GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABIT attendees thread

This is a thread for all you lucky folks that are going to GABIT to meet up and get to know each other.

Post away kids
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Originally posted by Skydiver
    This is a thread for all you lucky folks that are going to GABIT to meet up and get to know each other.

Post away kids
    Why, thank you, kind mod!

Okay, I'll be brave and make an appearance here. I come from the land of Samanda, aka "Sam's a Great Character" thread and plan to be at the Renaissance for AT's special weekend.

Let's see who may be going ... hello out there? Any other Sam fans in the vicinity?

Questions:

Will this be your first con?
    Why did you choose GABIT?
    Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?
    Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?
    And what about Naomi?!
    (Those who know me are familiar with the last question. If you really can tell me how Naomi's doing these days, then I'll definitely want to meet you at GABIT!)

Cheers! CG

Comment

*waves*

Hiya CG, only me. I'd love to stop and chat, but people keep appearing at my desk expecting me to do *work*!!!

1speed

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Okay, I'll be brave and make an appearance here. I come from the land of Samanda, aka "Sam's a Great Character" thread and plan to be at the Renaissance for AT's special weekend.

Let's see who may be going ... hello out there? Any other Sam fans in the vicinity?

Questions:

Well it's not definite yet, but I'm really working to get over there for this.

Will this be your first con? Second
        Why did you choose GABIT? Umm, all day, all weekend, all Amanda.
        Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? Texas
        Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? Proud member of SAGC
        And what about Naomi?! You lost me on this one.
        (Those who know me are familiar with the last question. If you really can tell me how Naomi's doing these days, then I'll definitely want to meet you at GABIT!)

Cheers! CG

Comment

*waves hand in air* I'm going! I can't wait to see Amanda, and meet fellow Gateworlders.
          sigpic

Comment

Is it off-topic if I tell you guys that I'm turning a certain shade of green...

Comment

Questions:

:

Cheers! CG
              Will this be your first con?; Nope. i've been going to them since 2002. 5 wolf cons in the UK and 2 Gatecons.

Why did you choose GABIT?: They've got AT!!!

Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? : 125 miles approx to travel. only 1 1/2 approx via virgin train though.

Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?: I'll be meeting up with some good friends. A few i wanted to meet have had to drop out . But 2 others not on the original list are considering it. I'm hoping more dont drop out.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Post away kids
                KIDS!!! (((((((hugs)))))))) for starting the thread. i've not had time.

Comment

Hi Mal! Glad you are going. I was wondering if I should do the 'sensible' thing and ask for a refund (skint and I'm not having much look selling my Gatecon ticket in spite of that sounding like it's going to be an amazing event and I really wish I had the air fare...) But if I know other nice folks are going I guess I might hold on to it...
                  My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan Green
                    Hi Mal! Glad you are going. I was wondering if I should do the 'sensible' thing and ask for a refund (skint and I'm not having much look selling my Gatecon ticket in spite of that sounding like it's going to be an amazing event and I really wish I had the air fare...) But if I know other nice folks are going I guess I might hold on to it...
                    Looking forward to seeing you

Comment

Questions:

And what about Naomi?!

Cheers! CG
                      OK, official announcement time - Coley and 1speed are booked for GABIT!!!

Yes, it's our first con.

You made us.

Not too far, not too near. We're coming from Oop North.

Er, yes - we're sitting with you.

Comment

*Raises hand*
                        Count me in, please.
                        Yep !
                        I greatly admire Amanda,and Sam's my favourite SG-1 character,but I can't afford the air-fares and cost of travelling abroad to other Conventions in the hope of meeting her.
                        Gabit's so near....and Oh Boy,it should be great !
                        I live in Essex,so it's only a few hours drive to the Con...unless Hubby lets me take control of the road map & navigation.Then it may take considerably longer .
                        Hubs is attending too,and I already know MAL and Bev,plus some others who may be attending.
                        I'm looking forward to meeting as many "Samandans" as possible,including your own good self !

E.T.A. :
                        Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        *waves hand in air* I'm going! I can't wait to see Amanda, and meet fellow Gateworlders.
                        So...looks like we'll be having that cool dark nectar (AKA Guinness !) a bit sooner than we thought, lol !
                        * Tries to look angelic *
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 July 2005, 04:23 PM.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This was posted on the GABITS forum. I hope they dont mind me passing this on to people who dont use that forum.

QUOTE:
                          For those of you who registered seperately and now want to sit with friends... yes we will still be sorting this out by avergeing you numbers... however we need to get everyone ina row and we can't do that until everyone has confirmed or cancelled.sooooo

What we will do is this... please get together off list and decide who wants to sit together.

I will set up an e-mail list where you can e-mail the list of each person and thier registration number/ reference.

This will take a couple of weeks as I am off on holiday so have a chat amoungst yourseles and we'll revisit it in late august

end quote.

I'm going to book my hotel room in a minute.

Comment

Just booked the hotel room. It was very easy.

Mum and dad are going to pay for my train fair because its my birthday on the 27th of october. I'll book the ticket closer to the date

Know all I need to do is sort out 4 nights off at work LOL
                            Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 20 July 2005, 12:54 AM.

Comment

We're booked for Friday night-Mon am.Payment on arrival.

Thanks for posting the info about seating,MAL . *sends hugs*
                              (I've yet to join their forum,but I'll make sure I do that next.)

Good luck organising the time off.

I think I'll use the Monday as recuperation/sleep time....I suspect a lot of us will need to do that !
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X