Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G
    OK...

1. Ellen might be a Cylon or she might just be a Sherry Palmer.

2. Interesting background we have on Tigh.

Overall, solid ep. Good to see BSG back!
    Heya Matt! How's tricks?

I agree Ellen Tigh looks like she could be Number Six' mother.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Tricks are OK Bru!

Another thing, I thought that much Cylonness when the Boomers got toasted was going to overload Galactica-Boomer's mind permanently. What the heck's the point of setting up an agent that will(assuming she can convince Galactica she's not all-evil) turn against them?
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I've been lucky enough to see up to ep 2.05 "The Farm" at my local Sci-fi group. All I'll say is keep watching...
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

i loved this episode!

Comment

Good ep. Tigh taking command was quite interesting, and the flashbacks between him and Adama were good too. Jumping before giving the fleet the coordinates was pretty cool. Nice thinking with the firewall too. Just got it all done in time. That new transport ship the Cylons had was cool too.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I've finally got the DVD set of season 2, as it is in the Virgin Megastore sale at only 18GBP, so I've just watched this episode and all the deleted scenes. Great episode, and I do think it is a shame that they had to delete so many of the Tigh / Adama flashbacks; it makes a lot more sense when you've seen those deleted scenes! I think I'll be rewatching this episode quite a few times...
              Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

This was a solid start to the season, and rounded the bases competently among the several scattered plot threads with a measured pace.

The action thrust of the story worked quite well, with computer technology playing a role insofar unique in the series; of course, the crash of that Heavy Raider is an effective cliffhanger as well. The battle itself was a visual beauty, with very judicious use of interceptor fire, a supremely sensible battle tactic that was first seen on SF TV in Babylon 5.

The flashbacks in principle are a good idea, but they are way too piecemeal in the episode to add much. They should be fleshed out more, but I realize the tough situation editing-wise given the more immediate plot material that would be lost if more flashback depth was saved from the cutting-room floor.

7/10
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Yeah, there are a lot more flashbacks in the deleted scenes of the dvd. Without those deleted scenes the flashbacks don't really add much, though.
                  Mia: Don't you hate that?
                  Vincent: Hate what?
                  Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                  Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                  Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                  - Pulp Fiction

Comment

oops saul lost something

great ep to start the second season
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A great episode and a great start to the season.

I too have seen the deleted scenes and they really help to piece a lot more together. It's such a shame what has to go for the sake of running time... Can you imagine what BSG would've been like if they didn't have to cut anything that they didn't want to? There's some *brilliant* stuff in the deleted material.

The very first time I saw this ep (and the few that come after) I was *SO* pissed at Tigh; now when I watch, I'm a lot more sympathetic to his state confusion and disarray. "Those are my orders." - Hogan delivered the line well. We see it way back in the Mini too; Tigh is comfortable in second position, but when forced to take charge, he struggles.
                      Spoiler:
                      Adama has a great line to Tigh in a couple eps about the burden of command.

Brilliant end to the ep! Just when there seems to be relatively happy ending, you realize that Galactica is still frakked. It's so eerie seeing those red lights!
                      "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                      ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                        A great episode and a great start to the season.

I too have seen the deleted scenes and they really help to piece a lot more together. It's such a shame what has to go for the sake of running time... Can you imagine what BSG would've been like if they didn't have to cut anything that they didn't want to? There's some *brilliant* stuff in the deleted material.

The very first time I saw this ep (and the few that come after) I was *SO* pissed at Tigh; now when I watch, I'm a lot more sympathetic to his state confusion and disarray. "Those are my orders." - Hogan delivered the line well. We see it way back in the Mini too; Tigh is comfortable in second position, but when forced to take charge, he struggles.
                        Spoiler:
                        Adama has a great line to Tigh in a couple eps about the burden of command.

Brilliant end to the ep! Just when there seems to be relatively happy ending, you realize that Galactica is still frakked. It's so eerie seeing those red lights!
                        I sort of understand, but I realized how much stress that Tigh must've been under, and knowing his character...it was fitting in right in with it. And yes the ending was cool!
                        And, the episode starts possibly the best arc of episodes of the series.
                        sigpic
                        Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                        Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

I loved the flashbacks....wish Tigh had killed Boomer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keshou View Post
                            I also am not sure how all the Cylon's are linked. CapricaBoomer mentioned that CapricaSix's consciousness was being downloaded and soon everyone would know where they are. So it goes back to some sort of central processing system? How can that link be in place and the Cylons don't appear to be linked at all in other ways.
                            Perhaps they initially looked at them being some sort of hive mind, but instead went with the 'downloaded consiousness' angle.

Originally posted by keshou View Post
                            Oh, I'm also bummed about the new opening. At least it's not mutilated like SG-1 and Atlantis but I still miss the old U.S. theme. I liked the woodwinds and the beat of the drums.
                            The going to a new intro doesn't irk me off as much. Heck that they did a new one for each new season was good imo.

Originally posted by Liebestraume View Post
                            Like, I am also a littel confused by Helo's sudden change of heart when it comes to "Sharon" -- would the fact that she is carrying his child automatically make her trustworthy?
                            IMO it was more a touch of old school chivelry. She was with child, HIS, so he had to be seen as protective. Now whether that makes him stupid, or just a guy is up in the air.

Originally posted by Liebestraume View Post
                            Besides that, there are (at least) two new questions that intrigue:
                            (1) Was cylon virus successful in penetrating all 4 of Gaeta's firewalls?
                            I always wanted to know, if the Cylons are a sort of android like robot, who exactly was doing the programming? And since we saw the inside of a cylon raider, how was it transmitting a virus in the first place?

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            Yeah, we've seen them do it before against Helo (I mean come on. Two Centurians fail to take out one injured guy who only has a pistol?) They weren't there to kill him, just make it hard for him. I think the same thing might be happening to Baltar and Tyrol and Co on Kobol
                            I think the difference between the Helo issue and the angle with Baltar was that Helo was known to be associated with Boomber/sharon, and the aspect of her pregnancy. So perhaps it was her who told the centurions to "go easy on him". As to Baltar, i think that was more cause they didn't want to potentially hit and kill boomber.

Comment

Working...
                            X