Rodney McKay/Carson Beckett Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
    Hang on what happened to McShepp, jeez you are fickle. Oh do you mean separately, like Carson/Paul Rodney/David I get that. Oh I get that.
    Ooops, yes, that was mistakeable, sorry! Yes, I meant separately, PM and DH as two thunkable men so to speak.
    My favourite slash pairing is still McShep, but McBeck is really a close second (btw, lately I noticed that I'm falling for Shep/Beck too)

You know I have 156 posts in here! Jeez I wasted a lot of time on captions. *ah those were the days fun, fun weird silly fun*
    Yeah, great times, the caps were fun. I still have those I made in my PB account and smile whenever I scroll past them and think of the Rockett era.

Sadly I simply don't really have the time for playing with Photoshop anymore.

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
      Ooops, yes, that was mistakable, sorry! Yes, I meant separately, PM and DH as two thunkable men so to speak.
      My favourite slash pairing is still McShep, but McBeck is really a close second (btw, lately I noticed that I'm falling for Shep/Beck too)
      I get that. I confess to having been preoccupied by McKay/Mitchell lately

SG-1/SGA spoilers
      Spoiler:
      If the caps and the rumoured interactions happen next week on SG-1, well I am so there... I am thinking of starting a slash thread for them. No really.

Comment

Oh, Pegasus Project is on next week already? I never watch the new SG1 eps, only SGA, but this ep I have to see too.

Sorry for the OT,
        Bye, A.

Comment

Hang on what happened to McShepp, jeez you are fickle. Oh do you mean separately, like Carson/Paul Rodney/David I get that. Oh I get that.

You know I have 156 posts in here! Jeez I wasted a lot of time on captions. *ah those were the days fun, fun weird silly fun*

I love the picture!! i would have given anything to be there!!

love Kady
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, great times, the caps were fun. I still have those I made in my PB account and smile whenever I scroll past them and think of the Rockett era.

Sadly I simply don't really have the time for playing with Photoshop anymore.

Bye, A.
            Hi Arlessiar & Willow'sCat (nice change of name DWR)

I haven't been here in sooooooo long. Last time I was here was somewhere in the beginning of the year. Just been too busy!! Getting ready for the arrival of our 3rd bub in October. Can't even lurk as often as I want to!! The only thing I can manage these days apart from my usual "Real life" routine, is watching re-runs of SG on Ch7 if I'm up late enough!!! Geez this channel is completely hopeless!!

Just dropping by to say HELLO! and it's great to see that now and again "The Rockett" continues to rise from the grave :d But I heartily agree with both of you that the early days of "The Rockett" were the weirdest, bestest, funniest, fun times ever.

See you again whenever!!
            Celestial
            Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
            and Captain Jack Harkness
            Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
            Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
            Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
            I live here.....Calling All Australians?
            My other home...Stargate Down Under
            My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial
              I haven't been here in sooooooo long. Last time I was here was somewhere in the beginning of the year. Just been too busy!! Getting ready for the arrival of our 3rd bub in October. Can't even lurk as often as I want to!!
              Celestial! Hi! Good to hear from you! And you're pregnant - congrats!!!

Yeah, the Rockett's been a bit slow lately. I guess the golden times are over, but well, at least "Rockett" is a well-known term now in the fandom!

Bye, A.

Comment

Yeah, the Rockett's been a bit slow lately. I guess the golden times are over, but well, at least "Rockett" is a well-known term now in the fandom!
                Except that over on live journal in the Beckett/McKay community, they didn't know about Rockett and just call it McBeck. Apparently Rockett has now been hijacked by the Ronon/Beckett people. I had to explain to the group that this was here first!!

I am working on some new Rockett icons and will post here soon when they are done, in the meantime, I made this as a background for my Rockett fic on my website...

Click on it to see the full size as it is for a 1024 width screen...

Mahlia
                Mahlia Belonn

Comment

Originally posted by MahliaBelonn
                  Except that over on live journal in the Beckett/McKay community, they didn't know about Rockett and just call it McBeck. Apparently Rockett has now been hijacked by the Ronon/Beckett people. I had to explain to the group that this was here first!!
                  Really? I mean, I call the whole thing McBeck too, I always did that, and 'Rockett' was a nice addition, but it was really always Beckett/McKay for me and I thought that was this way in the whole fandom. Now it's Ronon/Beckett? Noooo!

The background you made is very nice, Mahlia!

Bye, A.

Comment

Mahlia
                    Uh, no, actually, the LJ beckett_mckay community was there from about the time of the series premier. Some of us know you folks here call it "rockett" and we're just not that fond of the name.

The pairing is fairly well known in fandom, but "rockett" as a name is just... eh. Doesn't do a damned thing for me.
                    Mice
                    Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

Originally posted by Mice
                      Uh, no, actually, the LJ beckett_mckay community was there from about the time of the series premier. Some of us know you folks here call it "rockett" and we're just not that fond of the name.

The pairing is fairly well known in fandom, but "rockett" as a name is just... eh. Doesn't do a damned thing for me.
                      I didn't mean the group... I meant the name. I didn't explain myself properly. I just don't like the fact that it is now being claimed for the Ronon/Beckett pairing when we already used it.

Personally, I use both names, but I did like the "Ride The Rockett" motto and all of the caps that came with it!

Mahlia
                      Mahlia Belonn

Comment

I have been playing around with some icons that I had previously made that were a bit boring and made them better. The originals are posted back on July 13th... now for the supercharged ones. Most of them I like much better, but one I am not sure of...

Mahlia
                        Mahlia Belonn

Comment

oooooh it's nice to see that the rockett thread is active again!! Keep up with the rockettness, guys!!
                          sigpic

Comment

: Oh come on, if Carson was your doctor you'd be a hypochondriac too.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I'd let Carson examine me any day...
                              Mice
                              Slash Rodent from Heck

http://www.squidge.org/mice

Comment

Oh we can't have that! I wasted er... spent far too much time here to have some other fandom rip it off! Someone call Celestial!

Personally, I use both names, but I did like the "Ride The Rockett" motto and all of the caps that came with it!
                                And Immy (formely known as Imo)did that great one with them on the Rockett.

Comment

Working...
                                X