GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    GW Convention gang ? Ok,I'm officially dense,as I don't know who you mean...looking forward to meeting everyone on/off the list anyway !
    LOL! there are a couple who dont often post on here. Sue_the_lurker for example. She will be attending. And of course there is GateGipsy!!

Just people who i've seen often at cons and i'm hopping will be attending.

Comment

Hey Kligs ! D'oh ! could well be GateCon Gw'ers.Told you I'm officially dense....*Head/desk*

One colourful countdown coming right up :

Counting today and Friday 28 th October (Con starts in the pm ?)
      100 days till Gabit !

(Less a few hours,but that's a minor detail right ? )
      Nice countdown!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        It is not too big at all ... ahem, those of us of a certain age (aka as the Royal Hens of Samanda) appreciate the larger script!!

Yes, Bev bring the banjo and we'll hunt up a piano somewhere and I'll join you!

And "MAL", you are not related to the new character, Vala MAL Doran, are you?!
        Nope! my name comes from my initials. LOL at metups/cons and online everyone calls me Mal. (Friends, people like DSD, TR etc )Sometimes it might be a few days before I hear my real name!

Seren LLwch is Star Dust in welsh.
        Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 21 July 2005, 09:35 AM.

Comment

It is not too big at all ... ahem, those of us of a certain age (aka as the Royal Hens of Samanda) appreciate the larger script!!
          LOL ! Ok...size 7 countdowns stay then !
          *wonders how you'll get a piano in your suitcase ?*
          *Decides that all things are possible in an infinite multiverse and not to worry*

And "MAL", you are not related to the new character, Vala MAL Doran, are you?!
          Nah....it's an acronym of the letters of MAL's real name.
          The name "MAL" lends a certain air of mystery and stuff to Our Lady Of Stafford !
          (Please don't kill me,MAL !)
          Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Baggie I love the countdown. The large script makes it look very important!
          Glad you like the big Baggie countdown . (Even though I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it this morning ....)
          As to me bringing the banjo....I thought you all wanted to enjoy yourselves!!
          Banjo-wielding Bev could well be the unofficial star of the show....there'll be time for some strumming ,in between the talks etc.You weren't planning on any early nights, were you ?

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
          LOL! there are a couple who dont often post on here. Sue_the_lurker for example. She will be attending. And of course there is GateGipsy!!

Just people who i've seen often at cons and i'm hopping will be attending.
          Righto MAL.Now I understand who you meant .
          Looking forward to seeing Gipsy again. (Sue was at Pages,I think ?)
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

LOL ! Ok...size 7 countdowns stay then !
            *wonders how you'll get a piano in your suitcase ?*
            *Decides that all things are possible in an infinite multiverse and not to worry*

Nah....it's an acronym of the letters of MAL's real name.
            The name "MAL" lends a certain air of mystery and stuff to Our Lady Of Stafford !
            (Please don't kill me,MAL !)

Glad you like the big Baggie countdown . (Even though I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it this morning ....)

Banjo-wielding Bev could well be the unofficial star of the show....there'll be time for some strumming ,in between the talks etc.You weren't planning on any early nights, were you ?

Righto MAL.Now I understand who you meant .
            Looking forward to seeing Gipsy again. (Sue was at Pages,I think ?)
            Sue might have been at Pages. Cant remember. ROTFL!!! at your comments on MAL!

Comment

The respectful title of "Lady Of Stafford" is my way of paying tribute to your long-established status on GW since the early days of Starguide ,so it is actually a genuinely meant compliment, MAL !

*Bows*

Comment

The respectful title of "Lady Of Stafford" is my way of paying tribute to your long-established status on GW since the early days of Starguide ,so it is actually a genuinely meant compliment, MAL !

*Bows*
                ROTFL!

Comment

I dunno..I try to give you a compliment,and just get laughed at.I just don't know what this world is coming to..... (Kidding !)

*Cough*
                  OK,I've gone rather off-topic.

So....anyone got any ideas at this stage what they're planning to ask Amanda ?(No obligation to answer..I'm just curious !)

Anyone bringing Mascots or other identifying objects,like huge and honkin' banjos ?

Comment

Anyone bringing Mascots or other identifying objects,like huge and honkin' banjos ?
                    Hmmmm...does a crate of Guinness count as an identifying object?
                    LOL! I can just see it now...everybody standing around with badges (or a rolled up newspaper under their arm!) talking to each other...and me with a great big honkin' banjo on my back all on my own. Everyone will be too afraid to speak to me!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes,but not for long,lol !
                      LOL! I can just see it now...everybody standing around with badges (or a rolled up newspaper under their arm!) talking to each other...and me with a great big honkin' banjo on my back all on my own. Everyone will be too afraid to speak to me!
                      You won't be on your own,dear pal.I promise. (I ain't scared of no Bev !)
                      Anyway,I'll be the one carrying a Bagpuss toy,so I'll be easily identifiable to everyone .(If they want to be associated with a nut like me....)

Seriously,though,badges are a good idea,imo .User names might be best ?

Comment

Originally posted by FHBAGPUSS
                        ETA :
                        Er it IS a bit big,actually ! Oh,well.I suppose something a little more subtle in blue (jello) shades might be better next time.....
                        It is a keeper, just the way it is. Perfect!!!!

I am already afraid to speak to you, without or with banjo. Oh wait, I have talked to you on the phone.
                        sigpic

Comment

99 days to go!!!!!

Comment

Yes indeed !

*Sings*
                            "99 bottles of Guinness on the way,
                            99 bottles of Stout....
                            If Bev forgets to bring the stuff ,
                            we'll have to go without !!"

*Slinks away......*
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 July 2005, 08:14 AM. Reason: *Slinks back* ETA,because I remembered the capital letter in "Stout". :D :D :D

Comment

Yes indeed !

*Sings*
                              99 bottles of Stout....

*Slinks away......*
                              OH HECK!! A count down is going to be bad enough But FHB singing !!??!!

Comment

Yes indeed !

*Sings*
                                99 bottles of Stout....

*Slinks away......*
                                I may forget to bring my case
                                Or my ticket to attend
                                But I would never show my face