• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origin (903)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 903

Daniel comes face to face with the Ori, a fiery race of beings who demand the worship of mortals. Elsewhere, Stargate Command encounters the first Ori missionary in our galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:56 PM.

I cant wait to see what these ori got for us. This episode made me alot more excited for this season 9. YAY!!!!

Comment

I think I know where they're going for with this. You see, they want to make villains who are similar enough to Christians to piss off Christian protest groups enough to try to get the show banned.

It's like Grand Theft Auto. When angry mothers started complaining about it, sales went way up. So the Stargate writers are trying to get the same kind of press for Stargate, thinking ratings will go up. Brilliant.

These guys are just as over the top as the gu'ald but with less engaging personalities. I don't think the Ori are very interesting villains. And honestly, I'm not interested at all to see how this plays out. It looks to me like Ori won't be able to attack them directly, but they will be able to send armies (Because of the other ancients).

Wow...I just thought of something. In the Stargate world, there really *is* a war against men of faith! (Unlike the real world, where that's all a bunch of crap).

Comment

This was an excellent episode. The Ori scare me way more than the Goa'uld ever did. As Malcolm Reynolds once said "Nothing worse than a monster who thinks he's right with God." These guys aren't pretenders like the Gould, they are True Believers. Much, MUCH more dangerous.

-IMF
        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

ONE WORD AWSOME!!!!! I can't wait to read what you all think! I LOVE the acting it is so goooddddd!

Comment

Ack, O'Neill doesn't have enough TIG to make Major General. :b

One could argue that they represent Muslims, or Jews. Y'know, since they all preach the same things. Don't go labeling it anti-Christian half-cocked. But this isn't the Politics board, so I digress.

The alabaster Rings were pretty neat.

Comment

Oh, my, god! From beginning to end, this episode was amazing!

Comment

Man that ep rocked! The Ori are creepier than the Goa'uld and the Replicaters put together. I can't wait to see more of them.

And that's my two cents...
                My LiveJournal
                ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Hey guys, Just be aware of the discussion of this episode but I am wondering if anyone else believes that The Origin has truely begun season 9 of SG1 and the way RDA was exited truely does allow for the show to continue with great ratings and stories.

Comment

I liked the episode, but omg, the Ori is one thing... "ANNOYING"

I forgot their exact 'phrase' that they used the most... something to the Ori, or whatever. That one thing annoyed me the most.

I'm so happy General Landry's arrogancy level went down a notch, my feelings towards him changed during this episode.

It was nice to see RDA.
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I was impressed. They seem back on track with a great plot. Not that I wasn't very excited about this season but I'm definitely reassured now. Avalon 1 was Ok, Avalon 2 was better but this last episode really clarified the direction they're taking.

I really miss Carter though. Can't wait for her to come back.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I thought Avalon was pretty decent. I missed RDA, but the story was okay.

However, I HATED Origin. Yuck!

Maybe I'll mellow, but after eight plus years of being a fan, I think I'm done.

Sniff, sniff...
                        Happy

Sig pic by Mala the Magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          I really miss Carter though. Can't wait for her to come back.
                          I do too. That was the only real problem with the episode, no Carter. I kept expecting her to show up even though I knew she wouldn't.

And that's my two cents...
                          My LiveJournal
                          ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by DANIquinn
                            I do too. That was the only real problem with the episode, no Carter. I kept expecting her to show up even though I knew she wouldn't.
                            I know! I was also expecting our little smart super blonde would show up too! I think that was one of the few cons for the episode for me.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                              It was nice to see RDA.
                              I would have to disagree here. The little snippets of Jack in these episodes is a Jack I never knew. The guy looks half asleep. I love Jack but if he is going to sleepwalk through his scenes then he shouldn't be around at all. The word that comes to mind is "sad".

On the episode, it was GREAT. Unlike some past seasons, this one appears to be getting better and better with each episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X