentenced to death or something and they have to escape, it happened in many episodes. A few zats and they could knock a bunch of people out and run away, or sneak around and disable people if they are looking for Merlin's book or whatever they end up needing in these small towns. In other words, they are caught too much by 'less advanced' races simply because they naturally refuse to kill them but have no other way of disabling them. Can you imagine the Asguard getting caught in some little medieval town? I don't think they would let it happen and would bring an alternative to killing the townspeople. Just an idea, and my two cents.

All of the advanced aliens use beam weapons anyway, beam weapons are more advanced and they must prefer them due to some sort of tactical or practical advantage they give, such as not having to reload.

Comment

i totally agree in some episodes i have seen that one person is the reason a mob would attack them and if they go to that town to get to that person without killing many zats would work well and they wouldn't be sentenced to death for murder
                sigpic

Comment

I find it a bit odd that the final test involves a slaughter, surely it would make more sense to have more men rather than a few men, admittedly of a better quality.
                  "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

true but i guess it is a test to see if they will follow that order and if they would kill and i guess he thinks well i could always train more. i think it is also a way to weed out the strong and most skilled from the weak and unskilled worriers because those who fight and live will fight again and kill more enemy's so he would only want those who can battle and survive to live so they can fight again
                    Last edited by gateship15; 20 March 2009, 04:21 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

SG1 runs across a bunch of kids that are playing war games. Apparently, they were dropped off by Apophis (or his jaffa) and everyone forgot about them when Apophis, you know, got spanked.

All the boys make funny faces. Carter doesn't play along.

So, on the return mission, they make Carter paint her face green.

I love when she gets to look all military-like

Yes, I posted this on my LJ... I thought maybe I'd share my mini-picspams here. Whaddya'll think?
                      Last edited by Pic; 20 March 2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

yep thats pretty much what happened great pictures
                        sigpic

Comment

Just watching SG-1 for the first time. I never saw the footage of Apophis dying. I thought that he was blown up with his ship. I think that I missed an episode. Can someone point me to which one?

Comment

Originally posted by Chronosynclastic Infundibulum View Post
                            Just watching SG-1 for the first time. I never saw the footage of Apophis dying. I thought that he was blown up with his ship. I think that I missed an episode. Can someone point me to which one?
                            I'm pretty sure it was "Serpent's Song" from season 2.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flow View Post
                              I'm pretty sure it was "Serpent's Song" from season 2.
                              Thanks! That looks like the one and I have not seen. What an episode to miss!

Comment

It was a good episode but i wouldn't show it to someone in trying to convince them to watch SG1
                                Some say that he has only one ear.
                                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                                All we know is he's called
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X