Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. That's good. Very accurate.

PS, I like that picture you've got. "Wait till January for new episodes? Insolence!" Very good.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      PS, I like that picture you've got. "Wait till January for new episodes? Insolence!" Very good.
      Thanks. You know that's what she's thinking there.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        She needs a better wig. The one from New Order was pretty bad too. [/I].
        Though I thought the New Order one was infinitely better than the one in this ep.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Though I thought the New Order one was infinitely better than the one in this ep.
          Better, but still not very good. This one rates as the worst one she's had though.

Comment

Agreed.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

In the Unanswered questions section of the analysis for this episode, it asks: "Why did the SGC never attempt to use quantum mirror after Daniel returned from the alternate reality? " Listen my subjects for I hold the answer.

In the episode which the quantum mirror was discovered ("There But For The Grace Of God"), Danial found the controlling device next to the mirror. When he took it with him, he left it in the SGC in his rush to get to the gate because of the Goa'uld attack. He was able to return beause, as Kawolski explains in "Point of View", the mirror will keep two alternate realities connected until the device severs the connection, which Danial never did on his first trip.

Obviously, we can't even begin to try to make our own controlling device for the quantum mirror, so that may be why it was kept in Area 51.

Also in the Unanswered Questions section, it asks about the device Jack made. He made it using parts he found around the base and it was declared dead after O'Neill used it to go to the Asgard's homeworld. With two Carters open to build a copy of it, they could easily figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
                Here's something that troubles me. In "The Fifth Race", O'Neil built a power source to gate to the Asgards galaxy. In this episode, Carter and Carter were able to get it working again. Now that inter-galactic gate travel is going to be occuring more and more, why hasn't this tech been considered?
                Yeah I was wondering that too. Spoilers for later seasons:
                Spoiler:
                After all this thing is basicly a homemade Z.P.M. right? So why couldn't they build more so they could gate back and forth from Atlantis or make the weapons in the Ancient outpost in Anactica active again? Or make the shields and weapons on Atlantis active again. Although granted if they did they would miss out on several cool stories.

Comment

Wow, this is cool ! I chose this ep as my first FULL episode to analyse from my "Directing Notes for the Insane". I actually started the thread on other web sites summer '04 and just now on Gate World and then I saw YOUR post!
                  VERY Interesting!

Gillian
                  "Then the traveler in the dark, thanks you for your tiny spark. How would he know which way to go, if you did not twinkle so?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Jawa
                    Yeah I was wondering that too. Spoilers for later seasons:
                    Spoiler:
                    After all this thing is basicly a homemade Z.P.M. right? So why couldn't they build more so they could gate back and forth from Atlantis or make the weapons in the Ancient outpost in Anactica active again? Or make the shields and weapons on Atlantis active again. Although granted if they did they would miss out on several cool stories.
                    I'm pretty sure it's not a homemade ZPM, it rather just uses all the energy from a staff-weapon in a flash, rather than a shot at the time.

What energy was used in seconds to open the stargate to Ida, might have been enough to power the staff-weapon for eons...

Comment

Look I;ve said in muerouis threads: I've said in the 5th race thread:

THAT DEVICE IS NOT A ZPM

Clear? It a naquadah generator supped up to use all it's energy in to short powerful bursts.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Eeeeasy there, Mr. Wraith. Calm down big fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                          Eeeeasy there, Mr. Wraith. Calm down big fella.
                          I'm calm. I just get a little annoyed when people make silly assumptions that BLATANTLY CONTRADICT what we see on screen.

Seriously folks do you think STAFF WEAPONS are powered by ZERO POINT MODULES?!?!?!?
                          Last edited by Crazedwraith; 25 January 2005, 08:52 AM. Reason: typos stemming from my deep rooted annoyance
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

This ranks as one of my favourite episodes. The sheer poignancy of AlternateSam's relationship with AlternateJack - and how it affects her when she finds herself in a world where RealJack is both alive and well, the Goa'uld aren't taking over, but he's not her Jack. (*sniffles*)

Agree about the syrup, though. It's not as good as the one in 'There but for the Grace of God'!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              I'm calm. I just get a little annoyed when people make silly assumptions that BLATANTLY CONTRADICT what we see on screen.

Seriously folks do you think STAFF WEAPONS are powered by ZERO POINT MODULES?!?!?!?

I think they do. Just kidding, trying to see if i can't get you to type a post in frustration again.

Anyways loved this ep. Got to see Kwalsky again and i love every ep with him. Also loved Teal'c killing him self and SG-1 gets to bring about the defeat of Apophis again. Do you think though that the Asgard just killed him? Doesn't seem like their style.

Comment

Also loved Teal'c killing him self and SG-1 gets to bring about the defeat of Apophis again. Do you think though that the Asgard just killed him? Doesn't seem like their style.
                                Nah. They probably bunged him back onto the Mothership while it was retreating ('Run away! Run away!'). That seems a bit more Asgard-ish. Particularly as they were nice enough to resurrect AlternateHammond like that.

As Jack said 'You gotta love those guys!'
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X