No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope we hear some news soon because 2020 is just around the corner. Not interested in Gatecon.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
      Hope we hear some news soon because 2020 is just around the corner. Not interested in Gatecon.
      Just to let you know - Julia did post something on her birthday this month on Facebook. It should make you feel happy!

Julia Hague posted the following on Facebook on the 10th of March:

"Dear hearts, it is usual on a birthday to buy everyone cakes but I think this is better.

We haven’t forgotten our promise of an event for Spring 2020. Lots of ducks are well and truly lined up, just a couple to scoop up and get in line. Keep watching. News soon we promise!! "

Now that should make you HAPPY! It does for me!
      Last edited by llp; 22 March 2019, 04:24 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! I better follow Julia on FB

and Twitter
        Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 23 March 2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Woohoo! I better follow Julia on FB

and Twitter
          She definitely is on FB but not sure she is on Twitter. If you follow her on FB also follow or join the Gabit Event Official Facebook Group. That is where she first posted it until it was moved over to the regular FB page for her.
          sigpic

Comment

Amanda tweeted Inspirations 2020 in April 2020, so the convention is on!

Comment

Amanda tweeted Inspirations 2020 in April 2020, so the convention is on!
              Yes indeed! April 3rd thru April 5th.

£255 to attend and £115 for the dinner on the 3rd (not required).

Tickets go on sale Sunday June 30th.

It is on the site = http://gabitevents.co.uk/
              sigpic

Comment

You can also follow Gabit on Twitter.

Comment

I'll have to wait to buy a ticket after the original ticket offering date. Attending a convention in July where I'm volunteering and guests include actors from Star Trek, Stargate, and Dark Matter.

Comment

I'll have to wait to buy a ticket after the original ticket offering date. Attending a convention in July where I'm volunteering and guests include actors from Star Trek, Stargate, and Dark Matter.
                    Do you have any friends going? They can get the ticket for you, just make sure they have your full name and email address. You don't have to pay the moment you get the ticket. They have always sent an email to you a few days later to notify you and then you send the money. Usually gives you about 2 weeks to pay.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      Do you have any friends going? They can get the ticket for you, just make sure they have your full name and email address. You don't have to pay the moment you get the ticket. They have always sent an email to you a few days later to notify you and then you send the money. Usually gives you about 2 weeks to pay.
                      I don't know anyone. Won't ask since it's like asking for someone to co-sign. Still have to buy transportation to Maryland. Hold up is SS still not giving me my full retirement which is $2400/month. Then the travel across the pond. I'm not giving up.

Comment

I don't know anyone. Won't ask since it's like asking for someone to co-sign. Still have to buy transportation to Maryland. Hold up is SS still not giving me my full retirement which is $2400/month. Then the travel across the pond. I'm not giving up.
                        Actually, no one is "co-signing" since you would have to give your email address. And you would be the only one to see that bill. Plus, if you don't pay - you lose your chance at the ticket. About the only thing that would happen is you would be seated next to that person. I am still not quite sure I can afford to go, but I am still hoping. One thing for sure, I think they will most likely sell out. Although I was able to get a last minute ticket last time only because someone couldn't go and GABIT offered me the ticket. If you decide, you need to get on FB and join that GABIT group. They have all the info. Sorry to hear you are having SS problems. I started collecting a ways back but at least I'm getting my full benefits.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm on FB, Twitter, and Gabit forum to see announcements. Too expensive to fly from PHX to LHR so thinking about flying out of JFK if plans allow me to attend.

Comment

I'm on FB, Twitter, and Gabit forum to see announcements. Too expensive to fly from PHX to LHR so thinking about flying out of JFK if plans allow me to attend.
                            Totally understand that. Flying from Seattle is just as bad. I'm hoping I have enough flight miles to get a seat. Then the flight would only cost the tax portion (about $200). Really makes a difference.
                            sigpic

Comment

Although no one seems to come on this page anymore thought I would let you know that AT11 tickets are now on sale.
                              sigpic

Comment

Surprised it hasn't been shared here, so pasting from the GABIT events website:

INSPIRATIONS 2020

NOW POSTPONED until April 9th to 11th 2021

A new generation of events with Amanda Tapping as promised to her fans at the last of her AT events last year. The next event will now take place next year due to the current global Corona Virus crisis.

Comment

Working...
                                X