No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would express how insanely jealous I am..... but then my head would explode, and that would severley impede my thunking....

Kliggins, I can't believe you're going!!.... and not taking me

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Dear SeaBee, methinks the good wife wants to keep you in a safe location, such as you list above: the neutral zone!

What's this about a baby coming to the con? We were scheduled to bring our baby Hannah last September ... GABIT got cancelled and my daughter and I and the baby, three generations of AT fans, had non-refundable plane tickets to UK for that week! We ended up staying in a cottage in Tonbridge and visiting with friends and seeing the sights. Scary thing is we had baby at the Liverpool and Shepherd's Bush stations through that week and I shudder to think of what's happening over there now.
      GateGipsy (the forum manager) might be going to the convention. I'm still not 100% sure because shes still in Vancouver. I've got a feeling she'll be back next week. i know she had a ticket, because she bought it the first time the con was anounced.

Anyway if she does come she'll be bringing her little lad, who was born in April with her.

is your daughter coming this time around??

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
        Yes,MAL.Understood. No profanity has been typed,nor is there any hostility here,but we still need to be rather careful with the wording of our posts.

So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?
        )
        This is the information given on the Gabit website.

How many autographs can I get?
        A maximum of two autographs per guest is allowed. These are included in your registration fee. Out of your two items, only one may be personalised. i.e.: to Fred.

Do I have to buy an "official" photo to join the autographs line?
        No. Each attendee is allowed up to two autographs on items they bring to or buy at the event and these are included in your registration fee. This can be anything within the bounds of taste and decency. If you have a T- shirt or other item of clothing, you must not be wearing it. No body parts. Gabit reserves the right to refuse any items they deem inappropriate or offensive going through the lines. Items you bring or buy may include things like: Trading cards, your con program, DVD coverslips, books and photographs. Internet and other screen captures or items in violation of copyright are not permitted.

I have a feelg you might be able to buy things at the con. But they are limiting it to only 2 items. If you want your picture with AT signed
        that is one of the 2 items.

Any more questions, there a whole list of common questions and the answers on the Gabit website http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/faq.html

Comment

I already knew all the rules about the two items max for signatures,etc,but thank you.

I'll just order the merchandise I require from Creation or Legends via their sites.(While making sure of carrying spare cash in case there are goodies on sale at Gabit,too ,of course. )

Creation may be a little less expensive,but Legends pay into the Actors' favoured Charities...so I'll go and do some more comparisons.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I already knew all the rules about the two items max for signatures,etc,but thank you.

I'll just order the merchandise I require from Creation or Legends via their sites.(While making sure of carrying spare cash in case there are goodies on sale at Gabit,too ,of course. )

Creation may be a little less expensive,but Legends pay into the Actors' favoured Charities...so I'll go and do some more comparisons.
            This is my first and only con and I remember reading that there will be a charity auction for AT too ... so won't that be a good time to spend your money too and bid on something personal from Amanda?

And, MAL, yes ... my daughter and I will be flying back to jolly old (not so jolly right now) England for GABIT. This time, though, sans baby as my darling Canadian son-in-law has agreed to watch their two girls for the weekend and let his wife and her momma enjoy themselves! O Canada - they raise good men up there to the north!

Looking forward to meeting all of you! And impressed with the con veterans ... you've met Amanda already, MAL ... more than once! Wow!

Comment

This is my first and only con and I remember reading that there will be a charity auction for AT too ... so won't that be a good time to spend your money too and bid on something personal from Amanda?

And, MAL, yes ... my daughter and I will be flying back to jolly old (not so jolly right now) England for GABIT. This time, though, sans baby as my darling Canadian son-in-law has agreed to watch their two girls for the weekend and let his wife and her momma enjoy themselves! O Canada - they raise good men up there to the north!

Looking forward to meeting all of you! And impressed with the con veterans ... you've met Amanda already, MAL ... more than once! Wow!
              You will meet quite a few veterans. And that includes Gipsys baby! This is maybe his 3rd con. But then he's a experinced traveler to!

i'm looking forward to meeting you

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                I would express how insanely jealous I am..... but then my head would explode, and that would severley impede my thunking....
                (((((((((KG))))))))) We can't have heads exploding.(Way too much mess ! )
                I wish you could come.*Sniff* Wonder if Kliggins could borrow an Invisibility Cloak or something...or I could do a sponsored "busk" to get you here ?
                Oh,yes indeed.Already setting aside funds towards that !

Comment

This is will be my third time meeting AT.... and I've done about 7 conventions. But i'm getting very exited about this one just like the others.

Its not just AT. Its traveling and meeting up with friends. I've tried to include sight seeing in my trips. I've not decide yet wether i'll be doing that for this trip. i've got another con the end of November.

The thing is you are counting the days down to the con. I think we are on 94.
                  But the con only last a weekend. You are on a high all weekend.

Then the POST CON DEPRESSION sets in..... i've yet to find a cure for that. You just have to muddle through it....

Comment

I'm not sure how much i'll spend at the con on things. But be careful with auction's . The prices can GROW very large before you turn around.

i've seen things going for a £1000. The lower priices tend to be £300 ish

Comment

No worries,MAL.I'm canny with cash.I just want to see what's on offer,and enjoy the atmosphere ,really.

Good idea to warn about the possibility of steep prices,though.It's easy to bid in the heat of the moment at any auction....

Comment

I've been ordered out of "Sam's a Great Character Thread" and onto here for a while by Chopingal. I didn't realise there was so much chat going on about GABIT!

It has been great to see a few of you posting on aforementioned thread!

Wow! Chopingal. Do you think me worthy enough to carry your bags? - I assume you would never let me handle your accordion! Duffs cap and bows humbly whilst shuffling backwards!
                        Roadie?! - you know I'm an action gal and 1speed is gonna help me reaquaint myself with the electric Bass!!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          So, you'll be singing soprano in the band?
                          LOL

Comment

So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?

Advice please ,anyone ?

ETA :

Hey ! That's my job !
                            (If my singing "ability" doesn't bring on my ejection from the Hotel...)
                            I waited until I got to Burbank to purchase official merchandise as I wanted to see if they had different things from the Creation Site. There were tons of pictures of SG1 and SGA, banners, T-shirts, hats, books and more that I can't remember. Burbank was fairly small; someone said about 400 in their con report and that was only Sunday when Michael and Chris were there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

*Walks off muttering "not fair...... I never get to wear a posh frock."*
                              Darn! *crosses extra film and batteries off list*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater

Kliggins, I can't believe you're going!!.... and not taking me
                                LOL! I can't believe I am going either!!!! If I win the lottery you will be the first I invite, Kiwigater, after Seshat, Ang, Jilly, Rune, Bling.

I got my confirmation from Gabit today!!!!!!! I really can go, they are going to let me in the door or just take my payment and not let me in the door. Oh well, I will be in London when I find out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X