Origin (903)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    For all those, unable to hear one more "Hallowed are the Ori", you seem quite okay with a singular "amen".
    Given that "amen" just means "let it be", I'm fine with that while "hallowed are the Ori" grates.

I despise the introduction of the Ori not because they're incredible villains but because SG-1 doesn't lose more often. And because I watch TV for escape, and I don't find no-win situations enjoyable to watch (especially when the heroes, unrealistically, win).

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Okay, "Praise the Lord" then...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Okay, "Praise the Lord" then...
        You called me?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

They have introduced the ATA gene in Atlantis season 1. Somehow I have always missed that they will talk about it regarding the Ori galaxy. If the Ori and the Ancients have evolved in the same galaxy then does it mean that all "humans" are ATA gene carriers too? Or was there a secondary evolution too and they are "just" humans? Or have the Ancients evolved into a different race during millions of years?
          Last edited by Platschu; 20 July 2020, 07:36 AM.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            They have introduced the ATA gene in Atlantis season 1. Somehow I have always missed that they will talk about regarding the Ori galaxy. If the Ori and the Ancients have evolved in the same galaxy then does it mean that all "humans" are ATA gene carriers too? Or was there a secondary evolution too and they are "just" humans? Or have the Ancients evolved into a different race during millions of years?
            The Ori said they created the humans in their galaxy. Whether they created them with the ATA gene or if that gene even existed prior to the Ancient-Ori split, I have no clue. It's also unknown whether they did so by allowing them to evolve from an existing animal population or through some other means. They're not another species, though. They should be, but in Stargate the Ancients stopped evolving physically and instead evolved mentally over the course of millions of years.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              You called me?

They have introduced the ATA gene in Atlantis season 1. Somehow I have always missed that they will talk about regarding the Ori galaxy. If the Ori and the Ancients have evolved in the same galaxy then does it mean that all "humans" are ATA gene carriers too? Or was there a secondary evolution too and they are "just" humans? Or have the Ancients evolved into a different race during millions of years?
              The Ancients one Earth definitely left their ATA gene around for the humans to find, but I don't think they ever touch that subject with the Ori.

Besides, evolution is a fickle thing.

Comment

My jigsaw came in at 5:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                  The Ori said they created the humans in their galaxy. Whether they created them with the ATA gene or if that gene even existed prior to the Ancient-Ori split, I have no clue. It's also unknown whether they did so by allowing them to evolve from an existing animal population or through some other means. They're not another species, though. They should be, but in Stargate the Ancients stopped evolving physically and instead evolved mentally over the course of millions of years.
                  I am sure we have talked about such things in an SG:A thread too. know it is "only" a scifi tv show and they have got limited budget, so this is the main reason why the humans looked like Ancients. Just it would have been nice to fill a few holes in the lore. They have never explained why we have got humans in the Pegasus galaxy either, then the same has happened in the Ori galaxy too. The main plot was about the Goa'uld (and the Asgard) have taken humans from Earth to re-populate worlds as slaves in the Milky Way. But when have the humans have been brought to the Pegasus galaxy if the Atlantis gate was sealed for milleniums? If the Alterans and Ori were the same group of people, then are all their ascendants genetically the same in the Ori galaxy too? So maybe they could ascend and they look like humans, but they are not at all. Or have the ATA gene locked technologies showed up by Merlin only in the Milky Way? Why have they built then libraries to load up their knowledge? For Arthur and his followers? Have they ended up in the Pegasus galaxy and that is how medieval villages exist there? So many questions which could be still explained in future spinoffs.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

But when have the humans have been brought to the Pegasus galaxy if the Atlantis gate was sealed for milleniums?
                    Yeah, the most we got regarding the Pegasus humans was that line in the pilot about how, in time, a thousand planets "bore the fruit of life in this form." They are the Ancients, though, so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult for them to recreate human life in the Pegasus galaxy without taking them from earth. The big question, in that case, is whether they caused humans to evolve from within an existing animal population or test tubed them into existence.

Or have the ATA gene locked technologies showed up by Merlin only in the Milky Way?
                    ATA gene locked tech does predate Merlin as it's required to activate the chair in the Ancient outpost. Assuming it wasn't secretly replaced/updated by Merlin or the Ancients returning from Atlantis, that chair is over 5-10 million years old, so that technology predates their flight to the Pegasus galaxy. The SGC has also found communication stones in the Milky Way (apart from Merlin's) that were ATA locked, but they could have been later models for all we know.

Why have they built then libraries to load up their knowledge? For Arthur and his followers? Have they ended up in the Pegasus galaxy
                    I've speculated in the past that maybe they exist as a cheat of sorts for ascended Ancients. The ascended complained, at one point, that Merlin skirted the rules by somehow retaining his knowledge after descending. Those repositories could have been a way to allow a mind wiped ancient to get back up to speed after the fact.

Alternatively, they may have nothing to do with Merlin. True, he had a similar device, but it was a modified version that wasn't ATA locked as it worked on Daniel, so he could have simply repurposed existing technology for his own ends. In which case, what the original purpose of the repositories were remains anyone's best guess. Perhaps the plague infected Ancients left them to preserve their knowledge. Perhaps they're a continuation of the technology we saw on the Destiny. I don't know.

and that is how medieval villages exist there?
                    I assume it's just a case of parallel development. There are a lot of instances of that in the Milky Way among the populations that have had no contact with one another since the Goa'uld gave up on them.
                    Last edited by Xaeden; 21 July 2020, 04:04 AM.

Comment

I thought it had been specified the gene-locking was in response to the Wraith?
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                      X