• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Raises hand*

Erm...

Excuse me.....

Sorry to ask this, folks....

How many people of the male persuasion are going to be at the con?

Or am I going to have to wear my little black number and heels to try and blend in?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
      *Raises hand*

Erm...

Excuse me.....

Or am I going to have to wear my little black number and heels to try and blend in?
      I do believe that 1speed4sam is a chap, but feel free to wear whatever takes your fancy!
      sigpic

Comment

*Raises hand*

Erm...

Excuse me.....

Mmmmmm. Can't wait to see that. *note: buy more film and batteries*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

*Dances *
          Hooray Kligs ! I'm delighted you're able to attend.

(((((((((Kliggins))))))) Yep.You know us...and I'm SO looking forward to meeting you at Gabit.
          Thanks Baggie; am very excited to meet everybody.
          sigpic

Comment

*Raises hand*

Erm...

Excuse me.....

SeaBee, yes 1speed is coming from Blackpool and I believe a few fans are bringing their husbands along. And Kamil, the webmaster of Amanda Tapping's official website (www.amandatapping.com), will also be there. He's a nice Polish lad.

And, maybe you can hang out with Alan, Amanda's hubby!

PS I'd leave the dress and heels at home!

Comment

*Raises hand*

Erm...

Excuse me.....

Baby Gipsy is a maybe Seabee. Better stat practicing your gurgling, coeing and other baby sounds

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkOrange]94 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

*Raises hand*

Erm...

Excuse me.....

Baby Gipsy is a maybe Seabee. Better stat practicing your gurgling, coeing and other baby sounds

94 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                  That's encouraging!

Now, what question would you like to ask AT if you get the chance at GABIT?!
                  i tend to listen to guests talking then decide at the last minute. I've met AT twice already. This will be my third time.

Comment

Love it! How did I miss this one?! Clearing the custard is like playing the pipes and you certainly sound up to both tasks!
                    ROTFL ! Ok,I know I'm a gasbag,but to be honest,I'm hopeless with any form of wind instrument.Especially the Bagpipes. The one time I attempted (under supervision) to get some sounds from my Uncle's set,I ended up with a sore throat and a severe nosebleed ! Too complicated for me....best not to let me loose on any instrument actually.I could take a triangle or tambourine with me to the Con though .
                    Now, we have to get Coley over here ... hmm, Coley as "Roadie" ... LOL
                    Oh,dear.I assume Coley is more petite than the average Roadie, then ?
                    And thanks for the explanation of Bagpuss ... are you sure you're not a Pisces and born a few days earlier than you proclaim?! Just seems that way to me ... as a Piscean. Yes, I come from a family of Polish-American musicians.
                    March 24 is correct,but I had my proper chart done by two different legit Astrologers some years ago,out of sheer curiosity. The results came back as "Predominantly Virgoan personality" from one analysis,and "Predominantly Libran responses" for the other.I had quite a few planets in Pisces,Leo and Cancer though .Not sure how much that explains my attitudes.....
                    *Sigh*
                    I'm not much of an Aries apparently....boy, do I feel Sheepish !

I'm glad I got the musical connection right-ish, re your user name. I love listening to all kinds of music,but Classical and so-called "New Age" (eg Enya ) are my favourites.

Indeed, wonder what AT will be doing beyond Stargate and new motherhood. A good and fair question.
                    Thank you,CG.
                    Of course,I may not get a chance to ask that question,or if her answers to other fans cover those bases,I'll just have to compose a different one,lol !
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                      [FONT=Courier New]

No doubt SB and most of the other males will be making those sounds over Amanda anyway !
                      (Of course,Gipsy may not wish the poor little lad to associate with "Wannabee" Crossdressers ....Just kidding,SB ! )
                      i tend to listen to guests talking then decide at the last minute. I've met AT twice already. This will be my third time.
                      I've decided to make a little list of questions,then cross them off if they're covered and go to the next reserve question.

Regarding you having already met Amanda twice previously,you knew I'd have to do it,didn't you....
                      *Sings*
                      "I should be so lucky,lucky,lucky lucky....!"

Comment

A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

*Walks off muttering "not fair...... I never get to wear a posh frock."*
                        sigpic

Comment

A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

Very funny. but children remember its a pg forum

Comment

So, you'll be singing soprano in the band?
                            sigpic

Comment

Very funny. but children remember its a pg forum
                              Yes,MAL.Understood. No profanity has been typed,nor is there any hostility here,but we still need to be rather careful with the wording of our posts.

So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?

Advice please ,anyone ?

ETA :
                              Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                              So, you'll be singing soprano in the band?
                              Hey ! That's my job !
                              (If my singing "ability" doesn't bring on my ejection from the Hotel...)
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 27 July 2005, 02:51 AM. Reason: arrghh! Lost the reply to Bev first go.

Comment

Dear SeaBee, methinks the good wife wants to keep you in a safe location, such as you list above: the neutral zone!

What's this about a baby coming to the con? We were scheduled to bring our baby Hannah last September ... GABIT got cancelled and my daughter and I and the baby, three generations of AT fans, had non-refundable plane tickets to UK for that week! We ended up staying in a cottage in Tonbridge and visiting with friends and seeing the sights. Scary thing is we had baby at the Liverpool and Shepherd's Bush stations through that week and I shudder to think of what's happening over there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X