This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your season nine opinions

Ok, I know there are the two huge Anti/Pro season nine threads....but this is an open thread dedicated to everybody's opinions whether it is positive, negative, or a little of both. I hope this thread resembles a beach ball.....it stays high on the boards for Friday and then drops down until next friday comes along and its back to the top

My first impression was I liked it. Vala wasnt as annoying as I thought she would be. BB was just fine... none of the old characters were treated badly.... too bad people at work would not STOP CALLING ME. I will watch it again on next showing to verify or disprove my initial impression.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

For talk about "Avalon, Part 1" specifically rather than the new SG-1 / Season Nine in general, please use the official thread. Thanks!

Comment

I thought it was an awesome season opener. The two new cast members fit in better then i thought they would i was laughing throught the whole episode. I can't remember the last time that happened while watching SG1. It was mostly the comments between Daniel and Vala that were cracking me up. So its my second offical post and i can't wait for next friday.

Comment

So far its going ok, i do think they over worked Ben Browder as a funny guy which he is not. His voice is a little annoying not as much as Claudia Black was during the episode though either she is a slut or likes Daniel make up your minds. Beau Bridges was all right hopefully they give us more info on why JACk picked him. I do hope that both Teal'c and Carter come back but if they dont i wont mind if they find other people to fill in the spots because as much as i like to see the old SG-1 i think they have saved earth many times and could take a break for sometime. The show was intresting it did not leave me bored to the point where i start looking for something else to do like a few of the old stargate sg1 episodes.
          Last edited by NXds; 18 July 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I think the writers had Vala spouting off too many witty remarks. The first 2-3 were funny, but she became annoying because she tried to turn every situation into a joke. The scene where she's in the hopsital bed is a perfect example of how annoying she was. I think the writers felt that having Vala be a sort of comedian would be funny, but like all good things, if there's too much of it, it gets DULL and BORING very quickly.

I really miss General Hammond and how serious he was. For whatever stupid reason they decided to continue to leave him out and have Gen. Landry come in is beyond me.

Col. Mitchell needs to lose the whole "let's-make-a-joke-out-of-everything" character trait because it's very annoying. I don't think i recall him taking a situation seriously instead of turning everything into a segue (it means 'transition' for those who don't know) for a stupid "clever" one-liner. This gives me an impression of how poor his judgement may be and how he may not be able to lead a team as high-profile as Sg-1. The guy is a miltary officer, he should ACT LIKE ONE - he doesn't always have to be GI-JOE, but the writers need to convince US, the viewers, that his backround fits the character - and it's not right now.

One thing that made Stargate so great was that their storylines were written in a way that made everything they did/say plausible. Wise-cracking Colonel's who act like children 95% of the time is not something plausible, that viewers will believe. O'neill was serious when the situations required him to be, but Mitchell.. i just don't see it in him. The guy's a clown.
            'A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." '
            --Neil McCauley
            Heat

Comment

Originally posted by nfx
              I think the writers had Vala spouting off too many witty remarks. The first 2-3 were funny, but she became annoying because she tried to turn every situation into a joke. The scene where she's in the hopsital bed is a perfect example of how annoying she was. I think the writers felt that having Vala be a sort of comedian would be funny, but like all good things, if there's too much of it, it gets DULL and BORING very quickly.

I really miss General Hammond and how serious he was. For whatever stupid reason they decided to continue to leave him out and have Gen. Landry come in is beyond me.

Col. Mitchell needs to lose the whole "let's-make-a-joke-out-of-everything" character trait because it's very annoying. I don't think i recall him taking a situation seriously instead of turning everything into a segue (it means 'transition' for those who don't know) for a stupid "clever" one-liner. This gives me an impression of how poor his judgement may be and how he may not be able to lead a team as high-profile as Sg-1. The guy is a miltary officer, he should ACT LIKE ONE - he doesn't always have to be GI-JOE, but the writers need to convince US, the viewers, that his backround fits the character - and it's not right now.

One thing that made Stargate so great was that their storylines were written in a way that made everything they did/say plausible. Wise-cracking Colonel's who act like children 95% of the time is not something plausible, that viewers will believe. O'neill was serious when the situations required him to be, but Mitchell.. i just don't see it in him. The guy's a clown.
              He was serious. I think Lt. Col. Mitchell just wants SG-1 to really like him... I think he is desparate for them to. He wants to get the team back together, and really wants it to work. He's also trying to find his dynamic in the team. He might be the leader... but he's also the new guy on the block. That means, he'll likely lead his team much more loosely than even O'Neill might have. He respects the other team members too much... they are legends... he still has to prove he can do it. poor guy...

So far, I think season 9 is gonna be great.
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

i love it and is a great show. hope it keeps on going.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Awesome so far.

Comment

My internal organs still hurt from laughing. It speaks for itself

Comment

Originally posted by NXds
                      So far its going ok, i do think they over worked Ben Browder as a funny guy which he is not.
                      Have you seen Farscape, at all?
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I was pretty pleased with Avalon, so i'm guessing season 9 will be pretty much an all right season. I say this because i have a feeling there will be more team oriented episodes (albeit with a new team). But truthfully, as it stands, it's hard to judge the entire season just by the premiere alone. So perhaps i'll wait for a few episodes before i make a true judgement.

Comment

I thought Avalon was a let down for the S/J ship but I aboslutely loved Vala and Cameron. They add a spice to the show especially Vala. I love her character! She's absolutely obnoxious and rude and it makes it fun to watch and how she likes to toy with Daniel and mess with him. I'm looking forward to more and I hope that next year that they make Vala a regular.

I don't know about the rest of the seasons though, kinda been preoccupied with SGA.

Comment

-Love Vala.....she's great. I'll miss her when she leaves

-Not crazy about Mitchell yet....he's too Crichtony. Hopefully that changes as he gets more settled with the team

-Love how Daniel has evolved over the course of the shwo

-Not sure about Landry yet....wait and see approach

-Teal'c is Teal'c

-Gonna miss O'Neill and RDA

Out...

Comment

Hmmm, Wellllll .... Vala wasn't as horrifying as I thought she'd be. Although I do think she corrupts Daniel. Mitch ... kinda of whiny and pathetic at first glance... at second glance, just pathetic. The guys wanna retire! Leave 'em alone! Ok ok, kidding, but I get the gist. I thought there was too much puzzle solving and walking around and yakking. I miss the days when you'd just jump right into the action and figure out how to get out of a narrow corner using spit and bobby pins. That's all gone now. Merlin as an Ancient just made me spew my apple juice. Puh-leeeeze! The Ancients of the Round Table thing doesn't work for me much.

... AND TEAL'C DOES NOT SAY "FUN"
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X