• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadman Switch (307)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 307

SG-1 is taken captive by an alien bounty hunter with uncertain loyalties.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:58 PM.

No comments on this one?

Aaron Boch (sp) is one character I wish they would revisit.
    Fitness Buddies

Comment

I think it may have been Aris Boch. His race and himself would be interesting to see again. Although, I doubt its likely. The natural (?) abilities he seemed to have would be a great advantage, although his dependency on the substance he gets from the Goa'uld may be his end. With the current (Season 7/8) state of the Goa'uld it is probably extremely difficult for him to collect that substance.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Wasn't Aris Bach human, though?

The episode was kind of vague on this point because he appears human, but is apparently different enough for the Goa'ould to not be able to use him as a host.

I'd like to see them revisit this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359
          Wasn't Aris Bach human, though?
          When Carter treats his wound, his blood is yellow or something I think.
          Fitness Buddies

Comment

Roshna does look a lot like tretonin to me...

That would explain the dependency of Boch's race on this thing.

Comment

A good episode. It would have been good if they obtained some technology that the character had
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                When Carter treats his wound, his blood is yellow or something I think.
                I forgot about that.

I wonder if they're going to bring this character back?

Comment

the bounty hunters weapon is TERish.

Comment

I wonder if that weapon was of Goa'uld/Tok'ra design?

Comment

I would love to see a follow up on this story. This race could be serious allies.
                      sigpic

Comment

I kinda doubt it. If what he said about them being all wiped out except for himself was the truth.
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

And the coolest thing about this episode? Sam "Flash Gordon" Jones was a guest star.

I'd been wondering for years what he'd been up to. I just saw him last week at a Star Trek con.
                          "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

I liked the Aris Boch character, would love to see him again. And one of my favorite quotes comes from this episode too. When he calls Carter 'Captain', and she says well, actually, I am a Major now. And he says "Oh, well, how important. I'll inform the galaxy." That still makes me laugh every time I watch this episode!
                            O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                            Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
                              I liked the Aris Boch character, would love to see him again.
                              As would I, I liked the actor who portrayed him. I´m very fond of this episode in general, lots of humorous scenes.
                              Like this little exchange:

Boch: Dr Jackson... If you don´t mind, treating my wound.
                              Daniel: I´m an archeologist.
                              Boch: I know. But you´re also a doctor.
                              Daniel: Of archeology...

And that little quarreling bit going on between Jack and Daniel, when they´re trying to open the hidden entrance. Plus, the following scene where they´re trying to shut down the countdown. Loved Jack and his matter-of-factly:
                              Daniel? Would you come here a moment?, when he discovers the... crystal thingy. And when he walks up to the door and says: Oh, Teal´c... Would these ships have any kind of destruct mechanism?
                              Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X