Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the EMMY "ain't it ironic" award goes to...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the EMMY "ain't it ironic" award goes to...

The SciFi channel for cutting the opening theme for SGA (and SG1) down to 10 seconds just as SGA is nominated for an EMMY for it's TITLE MUSIC !!!
    A nomination well deserved but Hello, SciFI head honchos, are you listening!!!!

Very Ironic - did not know that thank you.- Sci-Fi only care about money and not good programming.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Of course not. It'd make waaaaaaaaay too much sense to continue doing something that works.

Comment

I thought they were only cutting the thing before the theme song thing. Like how it used to be ,"Now, SciFi original series, StargateG1" Gate is being dialed. Wormhole forms. Open the iris, its SG1! Team steps out, and some are wounded. Scene fades into the theme with the song. Are you talking about that thing before the theme or the theme itself?

Comment

Originally posted by yabyumpan
          The SciFi channel for cutting the opening theme for SGA (and SG1) down to 10 seconds just as SGA is nominated for an EMMY for it's TITLE MUSIC !!!
          A nomination well deserved but Hello, SciFI head honchos, are you listening!!!!
          I just read the list, yes that is the first thing I thought too! They should be ashamed. They won't be of course. They may not even mention it.

Comment

Maybe the emmy nomination will tell Scifi SOMETHING!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Maybe the emmy nomination will tell Scifi SOMETHING!
              Oh, it'll tell them something. The real question is will SciFi listen?....

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Hotshot
                  I thought they were only cutting the thing before the theme song thing. Like how it used to be ,"Now, SciFi original series, StargateG1" Gate is being dialed. Wormhole forms. Open the iris, its SG1! Team steps out, and some are wounded. Scene fades into the theme with the song. Are you talking about that thing before the theme or the theme itself?
                  Nah, it's the theme tune itself that's being cut.

Comment

I hope they get the award because the music is awesome. I have to wonder though with the new shows starting tomorrow night will the changed opening influence the outcome of the awards.
                    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                    Individuality is freedom lived.
                    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                      I hope they get the award because the music is awesome. I have to wonder though with the new shows starting tomorrow night will the changed opening influence the outcome of the awards.
                      Even if they do decide to go back to the theme, we will be stuck with the 10 second thingy for a while probably. Maybe if they do get it back it'll come back for the second half or something...

What would be kind of cool if they did it like Battlestar Galactica. They show the credits, and then they have scenes from the episode. I know it would cost alot having to edit an intro for each episode, but it would be cool.

With Battlestar Galactica I just love that because it gives you kind of a preview for the episode and it just makes you want to watch it more.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                        How many times has "Queen" Bonnie ever listened to the fans, that make up her base? I can think of only one occasion, when the fans, so angry that Farscape was cancelled, with that horrible "ending", they produced the mini-series Farscape:The Peackeeper Wars. As I recall, it was quite a hit, with excellent ratings.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well I, for one, plan to sing the theme song as raccously as ever during the commercials. It would not be SG without some really bad sing-along.

So does that mean we'll never know the words to the Atlantis theme?

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                            Well I, for one, plan to sing the theme song as raccously as ever during the commercials. It would not be SG without some really bad sing-along.

So does that mean we'll never know the words to the Atlantis theme?
                            If Atlantis was on Movie Central there wouldn't be time for singing the theme because they don't have a commercials

... But it isn't on Movie Central

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                              <snippage>So does that mean we'll never know the words to the Atlantis theme?
                              Wait for the DVDs. With luck, there'll be commentary involving a singing director.

Comment

Working...
                              X