GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    I think there may be more coming when the GABITs reconvene in UK. Currently, one is in Scotland and Lake District on holiday and two are flying back from Vancouver Gate con, maybe even John, the GABIT photograher has gone too.

Methinks they will be adding more to their website before the actual event.
    Sue_the_lurker is a good friend of mine. She's going to be charge of the stweards. Shes stwearded at all of the conventions i've attened.... In fact she hardly ever sees panels! She just hangs around the photo hall or whever shes working.

Shes a great person and I cant wait to see her again. I emailed her last week but i've yet to get a reply. Nothing unusual in that. Shes a very busy person!

i've been wandering about the plans for this con as well. Whats going to be happening when the Q&A sessions, photos, auto's, auctions etc are not taking place??? I think it will be ok though

(((((((hugs))))))) Cant wait to see you all!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Yes, the Jester will be glad to report on the Friday cocktail party if she can use Royal Security Guard's laptop!

Translation for non-Samandans: ChopinGal will use 1speed's laptop to report on the event! Love the idea of a "Mission Control" center ... sounds like your room may be it!
      You will of course have to get the Royal Accountant's permission too...

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        Yes!!! Hopefully on that looooong plane ride home, too.
        Did you take your evil pill today. My last report was so boring and it took me two weeks to write. We are not trying to put people in a coma here!
        sigpic

Comment

An e-mail came to me through Gabit events yesterday where MajorSamfan asked about events at Gabit activities and they are still planning to raffle off a tea for four people on Sunday and a second raffle to for donated stuff. Both raffles will be separate and you will know which one you are entering for. You may purchase as many tickets as you like for each raffle.

Amanda will also be helping auction off some really cool stuff they have had donated.

Thanks Jill for asking these questions.

They are not sure about mics for the question and answer sessions; they may be roving or stationary at each side of the stage.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
            You will of course have to get the Royal Accountant's permission too...
            I thought of that ... *after* I had posted! It's okay ... we all know how shy and retiring she is ... we can always move your laptop into my room!

Between me and my daughter (who's an official blogger), something should get written!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Yes..88 days left and a new Roll Call.
              Welcome to MajorSamFan !

Mal
              F.H.Bagpuss
              Seabee
              ChopinGal
              dipsofjazz
              1speed4Sam
              Coley
              ForeverSg1
              Kliggins
              Sue_the_Lurker
              Polosmoothie
              MajorSamFan
              GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
              Rowan(maybe)
              Thank you for the welcome.

I will be attending with my friends Deanie & Jo (Atomicpagan if you lj). I know of at least three others coming from the USA - Cindy, Micki and Laura. We were all part of a large contingent who met Amanda last August in Chicago, Illinois at the Creation Con. (That's when she "kel-no-reemed" [meditated] with me.)

We are soooooooo looking forward to seeing her again. (Well, close up...I saw her at Comic-Con a couple of weeks ago, but just on stage, not close up in person.)

Must go finish packing for New Jersey Creation con now...I fly tomorrow night and all I have in my suitcase - well you don't want to know, and you have different words for them depending on where you live!
              Jill/MajorSamFan
              Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I'm not sure why I find this so amusing, but I start to chuckle everytime I think of Amanda doing this.

So I'm just curious, does anyone have any clue what exactly will be going on during Gabit? I've only been to one con and I didn't get to go for the entire weekend (only 1 day). I know it says it's a weekend with Amanda but is she actually going to be there hanging with the fans all three days? From what I have read most cons only have an actor for an hour or so.

Does anyone know of a schedule of events where I can check things out?
                I've heard about a party on friday night( but that's full already) and something about a raffle... anyone else have any other information?

Kat
                You are so right. Usually at a Creation con (my experience) you get an actor on stage for an hour (or slightly less) sometimes in tandem with another actor. The only other exposure is for "gold patrons" (who pay $350 for the weekend), where they get about 3 minutes of each actor coming to their table at one of two special events - a dessert or cocktail party and a Sunday brunch. Then there's the 3 seconds you sit next to them at the photo op (if you buy that extra) and maybe 15-30 seconds when they sign an autograph.

At Comic-Con, each show had a panel that was only about 45 minutes long, and it had 3-8 people on the panel, sometimes moderated by someone who took up most of the time asking questions before it was opened up to the audience.

Becky Preen also said in answer to my question post that Amanda would be doing four Q&A sessions over the weekend. Which is WAAAAAY cool. Lots of folks will be able to ask questions. I don't know what the European cons have been like, but Creation cons, we usually only get through about a dozen questions per panel, with a couple of minutes' response on the actors' parts.

Okay, really going back to packing now.
                Jill/MajorSamFan
                Welcome to MY life!

Comment

87 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the info posted,ChopinGal,Kliggins,MAL and MajorSamFan...and double props to ChopinGal for volunteering to be our "Gabiteer Reporter" at the Cocktail Party !

I can hardly wait to meet you all,but alas there are 87 days to go.

Thanks for the countdown,MAL !

((((((((((((((((((((((((ALL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks for all the info posted,ChopinGal,Kliggins,MAL and MajorSamFan...and double props to ChopinGal for volunteering to be our "Gabiteer Reporter" at the Cocktail Party !

I can hardly wait to meet you all,but alas there are 87 days to go.

Thanks for the countdown,MAL !

((((((((((((((((((((((((ALL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                      Is this how Lois Lane began her career?!

Comment

In AU,perhaps she did...

In this Universe,though ,we're all counting on you for the scoop !

(Oh,drat....I'm now imagining AU Lois meeting AU Amanda and asking : "So,Amanda....what's Carter's Kryptonite ?")

*Head/desk*
                        Blame it on my temp of 104 F...
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 August 2005, 10:41 AM. Reason: Eek...meant to put Carter.Sorry !

Comment

In AU,perhaps she did...

In this Universe,though ,we're all counting on you for the scoop !

(Oh,drat....I'm now imagining AU Lois meeting AU Amanda and asking : "So,Amanda....what's Carter's Kryptonite ?")

*Head/desk*
                          Blame it on my temp of 104 F...
                          104. Baggie, off the computer and into bed. Feel better soon.
                          sigpic

Comment

(((((((((((Kliggins)))))))))) Thanks. I'll be ok in a day or so.I'm not sure what's wrong,but my temp's now just under 100 F, so that's a good sign !

Anyway..I know it's still early,and we don't know the full Gabit schedule yet,but would any of you be interested in meeting up for drinks or a meal on the Con Saturday evening ?
                            If so,would you prefer to meet at the hotel,or somewhere different ?

Comment

I'm glad you're feeling a wee bit better Baggie. I'd love to meet up with everyone, and I don't mind whether it's in the hotel or elsewhere. See...I'm very easy to please!
                              sigpic

Comment

Good-oh ! I'm "easy" over the food/location too.At this stage,I'm just after ideas,and interest...the finer details can be worked out later.

Comment

Working...
                                X