No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Y'all! I'm coming too! Thanx to Mal for putting me on the list.

*Waves*

It's my first ever Con though, so please be gentle.

Hey Dips, is drinking the black stuff a legal requirement? Only I get REALLY drunk REALLY quickly on the stuff, and you don't want to see me in that state, it isn't pretty!

I am, after all, a soft Southerner and a wimp, and therefore unable to hold my booze!

How about you bring the Banjo and I'll bring my geetar. Then we could do a quick "Deliverence" moment.

Looking forward to seeing you all.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee

*Waves*

Hey Dips, is drinking the black stuff a legal requirement? Only I get REALLY drunk REALLY quickly on the stuff, and you don't want to see me in that state, it isn't pretty!

I am, after all, a soft Southerner and a wimp, and therefore unable to hold my booze!

How about you bring the Banjo and I'll bring my geetar. Then we could do a quick "Deliverence" moment.

Wahey!!!

I'll bring my bass (Coley can carry the amp), and we'll have a right old Guinness-fuelled jam!!! <vbg> 'cos smilies ain't working!!!

Suppose I'd better learn to play the damn thing with more than just enthusiasm... <rolleyes> ditto!!!

Comment

Hey! I think we've got ourselves a band..

.... me...........and FHB...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee

*Waves*

of course you are on the list. (((((hugs))))

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
            of course you are on the list. (((((hugs))))
            98 DAYS TO GO!!!!

Comment

LOL ! *Puts on sunglasses* Glowy Yellow !

*Sings* " We all live in a Yellow Submarine..."

Between CG (piano),1speed4Sam : (Bass),with Coley as Roadie ,SB : (Guitar),and Bev on ye olde Banjo,we seem to have a real ensemble forming for Gabit !

The less said about the Diva smilie the better.....but of course the show's not over, till after the Fat Lady sings.

*Scuttles off to practice*
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 July 2005, 03:16 AM. Reason: typos as usual...
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                LOL ! *Puts on sunglasses* Glowy Yellow !

*Sings* " We all live in a Yellow Submarine..."

Between CG (piano),1speed4Sam : (Bass),with Coley as Roadie ,SB : (Guitar),and Bev on ye olde Banjo,we seem to have a real ensemble forming for Gabit !

The less said about the Diva smilie the better.....of course the show's not over till after the Fat Lady sings.
                Are you supposed to be singing?
                sigpic

Comment

Mais oui,madame !
                  Exercising the vocal cords is supposed to be thereapeutic.(For me,if nobody else !)
                  A good caterwaul clears the custard,keeps the cheer going, and helps to pass the time counting down towards the event .

Oi...who threw that boot at me ??

Comment

97 DAYS TO GO!!

Comment

96 Days to go!!!!

Comment

Mais oui,madame !
                        Exercising the vocal cords is supposed to be thereapeutic.(For me,if nobody else !)
                        A good caterwaul clears the custard,keeps the cheer going, and helps to pass the time counting down towards the event .

Oi...who threw that boot at me ??
                        Oops! It slipped.
                        sigpic

Comment

Of course it did,m'dear !

So..96 days to go according to the lovely lime-flavoured countdown supplied by MAL.
                          Perhaps this might be a good time to update the Roll-Call ?

Scurries off to find the list...
                          Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                          Ok roll call time:

Mal
                          FHBAGPUSS
                          Seabee
                          Chopingal
                          dipsoforjazz
                          1speed4sam & Coley
                          Rowan (maybe)
                          Also....
                          ForeverSg1 (Maybe ?)

Come all ye Sam/Amanda fans.....
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 July 2005, 11:54 AM. Reason: Adding in the roll call.

Comment

Of course it did,m'dear !

So..96 days to go according to the lovely lime-flavoured countdown supplied by MAL.
                            Perhaps this might be a good time to update the Roll-Call ?

Scurries off to find the list...

Also....
                            ForeverSg1 (Maybe ?)

Come all ye Sam/Amanda fans.....
                            Hmmm...a small but perfectly formed group methinks!
                            sigpic

Comment

How very elegantly phrased. If all 400 tickets sell out,I should think we'll make enough noise to deafen Amanda when she first appears onstage.

Hope she remembers a pack of earplugs,as there'll be a lot of love there for her !

ETA : It suddenly occurred to me that there might already have been an announcement thread,for booking Gabit tickets.(I'd first heard about the new dates via MAL .)

Found it :
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...19#post4382719
                              If anyone lurking wants ticket info etc,have a read of Becky Preen's post for details.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 July 2005, 01:02 AM. Reason: correcting an absolutely critical typo..Oops !

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                Hmmmm...does a crate of Guinness count as an identifying object?
                                LOL! I can just see it now...everybody standing around with badges (or a rolled up newspaper under their arm!) talking to each other...and me with a great big honkin' banjo on my back all on my own. Everyone will be too afraid to speak to me!
                                Are you crazy?! Guinness *and* a banjo on your back?! You'll be mobbed!! "Life of the party"!

Unfortunately, I don't think my piano will clear customs...

Comment

Working...
                                X