dipsofjazz
    1speed4Sam
    Coley
    ForeverSg1
    Kliggins
    Sue_the_Lurker
    Polosmoothie
    MajorSamFan
    GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
    Rowan(maybe)
    Thank you for the welcome.

I will be attending with my friends Deanie & Jo (Atomicpagan if you lj). I know of at least three others coming from the USA - Cindy, Micki and Laura. We were all part of a large contingent who met Amanda last August in Chicago, Illinois at the Creation Con. (That's when she "kel-no-reemed" [meditated] with me.)

We are soooooooo looking forward to seeing her again. (Well, close up...I saw her at Comic-Con a couple of weeks ago, but just on stage, not close up in person.)

Must go finish packing for New Jersey Creation con now...I fly tomorrow night and all I have in my suitcase - well you don't want to know, and you have different words for them depending on where you live!
    Jill/MajorSamFan
    Welcome to MY life!

Chief Master Sergeant MajorSamFan's Avatar

Cool Re: GABIT attendees thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
    I'm not sure why I find this so amusing, but I start to chuckle everytime I think of Amanda doing this.

So I'm just curious, does anyone have any clue what exactly will be going on during Gabit? I've only been to one con and I didn't get to go for the entire weekend (only 1 day). I know it says it's a weekend with Amanda but is she actually going to be there hanging with the fans all three days? From what I have read most cons only have an actor for an hour or so.

Does anyone know of a schedule of events where I can check things out?
    I've heard about a party on friday night( but that's full already) and something about a raffle... anyone else have any other information?

Kat
    You are so right. Usually at a Creation con (my experience) you get an actor on stage for an hour (or slightly less) sometimes in tandem with another actor. The only other exposure is for "gold patrons" (who pay $350 for the weekend), where they get about 3 minutes of each actor coming to their table at one of two special events - a dessert or cocktail party and a Sunday brunch. Then there's the 3 seconds you sit next to them at the photo op (if you buy that extra) and maybe 15-30 seconds when they sign an autograph.

At Comic-Con, each show had a panel that was only about 45 minutes long, and it had 3-8 people on the panel, sometimes moderated by someone who took up most of the time asking questions before it was opened up to the audience.

Becky Preen also said in answer to my question post that Amanda would be doing four Q&A sessions over the weekend. Which is WAAAAAY cool. Lots of folks will be able to ask questions. I don't know what the European cons have been like, but Creation cons, we usually only get through about a dozen questions per panel, with a couple of minutes' response on the actors' parts.

Okay, really going back to packing now.
    Jill/MajorSamFan
    Welcome to MY life!

Default Re: GABIT attendees thread

87 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Thanks for all the info posted,ChopinGal,Kliggins,MAL and MajorSamFan...and double props to ChopinGal for volunteering to be our "Gabiteer Reporter" at the Cocktail Party !

I can hardly wait to meet you all,but alas there are 87 days to go.

Thanks for the countdown,MAL !

((((((((((((((((((((((((ALL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Quote Originally Posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    Thanks for all the info posted,ChopinGal,Kliggins,MAL and MajorSamFan...and double props to ChopinGal for volunteering to be our "Gabiteer Reporter" at the Cocktail Party !

I can hardly wait to meet you all,but alas there are 87 days to go.

Thanks for the countdown,MAL !

((((((((((((((((((((((((ALL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Is this how Lois Lane began her career?!

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

In AU,perhaps she did...

In this Universe,though ,we're all counting on you for the scoop !

(Oh,drat....I'm now imagining AU Lois meeting AU Amanda and asking : "So,Amanda....what's Carter's Kryptonite ?")

*Head/desk*
    Blame it on my temp of 104 F...
    Last edited by Bagpuss; August 3rd, 2005 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Eek...meant to put Carter.Sorry !

In AU,perhaps she did...

(Oh,drat....I'm now imagining AU Lois meeting AU Amanda and asking : "So,Amanda....what's Carter's Kryptonite ?")

*Head/desk*
    104. Baggie, off the computer and into bed. Feel better soon.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

(((((((((((Kliggins)))))))))) Thanks. I'll be ok in a day or so.I'm not sure what's wrong,but my temp's now just under 100 F, so that's a good sign !

Anyway..I know it's still early,and we don't know the full Gabit schedule yet,but would any of you be interested in meeting up for drinks or a meal on the Con Saturday evening ?
    If so,would you prefer to meet at the hotel,or somewhere different ?

Ruffler Extraordinaire dipsofjazz's Avatar

Re: GABIT attendees thread

I'm glad you're feeling a wee bit better Baggie. I'd love to meet up with everyone, and I don't mind whether it's in the hotel or elsewhere. See...I'm very easy to please!
    <a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dipsofjazz/media/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dadf52b3fe.jpg</a></a>

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Good-oh ! I'm "easy" over the food/location too.At this stage,I'm just after ideas,and interest...the finer details can be worked out later.

(((((((((((Kliggins)))))))))) Thanks. I'll be ok in a day or so.I'm not sure what's wrong,but my temp's now just under 100 F, so that's a good sign !

Anyway..I know it's still early,and we don't know the full Gabit schedule yet,but would any of you be interested in meeting up for drinks or a meal on the Con Saturday evening ?
    If so,would you prefer to meet at the hotel,or somewhere different ?
    Woohoo Baggie; glad to see that temp is going down. I am up for anything so I am even easier to please than Bev. In hotel, out of hotel, drinks, real food, snacks, Mars bars . Count me in!

Should we start a list: GW Get togeter at Gabit
    F.H. Bagpuss
    Dipsofjazz
    Kliggins
    Last edited by Kliggins; August 3rd, 2005 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kliggins
    Woohoo Baggie; glad to see that temp is going down. I am up for anything so I am even easier to please than Bev. In hotel, out of hotel, drinks, real food, snacks, Mars bars . Count me in!

Should we start a list: GW Get togeter at Gabit
    F.H. Bagpuss
    Dipsofjazz
    Kliggins
    Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to have dinner with you all, but I need to discuss it with my husband first. Though I'm sure he won't mind since he already plans on spending the first three days we are in London checking out the sites by himself.

Too bad we couldn't talk Amanda to join us all for dinner and we could send all the hubbies off together to the pub.

Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to have dinner with you all, but I need to discuss it with my husband first. Though I'm sure he won't mind since he already plans on spending the first three days we are in London checking out the sites by himself.

Too bad we couldn't talk Amanda to join us all for dinner and we could send all the hubbies off together to the pub.
    What a great idea!

Temporary GW Get Together at Gabit List until FHB comes in to take over tomorrow:
    F.H.Bagpuss
    Dipsofjazz
    Kliggins
    ForeverSG1 (with hubs approval)

Temporary GW Get Together at Gabit List until FHB comes in to take over tomorrow:
    F.H.Bagpuss
    Dipsofjazz
    Kliggins
    ForeverSG1 (with hubs approval)
    mal (maybe)

GateGipsy is home from Canada. I've asked her IF she will be attending the con. Shes busy, so I dont know when she'll get to read the PM.

Great idea for the get together guys. Sounds great. I've put a maybe next to my name because I dont know if i'll be busy.

86 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Thanks Kliggins,for starting off the list for the Saturday evening GW Gabiteer Get-Together .
    Hope you can make it,Kat and Mal.If you can't,though,I'm sure we'll all get a chance to chat,at least, during the w/e.Same goes for anyone else who can't make it to the dinner.

No pressure !

*Sigh* I wish !
    Last edited by Bagpuss; August 4th, 2005 at 02:36 AM.

85 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
    85 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and only
    14 Days till
    AT/Sam returns
    to STARGATE

I love countdowns.
    (claps hands happily)

A bit off-topic here. My husband and I are thinking about making this a mini vacation for ourselves seeing it will be the first time we've gone on holiday without kids in nearly five years. We were really thinking about exploring Ireland and Scotland as well as areas outside of London. Does anyone by chance have any site suggestions we could look into for places to visit while we are there? Or even just suggestions in particular that I could go research about. Neither of us are real big on touristy sights in particular. My husband loves historical places and I just like to people watch, chat a bit with new people and look at the pretty scenery.

Ruffler Extraordinaire dipsofjazz's Avatar

Re: GABIT attendees thread

and only
    14 Days till
    AT/Sam returns
    to STARGATE

I love countdowns.
    (claps hands happily)

A bit off-topic here. My husband and I are thinking about making this a mini vacation for ourselves seeing it will be the first time we've gone on holiday without kids in nearly five years. We were really thinking about exploring Ireland and Scotland as well as areas outside of London. Does anyone by chance have any site suggestions we could look into for places to visit while we are there? Or even just suggestions in particular that I could go research about. Neither of us are real big on touristy sights in particular. My husband loves historical places and I just like to people watch, chat a bit with new people and look at the pretty scenery.
    I love countdowns too. It makes it all so exciting!

If you're thinking of coming to Scotland, then you must come to Edinburgh. It's got everything you are both looking for.
    <a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/dipsofjazz/media/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/sig%20pics/77ab48d9-1023-48cf-8782-b3dadf52b3fe.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...dadf52b3fe.jpg</a></a>

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Ah,Edinburgh...home of Scottish history,culture ,and so much more...

For info on Scottish touristy things :
    http://www.information-desk.com/
    Or here :
    http://www.travelscotland.co.uk/

For Irish tourist info ,accomm,car hire etc :

http://www.12travel.co.uk/?affid=goo...OVMTC=standard

Also:
    http://www.ireland.ie/

Hope these help.
    That mini-break for just yourself and Hubby sounds fab,imo.
    Regarding "topic-ness",if you weren't coming to Gabit,you wouldn't even be planning the trip,would you ?

Oops ,I forgot the London area sights !
    http://www.ukguide.org/london.html

*Scuttles away again to read some more S9 spoilers*
    Last edited by Bagpuss; August 5th, 2005 at 03:58 PM.

In AU,perhaps she did...

*Head/desk*
    LOL ... yes, your fever is making you delirious! Aha! I wonder if I can wear a GW Press badge of some kind ... and maybe get an exclusive interview with AT herself! I would definitely pose the "Kryptonite" question, indeed! (I must have caught your fever and am now talking out of my head!)

Hope you feel better soon!