This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damnit it's cold!

Dont know why I never made the connection until the other night while watching the older rerun eps. But, back in the first season where we were just encountering Apophis, the SG-1 team would always have a layer of frost on them after exiting a stargate. Nowadays, that never seems to happen. What happened here? Was there some "anti freeze gene" therapy that nobody knows about? Also, I never seem to recall a Gou'uld or any other characters for that matter having frost on them after leaving a stargate. Some off the wall homage to "Back To The Future" going on here?

I noticed that as well. I presumed they wrote it out cos the actors got pissed off with being turned into popsicles every episode.
    Maybe they've installed a heating element around all the stargates, so you are nice and toasty as you step through.

Comment

The layer of frost was caused by instability of blah, blah, blah (carter can explain it)... but this was due to the SGC dialing computer being a bit off... never happened with DHDs (return trips never seemed that cold). So the explanation would be that Carter made some modifications to the dialing program which improved the stability...

Its somewhat similar to the question of why the SGC doesnt shake when the stargate is dialing anymore, the answer is that they added some parts to dampen the tremors.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        The layer of frost was caused by instability of blah, blah, blah (carter can explain it)... but this was due to the SGC dialing computer being a bit off... never happened with DHDs (return trips never seemed that cold). So the explanation would be that Carter made some modifications to the dialing program which improved the stability...

Its somewhat similar to the question of why the SGC doesnt shake when the stargate is dialing anymore, the answer is that they added some parts to dampen the tremors.
        Yeah, Sam did. I think it was mentioned in one of the episodes, but which one it is I'm not quite sure... *ponders*

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
        --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

basically the changed it because it will become enoying after whil like them getting thrown half way across ground when they came out of the stagate - so they just came up with crap excuse to dismiss - Which i totally agree with.
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up guys, I'd heard the answer here before but didn't remember it on a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
              Yeah, Sam did. I think it was mentioned in one of the episodes, but which one it is I'm not quite sure... *ponders*
              I think it may have been in Red Sky, I would have to go back and check. But I think in that later season ep they were thrown from the gate and had the ice crystals on them because some instability was caused by going through the sun... I think then Sam explains why it normally doesnt happen anymore.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

AGateFan, I think you are right. I think she does explain it in RED SKY.

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
                  They mentioned in the episode when sam and jack were sent arctica that installed dampeners. thats how they found them

100TH POST!
                  anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

they should have never had ice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                      they should have never had ice at all.
                      Looked cool though! (no pun intended)
                      It seems a bit odd that because the earth gate wasn't aligned, cos we had no DHD, frost would form.

Comment

Sam fixed the computer that is also the reason they dont get space sickness anymore
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Sam fixed the computer that is also the reason they dont get space sickness anymore
                          Woohoo! Much <3 for Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Woohoo! Much <3 for Sam
                            McKay doesnt deserve to clean her boots!!! lol
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              McKay doesnt deserve to clean her boots!!! lol
                              But I bet he would lick them...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X