Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsmetheuglykid View Post
    So during this episode Sam explains that the power device used to dial the 8 chevron asgard home world address was made by the asgard, when in reality it was made by Colonel O'neill when he stuck his head in that ancient head sucker. (You know....knowledge of the Ancients/Lantians/Alterans!) Does anyone know why they would have written that little detail so... WRONG!?
    Because TPTB don't care about that kind of consistency, and it worked better for this plot to bring in the Asgard.

Only rabid fans care about consistency.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      Only rabid fans care about consistency.
      Hey! I represent that comment.

Comment

So do I, Brother Freyr.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Not my ep at all - but the line about the two Carters is good.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

I enjoyed this one, but then I'm a S&J shipper.
            sigpic

Comment

This was always one of my favorites from when I was younger. I would watch this one over and over again. I loved Sam as a character so having two of her was just wonderful to me, lol. I just watched this again last night before bed for the first time in several years. Now that I'm older and can appreciate the subtitles of the art of acting, I'm just blown away by Amanda's ability to bring two separate but similar characters to life. So wonderful.

Comment

Seemed to like it in 2013 -- but 2018 is clearly another matter.

Still very much annoyed with AT's wig -- the hair- and make-up team lost a few stitches there. Not literally of course, but figuratively speaking. At one point the glue-line is visible. Makes for an odd wrinkle on Doctor Carter's forehead. It's distracting (much like the wig in general -- it looks weird).

It's an alternate reality story -- it sure took them long enough to use that mirror again, but really not a fan -- at all -- of Sam/Jack in any reality. To be perfectly fair, I hate it with the power of a 1000 suns.
                Doctor Carter was way too clingy with Jack and everything felt really, really weird and awkward... and just no...

I did like Daniel playing with the mirror, with the help of Kawalsky. The 2 Carters fiddling in the lab, and getting the power generator to work. Teal'c killing his evil twin. Apophis' alternate universe look -- nope!
                And of course, the alternate universe Asgard save the day. All is well that ends well.

How would you rate SG-1's "Point of View?"

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And we never saw our homemade ZPM again

I don't hate it but I don't love it. I've never been sold on Jack/Sam so those scenes make me want to run for my barf bucket. It has a lot of action with us running around the Goa'uld SGC but overall it feels like we have already done this. I call this episode a fair
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    And we never saw our homemade ZPM again
                    Shame really -- MacGuyver would be proud of the build.

Comment

Jigsaw-time: Point Of View

The 3-episode quiz: Legacy, Learning Curve & Point Of View
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 28 January 2018, 03:39 PM. Reason: Adding the link to the quiz.

Comment

You should make a 10 episode quiz just to make it real challenging. It will be like when we were in school and I promise not to cheat off aretood
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

You should make a 10 episode quiz just to make it real challenging. It will be like when we were in school and I promise not to cheat off aretood
                          I've watched enough episodes that I could do that.

Comment

That is my point. We went way beyond 3 episodes this week. Let's make if challenging. *looks at aretood's answers*
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That is my point. We went way beyond 3 episodes this week. Let's make if challenging. *looks at aretood's answers*
                              Okay, I'll get it done... Since I'm up to Pretense, it'll therefore be every episode from 307 to Pretense.

Comment

Really FH, a spelling question? Now I'm angry with you. I got 13/15 and 7 minutes and 15 seconds.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X