X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Farscape" syndicated

http://www.upn20.tv/mov/sales5.mov

it's only one of many TV channels which are going to start airing "Farscape" this autumn in USA. More info you can find HERE
    Last edited by Kalliope; 20 July 2005, 08:09 AM.

This might be a good place to ask, but what exactly is syndicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
      Syndicated = sold to many TV stations (usually from one big TV station family, like Fox in this case, who owns these UPN stations).

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
        Syndicated = sold to many TV stations (usually from one big TV station family, like Fox in this case, who owns these UPN stations).
        So non-cable channels?

Comment

Not sure. Ask Americans.

Comment

We get farscape on BBC & Sci-fi - but i have the whole collection of Farscape so i'm happy.
            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
              We get farscape on BBC & Sci-fi - but i have the whole collection of Farscape so i'm happy.
              From Contender UK? I love their boxset edition, can't wait for S4 Boxset (October 10th), but IMHO THE BEST Farscape release now is Region 1 (which you can play on multi-regional DVD players and on computer) Starburst Edition with TONS of completely new commentaries recorded by Claudia, Ben, David Kemper and Rockne O'Bannon last summer and another stuff never released before. And Starburst Edition is REALLY cheap, actually the cheapest of all Farscape editions so far.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump again

Comment

So non-cable channels?

UPN is a non-cable network channel - However were I live the UPN station signal is not strong enough to get clear reception. So I get my UPN feed on satellite.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

syndicated = To sell (a television series, for example) directly to independent stations.

Basically if say Channel 9 (an ABC station where I am) has a 1 hour timeslot they want to fill at 4:00 PM or 1:00 AM or whenever the network itself is not broadcasting its stuff they can fill this time with whatever they like. Often times they buy shows in Syndication such as Friends, Darma & Greg, Farscape, or Stargate and then air those shows during the available free time. The other option are to air the paid advertising or their own news specials.

Cable networks like USA, TNT and others will also by shows in Syndication and play them when they have available timeslots. So Syndication is not specific to cable or non-cable stations.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

bump

Comment

Yey! I am excited! I hope it gets lot of viewers!
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                          X