The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it like 5 times in a row
    Very nice, though as pointed out there are a number of oddities showing up, like the ZPM dropping from an allmighty power source we seeked for months to something that barely keeps the light bulbs on...
    I'd say maybe McKay was overestimating the needs of the shield... That or those bad aliens evolved technologically in 10000 years. Oh well, humans did, why not them.

Now, there is something about those ancients I don't like much... they are too much like humans. Or the other way round. I mean they like single-use-throw-away stuff much like we do, and I still have to see them use any form of renewable energy :-(((
    But I guess that's a thread on its own.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Does anyone else find it odd that the Wraith didn't even attempt to send down scouting parties to sift through the wreckage?
    McKay whispered "They're scanning us" right after activating cloaking. We can assume that was enough to them, and maybe they were getting hungry

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    A city that has traversed millions of lightyears and outlasted both a previous Wraith war and thousands of years under water?
    Using the shield...

Comment

Hermoid face reaction when Ford was beamed inside the dedalus is priceless

Comment

As a kind of tribute to SGA, as a kind of acknowledgment of that “MORE!” feeling I get at the end of episode, as a demonstration for my own irrepressible love for continuity and complexity, and (above all) as something that sounds kind of fun, I bring you:

Standback Sequels the Siege

in which I make up a hypothetical and entirely nonexistent sequel to the season premiere. I intend to keep up this practice for future episodes as well, for as long as I have time to write them in a timely fashion after each episode.

Disclaimer: I am in no way or fashion associated with TBTP (beyond my obvious ongoing position as Adoring Fan). I have not read any spoilers for future episodes. I hold no claim over this content, and can make no demands whatsoever even if similar or identical ideas and/or dialogue are used in future episodes. Disclaimers are fun and educational; Friend Computer says so.

“Façade”

The Wraith now believe Atlantis has been destroyed; its survivors few if any. Yet with Atlantis resuming normal operations throughout the Pegasus Galaxy, it is only a matter of time before the Wraith begin to notice them. And when they do, they will search for the humans’ base. And they will find Atlantis.
        Unless drastic measures are taken.

(Briefing Room)
        McKay: The Wraith think we’re dead. And you know, I think I’ll sleep a lot more soundly at night if they just keep right on thinking that.
        Weir: It can’t last, Rodney. But this is our opportunity to stay one step ahead of them for a change. People, I want to start hearing some suggestions.
        To maintain the deception, they must carry it even further.

(Forest, trashed “Base of Operations”)
        Bates (on recording): …and remember, men, the Daedalus is still out there, somewhere, watching out for us. Our next rendezvous with your cell will be at P3X-9320. Bates out.
        (The screen goes blank. Sheppard and Bates exchange concerned glances. Sheppard taps the player; the disk pops back out. Sheppard pockets it.)
        Sheppard: Think it’ll work? Think the Wraith’ll buy Atlantis going guerilla?
        Bates: They damn well better.
        Until they carry it…

(Sheppard and Bates running through the forest; shots around them in all directions)
        …further than they’d ever expected.

(Wraith ship. Sheppard and Bates encased in Wraith webbing)
        Wraith: You will speak. Where are your other remaining bases?
        (Sheppard spits)
        Sheppard: Go to hell.
        (cut to Atlantis
        Weir: The cover isn’t important anymore. Get Sheppard back. (and cut back to
        Sheppard: I won’t tell you anything.
        (cut Weir: Whatever the cost.
        (cut to Sheppard and Wraith Sheppard: Atlantis has fallen, but (grim determination) it will rise again.
        All this and more in an all-new nonexistent episode of Stargate: Atlantis!
        That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

Just watched the episode again... Is it me or when the Deadalus landed, it landed on water.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw the episode. That was amazing. I was thinking, in answer to some of the questions about how Ford could pilot the juimper, he's only on a drug, he isn't actually a Wraith.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
              Just watched the episode again... Is it me or when the Deadalus landed, it landed on water.
              It landed on a platform.

Comment

Rodney was so adorable in the scene where he pointed the gun
                Spoiler:
                at the wraith, and the clip fell out. Is it just me, or did it look like his pants almost slipped down?

A major weakness in the plot.
                Spoiler:
                Caldwell really should have beamed down more than two military. After all, everything depended on getting that shield up. If Atlantis had been destroyed, Caldwell would have had a lot of explaining to do when returning to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                  Rodney was so adorable in the scene where he pointed the gun
                  Spoiler:
                  at the wraith, and the clip fell out. Is it just me, or did it look like his pants almost slipped down?

A major weakness in the plot.
                  Spoiler:
                  Caldwell really should have beamed down more than two military. After all, everything depended on getting that shield up. If Atlantis had been destroyed, Caldwell would have had a lot of explaining to do when returning to Earth.
                  Another thread was wondering if Rodney would ever kill a Wraith. He's been given the opportunity a couple of times (The Siege III, The Defiant One), but circumstances have always cheated him out of actually doing one in.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Rodney was so adorable in the scene where he pointed the gun at the wraith, and the clip fell out. Is it just me, or did it look like his pants almost slipped down?
                    It was not adorable, it was stupid. Rodney in season 1 while unsure as to when to use a weapon knew how to use one, and in season 2 has been shown numerous times to be inept at it. He would not be allowed to carry a gun if he wasn't properly trained in it. Magazines don't just fall out they have to be seated incorrectly which can infrequently happen after a reload, but we didn't see that. And even when it did, he should have had at least two additional magazines to change to which he would have instinctively done per his training. He previously in The Defiant One showed he was proficient enough in firearms to unload a magazine into a wraith from at least 10 yards (which to get all into a target is not so easy) so the fact that he seems unable to handle one months later seems like just a foil from the writers to make him look stupid.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Runner
                      Spoiler:
                      He was also competent enough to shoot Ford in what should have been an injurious but non-fatal way.
                      The scene is Siege 3 was good for laugh value, but it was inconsistent with the character. Or I think so, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                        It was not adorable, it was stupid. Rodney in season 1 while unsure as to when to use a weapon knew how to use one, and in season 2 has been shown numerous times to be inept at it. He would not be allowed to carry a gun if he wasn't properly trained in it. Magazines don't just fall out they have to be seated incorrectly which can infrequently happen after a reload, but we didn't see that. And even when it did, he should have had at least two additional magazines to change to which he would have instinctively done per his training. He previously in The Defiant One showed he was proficient enough in firearms to unload a magazine into a wraith from at least 10 yards (which to get all into a target is not so easy) so the fact that he seems unable to handle one months later seems like just a foil from the writers to make him look stupid.
                        Keep in mind, Rodney had been several days without sleep, had been on stimulants and whatever else.

Comment

McKay annoys me. I like him better with Carter around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                            McKay annoys me. I like him better with Carter around.
                            I really like McKay, but I think after last season and the early episodes from this one, I'm getting a little sick of always hearing from him. I'd like it not to be so McKay/Shep heavy the second half of season two.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

Comment

I don't know. Right now, they've had a big Sheppard Episode, maybe two with Aurora, two big McKay episodes. We need a big Weir episode.

Comment

I don't know. Right now, they've had a big Sheppard Episode, maybe two with Aurora, two big McKay episodes. We need a big Weir episode.
                                Weir had a lot to do in "Conversion". I actually consider this more of her episode than Sheppard's to tell you the truth -- Torri Higginson stole the show. We need a Ronon or a Teyla one, but I don't think we're going to get it until January.

Comment

Working...
                                X