Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I'm not a Ronan fan and I don't generally care for Ronan episodes. I will say that on this rewatching I enjoyed this episode more than I have in the past.

This is Maj. Lorne's first appearance on SGA. I really like Lorne. Kavan Smith likes to say he had no character, and I'll admit we don't get anything much in the way of a backstory, but I disagree that he's a totally empty shell. Lorne seems like a good man to have around in a fight or off duty. And with the exit of Bates and Ford we really did need some other military personnel we could recognize or it would seem like Shep was the commander of no one.

And speaking of so long Ford, yeah don't let the iris hit your butt on the way out. We have a cooler kid in town now to take your place. Too bad. The writers finally started giving him something to do and then dropped him like a hot potato. Personally, I think they were lazy and didn't want to try and make Ford someone to hang on too. (They were too busy going for the lame jokes with McKay.)

Ronan gets more backstory in the first five minutes of his introduction than Ford got after an entire year. If I were being generous I'd say they learned from their mistakes. However, after this he just becomes the big dumb muscle and all further character development is off the table.
    He had several other eps with good character development, such as Sateda and the ones where he met the other surviving satedans..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      He had several other eps with good character development, such as Sateda and the ones where he met the other surviving satedans..
      You mean the exact same character points we got in his first episode? Because that's what those other eps were IMO.

Comment

I generally dislike McKay. If he is annoying in the average episode then he is super annoying in this episode. He whining and moaning with Lorne and then Ford really annoyed me. Why couldn't Ford put us out of our misery and just shoot him. It didn't have to be a kill shot. A shot in the knee knocking him unconscious would have been fine with me. I was much more interested in the introduction of Ronon and his relationship between Sheppherd and Teyla. It was interesting to see Ronon running from the Wraith for 7 years. I can't imagine the tramua that and watching his people die had on Ronon. Its an interesting dynamic to show a character who has been void of social contact for so long. They probably should of gone with that isolation aspect of Ronon instead of him being a carbon copy of Teyla
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The Ford story seemed a little out of control.

Ronan, first time I've seen him, and I like him (but can he be trusted?)

And it was some good writing in this ep.

Last edited by Cluas; 14 February 2013, 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I like this episode. It was nice seeing one of my favorite vampires. I guess that makes 4 Sanctuary people so far. I'm a fan of Ronin and liked his fights and gun play here. I kind of liked normal Ford. Crazt Ford is interesting at times but I would rather have the regular joe Ford. That type of character is lacking in scifi in general.

The runner story reminded a bit of the DS9 episode with the alien born to run from a different group of aliens. Now that think about I can think of a couple similar stories. There was this one story I read as a kid where some guy caused ships to crash on his private island and then he would hunt the survivors.

Even though I like this episode I think Shep should have shot Ronin when he had him dead to rights in the sniper cross hairs. I think it would have been in character.

The best moment was the fight between Ronin and Ford. Lots of good action there.

Comment

One of my favourite episodes Ronan is the man
              sigpic
              Kenton Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
                One of my favourite episodes Ronan is the man
                I like the friendship chemistry between Ronan and Shep... could've been interesting if they'd ended up on opposite sides..

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Compulsive Spelling Nazi stepping in here - Ronon. With an "O." Thank you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    lol... I didn't even notice that I'd done that... lol ... I get that was when people don't spell Skaara properly and I used to get that way with Sha'uri and Sha're, but now I use that as a way to differ them from the movie and tv series...
                    Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 20 January 2014, 02:28 PM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
                      lol... I didn't even notice that I'd done that... lol ... I get that was when people don't spell Skaara properly and I used to get that way with Shau'ri and Sha're, but now I use that as a way to differ them from the movie and tv series...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Can I get an 'amen'!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Love this episode! Great intro and back story for Ronon! I love Lorne, and he tolerates McKay fairly well.

I personally cannot stand Ford, so it is good that this is the beginning of the end for him ( in my opinion, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post

I personally cannot stand Ford, so it is good that this is the beginning of the end for him ( in my opinion, of course).
                            That's what I thought too when I watched that ep, so you are not alone with that opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                              That's what I thought too when I watched that ep, so you are not alone with that opinion
                              It's so nice to be in good company.

Comment

this is a case where i would say use ford, let him have his crazy high squad of killers, if they want to be used to fight the wraith, do not trust them with anything except a secure trade world or a alpha and beta base,

that would coordinate primarily with just them, and would feature a useful zone to filter some new acquired world contacts to for trading.... in fact thats the mistake... the first thing they should have done is establish 3 to 4 off world bases with minimal assets involved in, no naquadah generators,

just whatever they can rig up on them and use them to meet people from other worlds on, and perhaps have a secure trade world set up as well to establish and keep contact with people, preferably a naturally secure world that doesnt allow travel to easily due to space issues... but they were desperate and didnt have a proper space ship with fast hyperdrive and asgard sensors sooo eh

although if they were willing to risk it having two worlds, each with a skeleton crew and a single jumper they kept cloaked and with two pilots in, they could have properly safeguarded and watched over two bases while allowing trade through, perhaps risk two puddle jumpers at the main world... but it is a risk to even permenantly deploy one of those much less 4, but it would have better protected atlantis and prevented the gennii attempted invasion etc

Comment

Working...
                                X