• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runner (203)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

Sheppard and his team attempt to locate Lieutenant Ford, only to find themselves captives of a former soldier who is being hunted by the Wraith.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:07 PM.

YAY... Ford is back. I cant wait to see what happens with the runner.

Comment

Things are looking up for season two. Ronon is a cool character (Though maybe a little too deliberately so). And, it takes damn good acting to make a cliche not look like one.

I also find it interesting to see Ford balance his clear instability with his wish to prove his worth to Atlantis. He feels nigh-invincible at the moment and probably thinks he can kill all the wraithe singlehandedly.

It'll be interesting to see how both plotlines play out.

My only criticism of this episode is that the whole setup to bring Ronon to Atlantis seemed a tad too deliberate. But it hasn't got me constantly eye-rolling like the Ori.

Comment

Another fantastic episode this night. Stargate goodness abounds.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

OMG I love Ford in this episode

great from beggining to end

I cant make a desision on Ronon though...... he seems cool but i will wait a few episodes

Comment

Another good episode - I liked that some of Ford's personality showed through his instability.

I'm really looking forward to next week's episode - but the choice of clips in the promos/previews so far has been... interesting - brief and not very comprehensive (actually, this is probably good, as it gives nothing away).

Comment

Runner was awesome. Another hit for Atlantis!

*Ford was back! Still the same little kid from Season 1, except for the violent outbusts.
              *Major Lorne and Rodney...Lorne could be a good character
              *JM did a good job as Ronan Dex, I like the character a lot and the glimpse into his past
              *I MISS FORD! ANd seeing him cracking jokes and still worrying about Atlantis makes me happy!!

This episode just rocked! Totally 9/10. BUT I cannot wait for Duet, which could be SGA's Window of Opportunity.

Comment

I almost hate to say this, since I think, 9 times out of 10, a show's creator usually writes some of a series best episodes; but if this is how he's going to write McKay, I hope RCC doesn't do anymore episodes.

I like the series overall, but if McKay is written poorly, I have a hard time with an episode. I think the characterization of McKay requires the careful toeing of a line that is far too easily crossed, as demonstrated both by this episode and Sanctuary (which also had the misfortune of complete miswriting the character of Sheppard, IMO). And this episode not only crossed the line, it barreled full-throttle out of sight, to the point that I was cringing at almost every one of his scenes. I think McKay is good when he's as endearing in his own respect as he is whiny, and that there's something to compensate for his overbearing personality. I felt the episode failed to acknowledge the character progression over the last year or so and regressed his back to his 48 Hours days.

Other than that, I thought it was fair; Ronen Dex has more potential for depth than Ford (no offense to RSF; I just think the character was never very strongly written or established). And I liked Beckett, at least... I was actually also enjoying Teyla practicing diplomacy with Ronen; I think it could be a good character trait exercised and developed for her.

But overall, I'm feeling to annoyed by the writing of McKay, so I intend to store this episode away along with Sanctuary in the "let us never speak of it again" category.

Did other McKay fans feel this way, or am I alone in my thinking?
                Metroids are not pets
                Metroids are not for target practice
                Any unauthorized feeding of metroids is prohibited

Comment

RSF was great in this episode, I mean you could see the conflict in Ford. One moment, this crazy, gung-ho solider that wants to take on the Wraith single handed and the next moment, you could see the happy go lucky Ford from last season. I think its a brilliant direction to take Ford and give him some depth that was sorely lacking last season.

I'm also interested in what they will do with Ronon. He seems to be a tough guy, basically a fighter but I hope the writers add some depth to him. Mckay seemed to whine too much this episode for my tastes about the only thing I didn't like about this episode.

Comment

I loved Ford in this episode. RSF is a great actor. I aslo liked Ronan, but I think I'll wait a few eps before making a definite decision. I'll agree though that McKay was poorly written, at least in the beginning. The second half of the ep he got better. Overall though, a great ep, which makes two for two this week.
                    Last edited by DANIquinn; 29 July 2005, 06:19 PM.

And that's my two cents...
                    My LiveJournal
                    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Is Duet still next week? I couldn't tell anything from the preview.

Tonight's ep was lovely and funny. I was glad to see more of the snarky old McKay and his interactions with Ford were telling, sweet, and amusing. He was less than brave tonight (as compared with how he dealt with Kolya) but under the circumstances, I don't blame him. Exhausted, scared, and he didn't really want to shoot Ford....

I like Dex for now...as long as he doesn't take too much screen time away from Sheppard and McKay.

I did miss the Sheppard and McKay banter tonight.

Comment

To an extent. The whole radiation suit was a bit much, but I didn't think he was as bad in this one as when he hit the magazine eject in Seige III. Point and click interface, Rodney, you should have the hang of that at least. :b

Comment

All I can say is, what the hell are they doing to McKay's character? Was it really necessary to turn him into some sort of clownish comic relief? I'm incredibly disappointed. He's my favorite character, and his development in S1 was wonderful. Now he's just a cartoon caricature, whiny and hapless. I just don't get it.

Comment

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but did anyone notice when McKay had the radiation suite on he complained that he was hot, but when he removed the helmet you could see his breath? (newbie here, please be kind)
                            Dave's Fan

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek
                              I almost hate to say this, since I think, 9 times out of 10, a show's creator usually writes some of a series best episodes; but if this is how he's going to write McKay, I hope RCC doesn't do anymore episodes.

I like the series overall, but if McKay is written poorly, I have a hard time with an episode. I think the characterization of McKay requires the careful toeing of a line that is far too easily crossed, as demonstrated both by this episode and Sanctuary (which also had the misfortune of complete miswriting the character of Sheppard, IMO). And this episode not only crossed the line, it barreled full-throttle out of sight, to the point that I was cringing at almost every one of his scenes. I think McKay is good when he's as endearing in his own respect as he is whiny, and that there's something to compensate for his overbearing personality. I felt the episode failed to acknowledge the character progression over the last year or so and regressed his back to his 48 Hours days.

[snippage]

But overall, I'm feeling to annoyed by the writing of McKay, so I intend to store this episode away along with Sanctuary in the "let us never speak of it again" category.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. The broad slapstick is stupid, it's making McKay look stupid, and I hate it.

McKay is hilarious when he's not being used as comic relief. The comic relief thing is just painful. I wish they would stop it. I cringed with the clip-ejecting moment in "Siege III", and with the transporter moment in "Intruder", and now, practically with this entire episode. What happened to the McKay from "Brotherhood" or even "38 Minutes"?

The rest of the ep was okay, but it was completely overshadowed by my disappointment.

Sindet

Comment

Working...
                              X