GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    (((((((((((Kliggins)))))))))) Thanks. I'll be ok in a day or so.I'm not sure what's wrong,but my temp's now just under 100 F, so that's a good sign !

Anyway..I know it's still early,and we don't know the full Gabit schedule yet,but would any of you be interested in meeting up for drinks or a meal on the Con Saturday evening ?
    If so,would you prefer to meet at the hotel,or somewhere different ?
    Woohoo Baggie; glad to see that temp is going down. I am up for anything so I am even easier to please than Bev. In hotel, out of hotel, drinks, real food, snacks, Mars bars . Count me in!

Should we start a list: GW Get togeter at Gabit
    F.H. Bagpuss
    Dipsofjazz
    Kliggins
    Last edited by Kliggins; 03 August 2005, 05:45 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      Woohoo Baggie; glad to see that temp is going down. I am up for anything so I am even easier to please than Bev. In hotel, out of hotel, drinks, real food, snacks, Mars bars . Count me in!

Should we start a list: GW Get togeter at Gabit
      F.H. Bagpuss
      Dipsofjazz
      Kliggins
      Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to have dinner with you all, but I need to discuss it with my husband first. Though I'm sure he won't mind since he already plans on spending the first three days we are in London checking out the sites by himself.

Too bad we couldn't talk Amanda to join us all for dinner and we could send all the hubbies off together to the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to have dinner with you all, but I need to discuss it with my husband first. Though I'm sure he won't mind since he already plans on spending the first three days we are in London checking out the sites by himself.

Too bad we couldn't talk Amanda to join us all for dinner and we could send all the hubbies off together to the pub.
        What a great idea!

Temporary GW Get Together at Gabit List until FHB comes in to take over tomorrow:
        F.H.Bagpuss
        Dipsofjazz
        Kliggins
        ForeverSG1 (with hubs approval)
        sigpic

Comment

Temporary GW Get Together at Gabit List until FHB comes in to take over tomorrow:
          F.H.Bagpuss
          Dipsofjazz
          Kliggins
          ForeverSG1 (with hubs approval)
          mal (maybe)

GateGipsy is home from Canada. I've asked her IF she will be attending the con. Shes busy, so I dont know when she'll get to read the PM.

Great idea for the get together guys. Sounds great. I've put a maybe next to my name because I dont know if i'll be busy.

86 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Kliggins,for starting off the list for the Saturday evening GW Gabiteer Get-Together .
            Hope you can make it,Kat and Mal.If you can't,though,I'm sure we'll all get a chance to chat,at least, during the w/e.Same goes for anyone else who can't make it to the dinner.

No pressure !

*Sigh* I wish !
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 August 2005, 01:36 AM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

85 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                85 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                and only
                14 Days till
                AT/Sam returns
                to STARGATE

I love countdowns.
                (claps hands happily)

A bit off-topic here. My husband and I are thinking about making this a mini vacation for ourselves seeing it will be the first time we've gone on holiday without kids in nearly five years. We were really thinking about exploring Ireland and Scotland as well as areas outside of London. Does anyone by chance have any site suggestions we could look into for places to visit while we are there? Or even just suggestions in particular that I could go research about. Neither of us are real big on touristy sights in particular. My husband loves historical places and I just like to people watch, chat a bit with new people and look at the pretty scenery.

Comment

and only
                  14 Days till
                  AT/Sam returns
                  to STARGATE

I love countdowns.
                  (claps hands happily)

A bit off-topic here. My husband and I are thinking about making this a mini vacation for ourselves seeing it will be the first time we've gone on holiday without kids in nearly five years. We were really thinking about exploring Ireland and Scotland as well as areas outside of London. Does anyone by chance have any site suggestions we could look into for places to visit while we are there? Or even just suggestions in particular that I could go research about. Neither of us are real big on touristy sights in particular. My husband loves historical places and I just like to people watch, chat a bit with new people and look at the pretty scenery.
                  I love countdowns too. It makes it all so exciting!

If you're thinking of coming to Scotland, then you must come to Edinburgh. It's got everything you are both looking for.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah,Edinburgh...home of Scottish history,culture ,and so much more...

For info on Scottish touristy things :
                    http://www.information-desk.com/
                    Or here :
                    http://www.travelscotland.co.uk/

For Irish tourist info ,accomm,car hire etc :

http://www.12travel.co.uk/?affid=goo...OVMTC=standard

Also:
                    http://www.ireland.ie/

Hope these help.
                    That mini-break for just yourself and Hubby sounds fab,imo.
                    Regarding "topic-ness",if you weren't coming to Gabit,you wouldn't even be planning the trip,would you ?

Oops ,I forgot the London area sights !
                    http://www.ukguide.org/london.html

*Scuttles away again to read some more S9 spoilers*
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 August 2005, 02:58 PM.

Comment

In AU,perhaps she did...

In this Universe,though ,we're all counting on you for the scoop !

(Oh,drat....I'm now imagining AU Lois meeting AU Amanda and asking : "So,Amanda....what's Carter's Kryptonite ?")

*Head/desk*
                      Blame it on my temp of 104 F...
                      LOL ... yes, your fever is making you delirious! Aha! I wonder if I can wear a GW Press badge of some kind ... and maybe get an exclusive interview with AT herself! I would definitely pose the "Kryptonite" question, indeed! (I must have caught your fever and am now talking out of my head!)

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

[A bit off-topic here. My husband and I are thinking about making this a mini vacation for ourselves seeing it will be the first time we've gone on holiday without kids in nearly five years. We were really thinking about exploring Ireland and Scotland as well as areas outside of London. Does anyone by chance have any site suggestions we could look into for places to visit while we are there? Or even just suggestions in particular that I could go research about. Neither of us are real big on touristy sights in particular. My husband loves historical places and I just like to people watch, chat a bit with new people and look at the pretty scenery. [/center]
                        Ok you have Scotland and Ireland. But you should also try Wales! its closer to London than the other 2 countries North wales is brilliant. We have the castles, churches, wonderful country side. The most impresive catles are Norman.... but if you search you can find the native castles. They are smaller than the Norman castles, because they were mostly built as homes not for dominence over a people.

I'll look up some links if you want, when I get time. I'm off to bed soon.

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=7][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]84 DAYS TO GO!!!!!! & 13 DAYS BEFORE AT/SAM RETURNS TO STARGATE!!!!!!

Comment

[A bit off-topic here. My husband and I are thinking about making this a mini vacation for ourselves seeing it will be the first time we've gone on holiday without kids in nearly five years. We were really thinking about exploring Ireland and Scotland as well as areas outside of London. Does anyone by chance have any site suggestions we could look into for places to visit while we are there? Or even just suggestions in particular that I could go research about. Neither of us are real big on touristy sights in particular. My husband loves historical places and I just like to people watch, chat a bit with new people and look at the pretty scenery. [/center]
                          Ok you have Scotland and Ireland. But you should also try Wales! its closer to London than the other 2 countries North wales is brilliant. We have the castles, churches, wonderful country side. The most impresive catles are Norman.... but if you search you can find the native castles. They are smaller than the Norman castles, because they were mostly built as homes not for dominence over a people.

84 DAYS TO GO!!!!!! & 13 DAYS BEFORE AT/SAM RETURNS TO STARGATE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            LOL ... yes, your fever is making you delirious! Aha! I wonder if I can wear a GW Press badge of some kind ... and maybe get an exclusive interview with AT herself! I would definitely pose the "Kryptonite" question, indeed! (I must have caught your fever and am now talking out of my head!)

Hope you feel better soon!
                            GW Press badge...hmmm . That may not be such a fevered idea,y'know .
                            At this point,I have no idea if GW will be sending Mods/staff to report on the Con,but I'd think they may be open to the prospect of an AT interview for the site,if you can swing it !

As for the "Carter's Kryptonite" query,I'm wondering if that was a subliminally intelligent question,after all .It'd be very interesting to see what her answer would be....

((((((((((((CG))))))))))))) Thanks for the well wishes. I'm ok,now.Just hungry,as I've not eaten very much these past several days .

ETA :
                            Nice countdowns,ForeverSg1,Mal ....keeping the "Way of the Sam-urai " going in the best possible fashion !

*Sigh* We won't get to see the latest series of SG1/SGA till October in the UK,and we won't see Sam return till November...but all the waiting's going to be be worth it.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 06 August 2005, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)

... you should also try Wales! its closer to London than the other 2 countries North wales is brilliant. We have the castles, churches, wonderful country side. The most impressive castles are Norman.... but if you search you can find the native castles. They are smaller than the Norman castles, because they were mostly built as homes not for dominence over a people.

Hi MAL ... actually, Coley (who will be at GABIT) is no stranger to Wales and has invited me and my daughter to visit her van there next summer! My daughter had traveled to Wales while studying in London years ago and insists the ground is "magical and mystical" ... so please forward links to your good land whenever!

Now we have even more to talk about at GABIT!

Peace, CG

Comment

GW Press badge...hmmm . That may not be such a fevered idea,y'know .
                                At this point,I have no idea if GW will be sending Mods/staff to report on the Con,but I'd think they may be open to the prospect of an AT interview for the site,if you can swing it !

As for the "Carter's Kryptonite" query,I'm wondering if that was a subliminally intelligent question,after all .It'd be very interesting to see what her answer would be....

((((((((((((CG))))))))))))) Thanks for the well wishes. I'm ok,now.Just hungry,as I've not eaten very much these past several days .

ETA :
                                Nice countdowns,ForeverSg1,Mal ....keeping the "Way of the Sam-urai " going in the best possible fashion!

*Sigh* We won't get to see the latest series of SG1/SGA till October in the UK,and we won't see Sam return till November...but all the waiting's going to be be worth it.
                                That's a great line!

Wow, I knew that Sky desperately wanted to attend GABIT but cannot. So not sure just who from the GW mod board or if David R. or others are going!

Hey, CG (alias Lois Lane) here ... with pen and camera in gear!!

Comment

Working...
                                X