Page 5 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 234567815551055051005 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 25364
  1. #81
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    *Raises hand*

    Erm...

    Excuse me.....

    Sorry to ask this, folks....

    How many people of the male persuasion are going to be at the con?

    Or am I going to have to wear my little black number and heels to try and blend in?
    Baby Gipsy is a maybe Seabee. Better stat practicing your gurgling, coeing and other baby sounds

    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkOrange]94 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

  2. #82
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    *Raises hand*

    Erm...

    Excuse me.....

    Sorry to ask this, folks....

    How many people of the male persuasion are going to be at the con?

    Or am I going to have to wear my little black number and heels to try and blend in?
    Baby Gipsy is a maybe Seabee. Better stat practicing your gurgling, coeing and other baby sounds

    94 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

  3. #83
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    That's encouraging!

    Now, what question would you like to ask AT if you get the chance at GABIT?!
    i tend to listen to guests talking then decide at the last minute. I've met AT twice already. This will be my third time.

  4. #84
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,575

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    Love it! How did I miss this one?! Clearing the custard is like playing the pipes and you certainly sound up to both tasks!
    ROTFL ! Ok,I know I'm a gasbag,but to be honest,I'm hopeless with any form of wind instrument.Especially the Bagpipes. The one time I attempted (under supervision) to get some sounds from my Uncle's set,I ended up with a sore throat and a severe nosebleed ! Too complicated for me....best not to let me loose on any instrument actually.I could take a triangle or tambourine with me to the Con though .
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    Now, we have to get Coley over here ... hmm, Coley as "Roadie" ... LOL
    Oh,dear.I assume Coley is more petite than the average Roadie, then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    And thanks for the explanation of Bagpuss ... are you sure you're not a Pisces and born a few days earlier than you proclaim?! Just seems that way to me ... as a Piscean. Yes, I come from a family of Polish-American musicians.
    March 24 is correct,but I had my proper chart done by two different legit Astrologers some years ago,out of sheer curiosity. The results came back as "Predominantly Virgoan personality" from one analysis,and "Predominantly Libran responses" for the other.I had quite a few planets in Pisces,Leo and Cancer though .Not sure how much that explains my attitudes.....
    *Sigh*
    I'm not much of an Aries apparently....boy, do I feel Sheepish !

    I'm glad I got the musical connection right-ish, re your user name. I love listening to all kinds of music,but Classical and so-called "New Age" (eg Enya ) are my favourites.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    Indeed, wonder what AT will be doing beyond Stargate and new motherhood. A good and fair question.
    Thank you,CG.
    Of course,I may not get a chance to ask that question,or if her answers to other fans cover those bases,I'll just have to compose a different one,lol !

  5. #85
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,575

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
    [FONT=Courier New]

    Baby Gipsy is a maybe Seabee. Better stat practicing your gurgling, coeing and other baby sounds
    No doubt SB and most of the other males will be making those sounds over Amanda anyway !
    (Of course,Gipsy may not wish the poor little lad to associate with "Wannabee" Crossdressers ....Just kidding,SB ! )
    Quote Originally Posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
    i tend to listen to guests talking then decide at the last minute. I've met AT twice already. This will be my third time.
    I've decided to make a little list of questions,then cross them off if they're covered and go to the next reserve question.

    Regarding you having already met Amanda twice previously,you knew I'd have to do it,didn't you....
    *Sings*
    "I should be so lucky,lucky,lucky lucky....!"

  6. #86
    Lieutenant Colonel SeaBee's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Here and there... mostly there.
    Posts
    4,703

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

    To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

    *Walks off muttering "not fair...... I never get to wear a posh frock."*
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

  7. #87
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

    To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

    *Walks off muttering "not fair...... I never get to wear a posh frock."*
    Very funny. but children remember its a pg forum

  8. #88
    Ruffler Extraordinaire dipsofjazz's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    105,642

    Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

    To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

    *Walks off muttering "not fair...... I never get to wear a posh frock."*
    So, you'll be singing soprano in the band?
    <a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dipsofjazz/media/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dadf52b3fe.jpg</a></a>

  9. #89
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,575

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
    Very funny. but children remember its a pg forum
    Yes,MAL.Understood. No profanity has been typed,nor is there any hostility here,but we still need to be rather careful with the wording of our posts.

    So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

    So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?

    Advice please ,anyone ?

    ETA :
    Quote Originally Posted by dipsofjazz
    So, you'll be singing soprano in the band?
    Hey ! That's my job !
    (If my singing "ability" doesn't bring on my ejection from the Hotel...)
    Last edited by Bagpuss; July 27th, 2005 at 03:51 AM. Reason: arrghh! Lost the reply to Bev first go.

  10. #90
    Lieutenant Colonel ChopinGal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Playground in My Mind
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    A question to ask Amanda. I will come up with a witty yet probing one, that will take the conversation in a new and interesting direction. Then, if I'm chosen, I will splutter, mutter, panic and forget the question!

    To those who wanted the little black number, I'm afraid that my wife has warned of an operation involving a blunt knife or 2 bricks if I even think of it, so I'll have to forget it.

    *Walks off muttering "not fair...... I never get to wear a posh frock."*
    Dear SeaBee, methinks the good wife wants to keep you in a safe location, such as you list above: the neutral zone!

    What's this about a baby coming to the con? We were scheduled to bring our baby Hannah last September ... GABIT got cancelled and my daughter and I and the baby, three generations of AT fans, had non-refundable plane tickets to UK for that week! We ended up staying in a cottage in Tonbridge and visiting with friends and seeing the sights. Scary thing is we had baby at the Liverpool and Shepherd's Bush stations through that week and I shudder to think of what's happening over there now.

  11. #91
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    I would express how insanely jealous I am..... but then my head would explode, and that would severley impede my thunking....

    Kliggins, I can't believe you're going!!.... and not taking me

  12. #92
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    Dear SeaBee, methinks the good wife wants to keep you in a safe location, such as you list above: the neutral zone!

    What's this about a baby coming to the con? We were scheduled to bring our baby Hannah last September ... GABIT got cancelled and my daughter and I and the baby, three generations of AT fans, had non-refundable plane tickets to UK for that week! We ended up staying in a cottage in Tonbridge and visiting with friends and seeing the sights. Scary thing is we had baby at the Liverpool and Shepherd's Bush stations through that week and I shudder to think of what's happening over there now.
    GateGipsy (the forum manager) might be going to the convention. I'm still not 100% sure because shes still in Vancouver. I've got a feeling she'll be back next week. i know she had a ticket, because she bought it the first time the con was anounced.

    Anyway if she does come she'll be bringing her little lad, who was born in April with her.

    is your daughter coming this time around??

  13. #93
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Yes,MAL.Understood. No profanity has been typed,nor is there any hostility here,but we still need to be rather careful with the wording of our posts.

    So..back firmly on topic : It's a rather daunting thing,going to a Convention for the first time.Obviously,Gabit will be a smallish affair compared to the big Cons,but I assume there'll be some official SG merchandise,photos etc on sale.

    So...my question is this.I want to buy some official photos of Amanda,and some other merchandise .Should I order through Creation or Legends now,or wait till the Gabit event and see what's on offer ?
    )
    This is the information given on the Gabit website.

    How many autographs can I get?
    A maximum of two autographs per guest is allowed. These are included in your registration fee. Out of your two items, only one may be personalised. i.e.: to Fred.

    Do I have to buy an "official" photo to join the autographs line?
    No. Each attendee is allowed up to two autographs on items they bring to or buy at the event and these are included in your registration fee. This can be anything within the bounds of taste and decency. If you have a T- shirt or other item of clothing, you must not be wearing it. No body parts. Gabit reserves the right to refuse any items they deem inappropriate or offensive going through the lines. Items you bring or buy may include things like: Trading cards, your con program, DVD coverslips, books and photographs. Internet and other screen captures or items in violation of copyright are not permitted.


    I have a feelg you might be able to buy things at the con. But they are limiting it to only 2 items. If you want your picture with AT signed
    that is one of the 2 items.

    Any more questions, there a whole list of common questions and the answers on the Gabit website http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/faq.html

  14. #94
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,575

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    I already knew all the rules about the two items max for signatures,etc,but thank you.

    I'll just order the merchandise I require from Creation or Legends via their sites.(While making sure of carrying spare cash in case there are goodies on sale at Gabit,too ,of course. )

    Creation may be a little less expensive,but Legends pay into the Actors' favoured Charities...so I'll go and do some more comparisons.

  15. #95
    Lieutenant Colonel ChopinGal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The Playground in My Mind
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    I already knew all the rules about the two items max for signatures,etc,but thank you.

    I'll just order the merchandise I require from Creation or Legends via their sites.(While making sure of carrying spare cash in case there are goodies on sale at Gabit,too ,of course. )

    Creation may be a little less expensive,but Legends pay into the Actors' favoured Charities...so I'll go and do some more comparisons.
    This is my first and only con and I remember reading that there will be a charity auction for AT too ... so won't that be a good time to spend your money too and bid on something personal from Amanda?

    And, MAL, yes ... my daughter and I will be flying back to jolly old (not so jolly right now) England for GABIT. This time, though, sans baby as my darling Canadian son-in-law has agreed to watch their two girls for the weekend and let his wife and her momma enjoy themselves! O Canada - they raise good men up there to the north!

    Looking forward to meeting all of you! And impressed with the con veterans ... you've met Amanda already, MAL ... more than once! Wow!

  16. #96
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    This is my first and only con and I remember reading that there will be a charity auction for AT too ... so won't that be a good time to spend your money too and bid on something personal from Amanda?

    And, MAL, yes ... my daughter and I will be flying back to jolly old (not so jolly right now) England for GABIT. This time, though, sans baby as my darling Canadian son-in-law has agreed to watch their two girls for the weekend and let his wife and her momma enjoy themselves! O Canada - they raise good men up there to the north!

    Looking forward to meeting all of you! And impressed with the con veterans ... you've met Amanda already, MAL ... more than once! Wow!
    You will meet quite a few veterans. And that includes Gipsys baby! This is maybe his 3rd con. But then he's a experinced traveler to!

    i'm looking forward to meeting you

  17. #97
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,575

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater
    I would express how insanely jealous I am..... but then my head would explode, and that would severley impede my thunking....
    (((((((((KG))))))))) We can't have heads exploding.(Way too much mess ! )
    I wish you could come.*Sniff* Wonder if Kliggins could borrow an Invisibility Cloak or something...or I could do a sponsored "busk" to get you here ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    This is my first and only con and I remember reading that there will be a charity auction for AT too ... so won't that be a good time to spend your money too and bid on something personal from Amanda?
    Oh,yes indeed.Already setting aside funds towards that !

  18. #98
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChopinGal
    This is my first and only con and I remember reading that there will be a charity auction for AT too ... so won't that be a good time to spend your money too and bid on something personal from Amanda?

    And, MAL, yes ... my daughter and I will be flying back to jolly old (not so jolly right now) England for GABIT. This time, though, sans baby as my darling Canadian son-in-law has agreed to watch their two girls for the weekend and let his wife and her momma enjoy themselves! O Canada - they raise good men up there to the north!

    Looking forward to meeting all of you! And impressed with the con veterans ... you've met Amanda already, MAL ... more than once! Wow!
    This is will be my third time meeting AT.... and I've done about 7 conventions. But i'm getting very exited about this one just like the others.

    Its not just AT. Its traveling and meeting up with friends. I've tried to include sight seeing in my trips. I've not decide yet wether i'll be doing that for this trip. i've got another con the end of November.

    The thing is you are counting the days down to the con. I think we are on 94.
    But the con only last a weekend. You are on a high all weekend.

    Then the POST CON DEPRESSION sets in..... i've yet to find a cure for that. You just have to muddle through it....

  19. #99
    Major SEREN LWCH (MAL)'s Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    STAFFORD UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    Quote Originally Posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    I already knew all the rules about the two items max for signatures,etc,but thank you.

    I'll just order the merchandise I require from Creation or Legends via their sites.(While making sure of carrying spare cash in case there are goodies on sale at Gabit,too ,of course. )

    Creation may be a little less expensive,but Legends pay into the Actors' favoured Charities...so I'll go and do some more comparisons.
    I'm not sure how much i'll spend at the con on things. But be careful with auction's . The prices can GROW very large before you turn around.

    i've seen things going for a £1000. The lower priices tend to be £300 ish

  20. #100
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,575

    Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

    No worries,MAL.I'm canny with cash.I just want to see what's on offer,and enjoy the atmosphere ,really.

    Good idea to warn about the possibility of steep prices,though.It's easy to bid in the heat of the moment at any auction....

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Grand Slam attendees
    By spikesra in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 6th, 2005, 11:32 AM
  2. Burbank Con Attendees, please report
    By Gilder in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •