No announcement yet.

Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, i watching PoV on Sci-Fi monday, and they Quantum mirror makes a very simlar sound to the Atlantis gate's dialing sound in one of the scenes. More evidance that the mirror was a product of Ancient tech?

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

This episode gave me the willis. it actually kind of scare me. oh my god. it's a great episode but to see how General Hammond was being torture and seen the sgc so destroy and know that all the humans are being enslave by the ghoa'uld it just i can't even imagine what that must feel like. it makes me think of this reallity and i would never want something like this to happend to us. i'm probably going crazy since i'm talking like this realities are real.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
        I'm calm. I just get a little annoyed when people make silly assumptions that BLATANTLY CONTRADICT what we see on screen.

Seriously folks do you think STAFF WEAPONS are powered by ZERO POINT MODULES?!?!?!?
        Yeah, and besides, those things were just as one-time-use as the "homemade gate" from Ascension, so trying to build 'em again just wouldn't be at all helpful for the Atlantis crew.

"Alright, we got power to the shield! Now... d@m#, the thing just lost power!" Also, since it's not a ZPM, there's no way it'd plug into any of the slots that real ZPMs go in.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

("There But For The Grace Of God"), and ("Point of View"),

Who opened the stargate in these two universes. Jackson is not known to SCG, in either is universes.

It seems in the "Point of View reality," SCG is more reliant of the quantum mirror than the stargate. The Hammond in THIS universe seemed to think the quantum mirror is a good thing. The quantum mirror saved their world.

In a reality without Neill and Teal'c, I wonder what happens now?
          Who will be THEIR SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by line17
            Who will be THEIR SG-1?
            Kawalsky gets my vote. He deserves the opportunity to serve his country properly and not get a junior symbiote through the ear.
            sigpic

Comment

What Sam was hotter?
              Did the alt. Sam call the SGC, SGA (Stargate Atlantis)

Comment

I think SGA in her reality would have been 'Stargate Area'(or something. I'm not sure how well developed Atlantis was in the writers minds circa S3.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Better, but still not very good. This one rates as the worst one she's had though.
                  Really not that good....lol the one in New Order made me laugh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer
                    What Sam was hotter?
                    Did the alt. Sam call the SGC, SGA (Stargate Atlantis)
                    Yeah,I thought that too?Were the hinting to Atlantis

Comment

No, they just had a slightly different name, instead of StarGate Command, it was probably like StarGate Administration.

I really liked this episode. I usually always enjoy alternate reality stories.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
                        No, they just had a slightly different name, instead of StarGate Command, it was probably like StarGate Administration.

I really liked this episode. I usually always enjoy alternate reality stories.
                        Yes,I have to say I have always liked the alternate SG realitys.

Comment

i loved all the AU eps. this one in particular, only because it sort of showed us that there was hope for Sam and Jack. but then it took them waaaaaaaaaaay to long in our universe.
                          Save us from danger, save us from evil
                          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by AncientKnowledge
                            Really not that good....lol the one in New Order made me laugh!!!
                            Yeah, in "New Order" her short hair is sticking through the long wig!

It's always so entertaining when characters are having a conversation with another form of themselves. There was an episode of The Next Generation like that, where the found that Will Riker had somehow been duplicated.

I'm always speculative... perhaps Jack didn't go back to the right world afterall... maybe he switched worlds with another Jack from a reality where the only difference was he had decided to have decaf coffee instead of regular for breakfast?? In one reality, "Captain" Carter was waiting for him, so there was at least one other Jack using the quantum mirror at the time.
                            Elando na coinya!

Comment

This was a seriously cool episode,the idea of sending people to an alternate reality is well thought out. Even at the end I was wondering have they gone back to the right one?
                              The bit where daniel see's sam on the other side of the mirror and notices she's only a captain in that reality makes me laugh every time.
                              I think the best bit is that the whole thing is a team effort, all the characters get a piece of the action,that always makes a good episode in my eyes.
                              It was good to see kowalski back in the thick of it again!
                              I wish jack could have seen thor in this alternate reality and made a joke about it....ah well!

Comment

Originally posted by SmartEagle
                                It's always so entertaining when characters are having a conversation with another form of themselves. There was an episode of The Next Generation like that, where the found that Will Riker had somehow been duplicated.
                                I know what you mean - it must have been fun for both AT and the episode editor to get the words 'Blow up' out of both Sams at exactly the same moment, though.

I also liked the way that they had one Sam holding the newly re-built power boosting doohickey and the other one switched it on. It was beautifully done and looked beyond convincing. At least it did to me - I certainly couldn't see any joins/superimposition or whatnot.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X