Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Origin (903)

Stargate Origin (903)

Visit the Episode GuideSG-1 SEASON NINE
    ORIGIN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 903

Daniel comes face to face with the Ori, a fiery race of beings who demand the worship of mortals. Elsewhere, Stargate Command encounters the first Ori missionary in our galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by GateWorld; December 14th, 2014 at 03:25 PM.

Default Re: Origin (903)

I cant wait to see what these ori got for us. This episode made me alot more excited for this season 9. YAY!!!!

Chief Master Sergeant

I think I know where they're going for with this. You see, they want to make villains who are similar enough to Christians to piss off Christian protest groups enough to try to get the show banned.

It's like Grand Theft Auto. When angry mothers started complaining about it, sales went way up. So the Stargate writers are trying to get the same kind of press for Stargate, thinking ratings will go up. Brilliant.

These guys are just as over the top as the gu'ald but with less engaging personalities. I don't think the Ori are very interesting villains. And honestly, I'm not interested at all to see how this plays out. It looks to me like Ori won't be able to attack them directly, but they will be able to send armies (Because of the other ancients).

Wow...I just thought of something. In the Stargate world, there really *is* a war against men of faith! (Unlike the real world, where that's all a bunch of crap).

This was an excellent episode. The Ori scare me way more than the Goa'uld ever did. As Malcolm Reynolds once said "Nothing worse than a monster who thinks he's right with God." These guys aren't pretenders like the Gould, they are True Believers. Much, MUCH more dangerous.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

ONE WORD AWSOME!!!!! I can't wait to read what you all think! I LOVE the acting it is so goooddddd!

Chief Master Sergeant

Ack, O'Neill doesn't have enough TIG to make Major General. :b

One could argue that they represent Muslims, or Jews. Y'know, since they all preach the same things. Don't go labeling it anti-Christian half-cocked. But this isn't the Politics board, so I digress.

The alabaster Rings were pretty neat.

Oh, my, god! From beginning to end, this episode was amazing!

Somewhere between insane and that other one...

Man that ep rocked! The Ori are creepier than the Goa'uld and the Replicaters put together. I can't wait to see more of them.

And that's my two cents...
    My LiveJournal
    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Small planet with no Stargate where people believe they are the only humans

Origin Thoughts? Comments?

Hey guys, Just be aware of the discussion of this episode but I am wondering if anyone else believes that The Origin has truely begun season 9 of SG1 and the way RDA was exited truely does allow for the show to continue with great ratings and stories.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

I liked the episode, but omg, the Ori is one thing... "ANNOYING"

I forgot their exact 'phrase' that they used the most... something to the Ori, or whatever. That one thing annoyed me the most.

I'm so happy General Landry's arrogancy level went down a notch, my feelings towards him changed during this episode.

It was nice to see RDA.

I was impressed. They seem back on track with a great plot. Not that I wasn't very excited about this season but I'm definitely reassured now. Avalon 1 was Ok, Avalon 2 was better but this last episode really clarified the direction they're taking.

I really miss Carter though. Can't wait for her to come back.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Default Re: Origin Thoughts? Comments?

I thought Avalon was pretty decent. I missed RDA, but the story was okay.

However, I HATED Origin. Yuck!

Maybe I'll mellow, but after eight plus years of being a fan, I think I'm done.

Sniff, sniff...
    Happy
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...50/HappySJ.jpg
    Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Somewhere between insane and that other one...

Quote Originally Posted by MarshAngel
    I really miss Carter though. Can't wait for her to come back.
    I do too. That was the only real problem with the episode, no Carter. I kept expecting her to show up even though I knew she wouldn't.

And that's my two cents...
    My LiveJournal
    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DANIquinn
    I do too. That was the only real problem with the episode, no Carter. I kept expecting her to show up even though I knew she wouldn't.
    I know! I was also expecting our little smart super blonde would show up too! I think that was one of the few cons for the episode for me.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe Singollo
    It was nice to see RDA.
    I would have to disagree here. The little snippets of Jack in these episodes is a Jack I never knew. The guy looks half asleep. I love Jack but if he is going to sleepwalk through his scenes then he shouldn't be around at all. The word that comes to mind is "sad".

On the episode, it was GREAT. Unlike some past seasons, this one appears to be getting better and better with each episode.

Megasnake

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthespirit
    I think I know where they're going for with this. You see, they want to make villains who are similar enough to Christians to piss off Christian protest groups enough to try to get the show banned.
    Interesting thought. So how are the Ori similar to Christians? Even if you draw the parallels to the Crusades and the Inquisition, that's hardly something I think current Christians would want to identify themselves with. It would be like them saying "Look at how horribly hypocritical we used to be...." And of course there have been (and possibly currently are) other religions that teach that all nonbelievers should be killed as well. I just don't see anything in the makeup of the Ori that couldn't be applied to virtually every major religion throughout history at one point or another. There probably have been exceptions, but I'm not an expert.

I think this is the drama that some folks have been looking for so far this season. Me likey.
    The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...6/stargate.jpg

Yes, i can relate that the action is good. But i guess in all honestly when the Start of SG1 came around I was really excited and then i didnt like the way it started out. Still to this day my least favorite Season is Season 1 of SG1, with the exception of Major Story Arcs. As the seasons progressed the stories became better. Atlantis seems to of been the same way IMO. The Season 9 start is like a new show. Stargate The Next Generation if you will. Just give it time. As always... Hallowed are the Ori. Why wouldnt SG1 Season 9 will be just.

Maybe i'm stepping on some toes, but there's a little thread devoted to episode discussions, unless this thread is for a different purpose?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ewpost&t=13899

Chief Master Sergeant BruceDickinson's Avatar

This was a great episode, but I agree with the Christian comment to an extent. Maybe they want to be a Blue state show? JK

Really though, they have set up great potential for this season through these first 3 episodes.

ehh i dunno ill jump over there from now on i just wanted to know if people still think the season will be a fluke like some do. Not really any peticulars

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast