No announcement yet.

Deadman Switch (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aris has been a popular fanfic character, largely because I think he's rather versatile. There are plenty of times when the team might need a freelancer to do something or get something. Someone that knows their way around the galaxy. And someone that can do that grey area stuff the team didn't always quite to (especially at that point in time in the series)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Aris is like the Malcolm Reynolds of the Stargate verse?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Or Han Solo

Mercenary with a conscience that can be used and occasionally has their better nature win out
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Them with a good heart.

Comment

I liked the character not just because he could be swayed, but because he also had a toughness to him. So often once a character reveals a conscience (especially one that is initially presented as a villain) the writers turn them into a wimp.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Yes, he had a good heart - this time. I wouldn't trust him I think the higher the price gets the less trustworthy Aris will get. He is a bit arrogant and slimy - I don't like that guy.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

I think Aris is an interesting character, but I wouldn't trust him.
                sigpic

Comment

I would trust him to always do what most benefited himself long term. Which means that under certain circumstances, in the short term, you might be able to trust him, but the instant the circumstances changed, all bets were off.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

To put it in a nutshell: Don't trust that guy!!!
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

did anyone else notice that Aris's collar piece in the center of his chest is the image of flash gordans rocketship

Comment

I'm going to have to go back and look. Thanks, T00ls.

Seaboe

Comment

Oh dear... time to get a few stinkers out of the way... Deadman Switch is still fairly OK for me, but Demons -- last time, I nearly threw something at the screen and just turned it off halfway through.

So, Aris Boch... interesting fella, ain't he.

Got on my nerves though. I don't think I felt this annoyed about him before.

He's basically a coward, working to get his next fix. A druggie, even if the Goa'uld made him this way. He may have changed his mind in the end but he's still going to trade with lesser Goa'uld so you can bet there'll still be people he's gonna sacrifice for his next fix. Or he might not, but since we never hear from him again, who knows.

Kora is another Tok'ra never to be heard from again, but at least we saved his ass so he may fight another day.

I did appreciate Aris Boch's outfit more, and that pimped out T.E.R. or whatever the prop-department was trying to show us. If it wasn't meant to look like they retrofitted a T.E.R. they really should have done a better job but damn, it sure looked cool.

How would you rate SG-1's "Deadman Switch?"

Excellent
                          Good
                          Fair
                          Poor
                          Terrible

Comment

This episode had a lot of potential that was wasted because it was never revisited again. Aris Booch can't be implanted and is addict is some interesting stuff. I think him as a recurring antihero would have been a great storyline. On it's own all the new information makes for a good episode, but overall it's disappointing we never see him again. It's a good for me

Also first episode with the famous cargo ship
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Also first episode with the famous cargo ship
                              Which does make a few reappearances. And I so loved that moment when Jack and Daniel are trying to recall the password.

Also, in Jolinar's Memories, the first thing Daniel does, is check if all the crystals are in place.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Deadman Switch, Demons & Rules of Engagement

Jigsaw puzzle: Deadman Switch
                                -- for which I didn't do too shabby: 08:08

Comment

Working...
                                X