This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cow?

Can a Goa'uld take a cow as a host? It would be pretty funny seeing a cow with glowing eyes and a wierd voice.

A better question might be would a Goa'uld want to take a cow as a host.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

It may not want to but what if it was desperate

Comment

oh.. I think I see what you mean now. I'm not sure if that could happen. They seem to prefer sentient hosts. But I wonder now.. The creature in The Tomb seemed to be a decent host for a while.. Maybe a cow could work.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

well as long as the creature has a fully developed brain to take over and room for the symbiotes body, it should be able to take over anything, in fact the more primitive the creature the easier it probaby is to take over

Comment

i bet they could take over a monkey

Comment

Cows don't have voices really. It'd just say 'moo' in an odd way :s

Comment

Aliens and cows...

Reminds me of a couple South Park episodes.
                Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                  Can a Goa'uld take a cow as a host? It would be pretty funny seeing a cow with glowing eyes and a wierd voice.
                  At least the cow won't put up much resistance. I think.

Comment

Moooooooooooooo

Comment

You know, I think the reason that the Goa'uld prefer to take humans as hosts and not other animals - even Unas - is because their cognitive abilities are based on the animal they control. With something like a cow or that creature in the Ziggurat they would not be able to think anything except instinct. However in a human they can understand how things work and that gives them the ability to control the alien technology they scavenged. The Unas as a species don't seem as intelligent as humans (as arrogant as that sounds). So that's why they prefer humans.

Comment

*falls down laughing*

I think my cats are Goa'uld. Especially Tim-May...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Could be worse. Could be a chicken.

Imaging a chicken clucking with a Gou'ald voice.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                            You know, I think the reason that the Goa'uld prefer to take humans as hosts and not other animals - even Unas - is because their cognitive abilities are based on the animal they control. With something like a cow or that creature in the Ziggurat they would not be able to think anything except instinct. However in a human they can understand how things work and that gives them the ability to control the alien technology they scavenged. The Unas as a species don't seem as intelligent as humans (as arrogant as that sounds). So that's why they prefer humans.
                            I think your right on this. Humans have more complex brains and are thus preferred. Also humans are more dexteritous then Unas. Unas are like tanks but may have a hard time manipulating the more advanced technology (asgard) that the gou'ld try to steal.

However, I have seen enough Chick-fle commercials to know that cows are actually quite intelligent and will come to rule the world and force all humans to eat more chicken.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                              the cognitive abilities of the host would have no bearing on the goa'uld because the goa'uld completely subverts the mind of the host. the symbiote extends tendrils into the host brain to sieze control of the body and block the host mind, but the goa'ulds mind is in the symbiotes body. the symbiotes brain would not be affected in any way by the hosts brain

Comment

Working...
                              X