No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also been added to the waitlist. Yea, I don't think I'll get picked but I may travel there to hang out with the folks. My other issues may be solved before then.

Comment

I may be going to AT10 after all. My name was drawn from the waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
        I may be going to AT10 after all. My name was drawn from the waiting list.
        You just got asked yesterday? Sadly, someone obviously couldn't or didn't pay for their ticket. Wonder how far down the list your were?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          You just got asked yesterday? Sadly, someone obviously couldn't or didn't pay for their ticket. Wonder how far down the list your were?
          I have no clue how far down on the waiting list I was. I figured someone couldn't pay by the two week deadline. I was surprised to see the email with all the instructions. I'll be able to pay by the deadline given.

Comment

I have no clue how far down on the waiting list I was. I figured someone couldn't pay by the two week deadline. I was surprised to see the email with all the instructions. I'll be able to pay by the deadline given.
            Congratulations.
            sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to seeing everyone at AT10 in April! Feels like the mad rush for tickets JUST happened. I can't believe the year is just flying by...
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

How many days until AT10?

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...&font=sanserif
                Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 26 November 2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Hope everyone had a great time at AT10. Sorry I couldn't be there.

Comment

Yay, SQUEEE, ATX was awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

I received my Gabit Events goodie bag today. Love the laptop bag and other items. Thank you Julia, Kay, and Gabit team members.

Comment

I received my Gabit Events goodie bag today. Love the laptop bag and other items. Thank you Julia, Kay, and Gabit team members.
                        Sorry you couldn't come. It was a blast as always. They did say they are not going to end the events just change them. There will a new and improved AT event in 2 years. Oh they are shutting down the Sanctuary for Kids Foundation as well apparently December 31st. I think they are coming up with something new there as well. I know they pay for every expense out of their own pockets (Amanda, Damian and Jill) and it might have gotten too expensive. If that is the case then maybe they are just "reorganizing" it so some of the expenses can be carried by the charity. This is however, just a total guess. I have no inside info and no hints were given. Whatever they end up doing you know it will be good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Sorry you couldn't come. It was a blast as always. They did say they are not going to end the events just change them. There will a new and improved AT event in 2 years. Oh they are shutting down the Sanctuary for Kids Foundation as well apparently December 31st. I think they are coming up with something new there as well. I know they pay for every expense out of their own pockets (Amanda, Damian and Jill) and it might have gotten too expensive. If that is the case then maybe they are just "reorganizing" it so some of the expenses can be carried by the charity. This is however, just a total guess. I have no inside info and no hints were given. Whatever they end up doing you know it will be good.
                          Laurie, thanks for the update. When Amanda appeared at Phoenix Comicon in 2013, she was asked a question during her panel. The young person asked "what do you want to be remember for? Amanda replied "Sanctuary for Kids".

I hope to be able to attend the revamped AT event in 2020.

Comment

Laurie, thanks for the update. When Amanda appeared at Phoenix Comicon in 2013, she was asked a question during her panel. The young person asked "what do you want to be remember for? Amanda replied "Sanctuary for Kids".

I hope to be able to attend the revamped AT event in 2020.
                            Well here's hoping we both can make it. I'll be 73 by then and travel is getting harder each year now!
                            sigpic

Comment

Any news about the revamped Gabit Events for 2020 and beyond?

Comment

Any news about the revamped Gabit Events for 2020 and beyond?
                                Not a word. But they said not to expect anything for some time. They first need R&R then .... I not expecting to hear anything until next year. They said it wouldn't be happening for about 2 years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X