Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deadman Switch (307)

Ever since the reference in this episode to "a pain in the mikta", I've always made a connection between that and the director Andy Mikita. I wonder if the word was a reference to his name.

And even if not, Andy Mikita will always be "pain in the mikta" to me.

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

This is definately one of my favourite episodes from S3 - it's a shame Aris Boch never appeared or was even mentioned again, he was a cool character.

Yeah, what happened with that? The whole immune to hosting a symbiote thing was something I thought they would come back to at some point. Sort of like they did with tretonin.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

They should have gone into more depth on the bounty hunter. perhaps he should have been recurring
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Just re-watched this epsiode which is one of my all time favorites from SG-1 especially from Series 3, up there in this series top 5 atleast, along with: Foothold, Urgo, Crystal Skull and Fair Game.

However sadly its one of those episodes I always forget about since this storyline was never revisited and truly stands alone even though it provides lots of nice little details about the Stargate Universe, and is the epsiode which introduced one of the coolest Stargate ships, the Cargo Ship.

The Bounty Hunter character was really awesome and even though be looked too Human to be an Alien the yellow blood was enough to sell him as a new species. Sadly with so much potential to revisit him and his species it never happened.
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

This episode is definitely one of the better ones from the early seasons for me. I like the slicky Aris Boch character, who is so annoying, yet delivers an excellent twists and turns to the story. Me likey. Me likey indeed.

i agree great epsiode

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    Ever since the reference in this episode to "a pain in the mikta", I've always made a connection between that and the director Andy Mikita. I wonder if the word was a reference to his name.

And even if not, Andy Mikita will always be "pain in the mikta" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
    This is definately one of my favourite episodes from S3 - it's a shame Aris Boch never appeared or was even mentioned again, he was a cool character.
    I agree

"tacs"

"zat'nik'tels?"

"tacluchnatagamuntoron"

"....."

"tacs"

so aris boch's gun is the anti-reetou thing with another attachment. at least they could have found a more convincing prop than that
    Last edited by asdf1239; April 17th, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tal'Mak_Josh View Post
    is it this epsiode or demons where they say,

Daniel: He is a pain in the Mikta
    Jack: Neck?
    Teal'c:.........................No
    That was my favourite quote in the episode. The lack of any expression on Teal'c face when he said no made me laugh the most.

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Great episode, and I'm sorry to hear that we'll never see Aris Boch again. Great character!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Rewatched it again . After he explains what he can get for them in a trade, there is a bit that reminds me of Beetlejuice lol.

Jack is random in this episode. The part where he keeps saying 'of course' is funny, but not as funny as Aris zatting himself and then Jack zatting him to make sure. One of my favourite episodes.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Lieutenant Colonel AtlantisRules!!!'s Avatar

THe escape pods have a chevron symbol incorporated into them
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---

Chief Master Sergeant FrodoFraggins's Avatar

8.5/10

I personally liked the character of Aris and the humor in this episode. It's too bad that the writers once again prevented SG-1 from acquiring useful technology. I guess it was their way of milking the series by keeping earth limited in regards to technology.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

When Aris says: "I hate Goa'uld, you hate 'em. Everybody hates Goa'ulds."
    It reminds me of Beetlejuice when he says "You want to somebody out of your house. I want to get somebody out of your house." and then when Jack actually says Beetlejuice as a guess for a password I can't help but wonder...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Chief Master Sergeant LeftHandedGuitarist's Avatar

FLASH! AH-AAH! SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE! Oh, Sam J. Jones is awesome here.

One of my favourite SG-1 episodes, so much fun to watch. Of all the characters that the show introduced over the years, Aris has to be amongst the top 5 best and certainly one of the ones who really deserved to have further episodes. This is a classic which highlights SG-1 really working as a team when they are forced to sort out a situation on their own.

The only thing which doesn't quite fit is the ending, which appears very rushed. Aris changes his mind awfully fast upon seeing the Tok'ra trying to commit suicide. Other than that, this is a near flawless episode and very funny throughout.

- First appearance of a Goa'uld cargo ship

- First appearacce of a cloaking device. It's strange, whenever the team encounter new Goa'uld technology Teal'c says that he has never seen it before. It would appear that every important Goa'uld invention was put into circulation the day after Teal'c switched sides.

- First appearance of crystals in Goa'uld tech (although not the first mention, Carter talked about them in 'Torment of Tantalus').

- At the end when Aris blows up his ship, he says it's because he removed the crystal. I might be confused, but this appears to be opposite of what he said earlier in the episode, when he mentions that the self-destruct is only activated when all 3 crystals are IN place. Weird.

RATING: 9 out of 10

This ep is favored for its high humor and Daniel's eye blinking. sigh.

The comedy starts right away when Daniel first walks into the energy field. "Found it!" Such timing he has!
    Jack has many great lines as well, "Put your hand up!" but he and Daniel are really fun to watch. Accessing the cargo ship, discussing the ship's bomb, Daniel's reaction to Aris Bock being tickled by the zat.

The sad fate of Aris Boch's people, being slaves to the Rashna just like the Jaffa are bound to their symbiotes might be the only serious moment in the entire episode. Speaking of Teal'c, what courage to trade his own freedom for the Tok'ra. But then, being buffeted around when the cargo ship begins to take off...well, I'm reminded of his puppet in 200!

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1239 View Post
    "tacs"
    "zat'nik'tels?"
    "tacluchnatagamuntoron"
    "....."
    "tacs"
    Made the later ep's discussion of In'tars that much more funny!

I could never decide if I liked or disliked this episode. The comedy took over, but it seemed misplaced to me with the constant game of SG-1 and Aris Boch trying to outdo each other and with such smug attitudes. It became irritating fast for me and all the interesting more serious moments seemed lost in it.

After this rewatch it ended up in my dislike column. I was still impressed by the effect of the cargo ship on the ground and taking off, that was pretty well done and stood the test of time quite well I thought.

My LiveJournal post
    Very funny episode.
    You know what else is funny? A few in this thread have mentioned that the guy who played Aris Boch was the same guy who starred in the 80's version of Flash Gordon, and just as I was finishing my writeup for this ep, I heard the Queen song 'Flash' from that film on Planet Rock.
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. So SG1 run into a shield...and then run into 'this' dodgy geezer!

2. "Barkna" "Well if it was Barkna the door would open now wouldn't it?"

3. Rewatching this I was trying to remember how Teal'c escaped.

4. I can only assume that Sam Jones turned out to be too expensive to make a recurring character.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast