This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goaul´d takes Jaffa as hosts?

Something is very confusing to me. Can the Goa'uld symbiote take the Jaffa as host or not?

In one episode we saw that Tilc´s girlfriend learned to communicate with her symbiote. Later to save her life she was given a symbiote by the Tok'ra. She was then killed by Tanith, the symbiote within her that was given a new host.

In another episode we learn that the Goa'uld symbiotes cannot take Jaffa as hosts.

Which is correct? This confuses me

Maybe you can ask Joe. We were debating this in another thread for the ep Warrior but it never got conclusively resolved... not that I think Joe would conclusively resolve it, I think he likes messing with our heads too much.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think in the episode where they go back in time Tealc says that his symbiote will take him over as host if it matures and can't find another host.

So I would say that they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam
        Something is very confusing to me. Can the Goa'uld symbiote take the Jaffa as host or not?
        No.

Originally posted by Spam
        In one episode we saw that Tilc´s girlfriend learned to communicate with her symbiote. Later to save her life she was given a symbiote by the Tok'ra. She was then killed by Tanith, the symbiote within her that was given a new host.
        First things first. It's Teal'c.

Second, this is not what happened. She was given a new larval goa'uld. She was NOT taken as a host. Tanith killed her prim'tah (larval goa'uld). The symbiote was not given a 'new' host for several reasons. First and foremost, it was dead. It died before she did. Second, it was very young. It was incapable of taking a host at all.
        sigpic

Comment

In the episode 1969 Teal'c said his symbiote could take his body over for a limited amount of time before it dies.

Comment

YES the jaffa can be taken as host, but ONLY by the symbiote they carry once it matures. teal'c says so in 1969 (and if you cant trust a first prime who can ya trust?). we often hear in the show that jaffa cannot be hosts but the reason they say that is because they already have a Goa'uld larva in them, so they cannot have two goa'uld inside them.

so why dont the goa'uld simply keep the jaffa they are in instead of taking hosts? the answer to that is simple: vanity. the goa'uld want a younger, less war-worn, and more attractive body than that of the jaffa, plus the big X in their stomach doesnt look to good
            Last edited by walterIsTheMan; 16 July 2005, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure about after they're inplanted, but my geuss is that they definitly can before they're inplanted with a symbiote
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

check out this thread, we've been discussing it before

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=13881
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X