GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Is it off-topic if I tell you guys that I'm turning a certain shade of green...
    Spaz, baby ... you know we'll share what happens with you! Are you sure you can't come?!

CG/Jester
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 20 July 2005, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Why, thank you, kind mod!

Okay, I'll be brave and make an appearance here. I come from the land of Samanda, aka "Sam's a Great Character" thread and plan to be at the Renaissance for AT's special weekend.

Let's see who may be going ... hello out there? Any other Sam fans in the vicinity?

Questions:

Will this be your first con?
      Why did you choose GABIT?
      Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?
      Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?
      And what about Naomi?!
      (Those who know me are familiar with the last question. If you really can tell me how Naomi's doing these days, then I'll definitely want to meet you at GABIT!)

Cheers! CG
      This is me, answering me as you all have already answered the questions I first posed! I hope I don't suffer entropic cascade failure or whatever it was in AU!!

What a great group of AT fans we have onboard for London! Looking forward to meeting many of you.

Dutifully answers GABIT questions:

Okay, this will be my first (and probably only) con. (Money, time, and location are prime factors.)
      GABIT ... because I think AT is Canada's hidden treasure. She is a terrific actress who has had very little exposure outside the Stargate series and she has made Sam Carter into a great character!
      I'm coming from the east coast of the United States!
      I will be sharing time and stories with my fellow Samandans and other members of the Royal Court (see SaGC, Sam's a Great Character thread here at GW)!
      Now, about Naomi ... it's actually a running gag-line from a couple forums ... years ago, there was an American television show which kept using the line "and what about Naomi?" ... the elusive non-character! However, if the real Naomi is reading this, please post and identify yourself!

SL Mal, thanks for telling us about the seating arrangements. Everyone, please continue to post anything that can be helpful to our fellow con goers!

Peace, CG/Jester from the realm of Samanda where hic comitas regit! Come visit us and you'll see for yourselves!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Why, thank you, kind mod!

Okay, I'll be brave and make an appearance here. I come from the land of Samanda, aka "Sam's a Great Character" thread and plan to be at the Renaissance for AT's special weekend.

Let's see who may be going ... hello out there? Any other Sam fans in the vicinity?

Questions:

Will this be your first con?
        Why did you choose GABIT?
        Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?
        Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?
        And what about Naomi?!
        (Those who know me are familiar with the last question. If you really can tell me how Naomi's doing these days, then I'll definitely want to meet you at GABIT!)

Cheers! CG
        Hey CG, 1speed has already posted for us both, but I thought I would put in my 2 pennith worth!

Yes
        I didn't dare tell you I wasn't going (seriously I think AT is the best thing since the big bang [and no I'm not talking about my personal life])
        Depends how bad the trains are as to how far it feels!
        Err 1speed like minded???!!! It will be a pleasure to meet all fellow AT fans and Samandans in particular!

Comment

I was so excited at the fact that I was going to GABIT that I didn't answer the questions, so..

Will this be your first con? Yes.
          Why did you choose GABIT? Sam is my favourite character in the show, and I think Amanda is an incredible actress. She also comes across as being a wonderful person in RL.
          Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? I'm flying down from Edinburgh.
          Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? No, but I already know Baggie, and I feel as if I know many of you from the "SaGC" thread.

I was on the phone to my Mum earlier, and she was telling me she had been visiting her friend today. Mum told her I was going to GABIT, and her friend said she was so jealous, as she loves Stargate. I've known this woman all my life, and yet I never knew that she watched SG! I can just imagine these two women in their late 70's, sitting discussing SG. Mum is used to me going on and on about it, but I'm sure she never expected her friend to do the same!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey,Bev,can I borrow those fine ladies to convince my Mum-In-Law that Stargate's not just, I quote : "A crowd of strange folk in skirts (!) jumping around shooting each other with lava sticks ? "

*Forlorn Sigh*

At least she does know who Amanda is .

Also,as dear M-I-L is my chief Gatelet-sitter for the duration of Gabit...I'll forgive her anything.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              I was so excited at the fact that I was going to GABIT that I didn't answer the questions, so..

Will this be your first con? Yes.
              Why did you choose GABIT? Sam is my favourite character in the show, and I think Amanda is an incredible actress. She also comes across as being a wonderful person in RL.
              Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? I'm flying down from Edinburgh.
              Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? No, but I already know Baggie, and I feel as if I know many of you from the "SaGC" thread.

I was on the phone to my Mum earlier, and she was telling me she had been visiting her friend today. Mum told her I was going to GABIT, and her friend said she was so jealous, as she loves Stargate. I've known this woman all my life, and yet I never knew that she watched SG! I can just imagine these two women in their late 70's, sitting discussing SG. Mum is used to me going on and on about it, but I'm sure she never expected her friend to do the same!
              Of course, you are one of our Royal Lurkers, Bev! Bringing the banjo?!

LOL about your mum and her ladyfriend ... bring them along too!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

Hey CG, 1speed has already posted for us both, but I thought I would put in my 2 pennith worth!

Yes
                I didn't dare tell you I wasn't going (seriously I think AT is the best thing since the big bang [and no I'm not talking about my personal life])
                Depends how bad the trains are as to how far it feels!
                Err 1speed like minded???!!! It will be a pleasure to meet all fellow AT fans and Samandans in particular!
                ROTFLOL My dear Coley, with you at the convention, it shall not be dull!

Moi?! Intimidating?!!

To think I'm making my 1200th Post off-world tonight! Sorry, Samanda ... but Coley's naughty line deserved a response!

Comment

Ok roll call time:

Mal
                  FHBAGPUSS
                  Seabee
                  Chopingal
                  dipsoforjazz
                  1speed4sam & Coley
                  Rowan (maybe)

There are other maybes out there. ::fingers crossed they will make it!!::

Also a few of the GW convention gang who are going!! Maybe they'll find this thread.

If anyone has time can they work out how many day untill the con. That way we can have a daily count down.

Comment

GW Convention gang ? Ok,I'm officially dense,as I don't know who you mean...looking forward to meeting everyone on/off the list anyway !

Do you want me to consult ye olde almanac,and do a colourful countdown to kick off ?

(This may take some time,as I haven't had enough coffee yet,lol ! )

Seconding ChopinGal : Bev,bring the banjo !

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      GW Convention gang ? Ok,I'm officially dense,as I don't know who you mean...looking forward to meeting everyone on/off the list anyway !

Do you want me to consult ye olde almanac,and do a colourful countdown to kick off ?

(This may take some time,as I haven't had enough coffee yet,lol ! )

Seconding ChopinGal : Bev,bring the banjo !
                      Interloper here. Maybe Gatecon convention from last year?

Please do a countdown. I like to watch.

Yes Bev, you have to bring the banjo.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey Kligs ! D'oh ! could well be GateCon Gw'ers.Told you I'm officially dense....*Head/desk*

One colourful countdown coming right up :

Counting today and Friday 28 th October (Con starts in the pm ?)
                        100 days till Gabit !

(Less a few hours,but that's a minor detail right ? )

Comment

Hey Kligs !

One colourful countdown coming right up :

Counting today and Friday 28 th October (Con starts in the pm ?)
                          100 days till Gabit !

(Less a few hours,but that's a minor detail right ? )
                          Hi Baggie:

Very colorful and so nice of you to take my blindness into account. Thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thankees ! I doublechecked the "days to go"...the hours/minutes can wait a while.(Less chance of me screwing the countdown up that way... )

ETA :
                            Er it IS a bit big,actually ! Oh,well.I suppose something a little more subtle in blue (jello) shades might be better next time.....

Comment

Thankees ! I doublechecked the "days to go"...the hours/minutes can wait a while.(Less chance of me screwing the countdown up that way... )

ETA :
                              Er it IS a bit big,actually ! Oh,well.I suppose something a little more subtle in blue (jello) shades might be better next time.....
                              It is not too big at all ... ahem, those of us of a certain age (aka as the Royal Hens of Samanda) appreciate the larger script!!

Yes, Bev bring the banjo and we'll hunt up a piano somewhere and I'll join you!

And "MAL", you are not related to the new character, Vala MAL Doran, are you?!

Comment

Baggie I love the countdown. The large script makes it look very important!
                                As to me bringing the banjo....I thought you all wanted to enjoy yourselves!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X