Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORD AND THE JUMPER – A CLARIFICATION, by Martin Gero (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FORD AND THE JUMPER – A CLARIFICATION, by Martin Gero (SPOILERS)

Hey guys, I thought I’d just take a second and clarify something that’s troubled a few of you.

The Jumpers, while in near and inside Atlantis, are pretty much on autopilot when it comes to landing and taking off. Ford does not have the ATA Gene, but ANYONE can operate and activate the Jumper’s DHD. He entered an address and just went along for the ride. Once he gets to where he’s going, he would have to fly the Jumper towards the gate for the autopilot to engage…so because he doesn’t have the gene, he’ll just dump the Jumper and move on.

Secondly, the Wraith enzyme is kinda like a steroid, it strengthens Ford without changing him genetically into a Wraith (we’ll deal with stories about that this year too…don’t you worry) therefore, the Jumper wouldn’t lock him out because he still has no Wraith DNA.

Okay…hope that clears things up. Glad most of you liked the first ep, we’re all pretty excited about the rest of the season…it gets even better from here! (There’s a 302 sequence in “The Intruder” that took my breath away the first time a saw it…I think you’ll love it.)

All the best,

Martin Gero

p.s. sometimes a hug is just a hug. Sheppard put his life on the line to save Weir and the entire city…heck, I’D give him a hug the next time I saw him too.

Thank for the clarification, Martin. I appreciate it, and I know others will too. This was an awesome episode and a great way to start us off.

You are amazing! Good job.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Thank you Martin!! That's what a few of us came up with...

It was a little confusing watching the episode and wondering how he was doing what he was doing.

Now with your clarification as proof... it makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks once again

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Well a hug may be just a hug, but the 2 were hmm... - ROFL

I think it's great that writers would post here and this "302 sequence in “The Intruder" sounds rather cool ... I can't wait!
        Last edited by LoveYouBaby; 17 July 2005, 02:35 PM.
        Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
        WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Thanks for clearing up why he'd dump the Jumper! If I got my hands on one of those things, I wouldn't leave it lying around...

Comment

Ooh, I was right! Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the hug, well, I'd hug him too. But it was a very touching moment that really brought the story back from a somewhat impersonal quest to save the city down to a personal level, and reminded us that the heroes are all human too.
            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
            Last update: 14 April 2006
            Melyanna's Multimedia
            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Thank you Martin for coming in and clearing that up. It was a great ep.

And thank you Gateworld for having such a great site that the writers will actually spend time and come in here and clear stuff up.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification RE: the jumper. It's what some of us suspected.

RE: your PS, I'm afraid that I tend to ignore anything said by anyone who works at Bridge about what is and is not important when it comes to character relationships. That is not meant as an insult, but simply that I've watched far too many people associated with Stargate 'stir the pot' to honestly take it seriously.

That is not meant to be insulting, but simply that I only have so much energy for a fandom, and spending it deciphering comments from actors, writers, and producers who may or may not be throwing out disinformation or contridictory information isn't that high on my list.

I apologize if that is too blunt, but I do believe that 'stiring of the pot' from SG1 has forced me to at least take that position.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, Martin.

But if the enzyme is just like a steroid, how come the left side of Ford's face is all Wraith-y? Or is that just a coincidence?

As for the hug... After so many years of virulent on again/off again, shove-it-down-your-throat ship on SG-1, I, personally, tend to get a little twitchy at ANYTHING that could be construed as ship on Atlantis. I do not want to be put through that hell again, thank you. If it's just a hug, though (which is what I fervidly hoped it was even through my cringing) then yay for that. And yes, if anyone deserved a hug, it was Shep.

Comment

Thanks for that. I was wondering how he was doing it when I first saw the ep, then I noticed he was in the co-pilots seat so I guessed it was on autopilot (hence how it looks exactly the same each time )

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the puddlejumper question Martin! It was really bothering me!

re the hug. Great scene. It humanized the conflict as Mel put it, gave some S/W shippers something to cheer about and yet was subtle enough for the non-shippers like Shadow to blithely ignore. Subtle is good, works and keeps us all happy. Although I do have to admit to being puzzled as to why you brought it up in a totally unrelated post...

Comment

glad that was cleared up

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for taking the time to post. We fans love it when people from the show do stuff like this.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

It's not so much the hug but those akward looks they have before and after... they're really subtle, but there still there.
                            Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

I think it was great that Weir showed a little emotion. She's human, after all, and that was a very stressful situation.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X