Avalon, Part 2 (902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for the both of you.
    Last edited by captain jake; 07 July 2006, 11:37 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
      God, I'm sick of the SG-1 creatives raiding the medi-evil section of the wardrobe department all the time. Can't they come up with anything new.
      Did we actually see a lot of medival stuff before?

Comment

Well we have seen it a couple of times but I don't think they are raiding the "Medi-evil wardrobe department".
        sigpic

Comment

All I have to say about the
          the two "Avalon" parts is this:

When the story focuses on Mitchell and his dark
          past, it's good. When it doesn't, "it lacks lustar."

Two exceptions being the sword fight scene and the
          terrifying scene where Vala gets burned.
          sigpic

Comment

I thought the scene where they were solving the puzzles was pretty "LUSTARY".
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
              I really like this episode but when I saw another "to be continued" I almost screamed. I don't mind two parters - in fact this two parter was pretty good - but three parters seem just a little too much. I lose interest after a while.

Mitchell really isn't a guy I'd put in charge of SG1. I admit that when I first saw Lam and Landry together I thought they had a relationship which was in no way familial.

This episode was very interesting in terms of getting a glimpse at new scenery and new bad guys. I enjoyed the Vala/Daniel interaction, starting with the teasing right through to the fire.
              You could never have coped with Classic series Doctor Who then....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

MGM Stargate SG-1 Site - Season Nine Episodes:

Just went by the official MGM Stargate SG-1 site at:

http://www.stargatesg1.com/

(Choose low or high bandwidth entry at the main page.)

And noticed that they have updated the Season Nine episode section,
                complete with photos and episode trailers, available in Windows Media
                Player, Real Time Player, and QuickTime formats. (This may be old
                news, I don't frequent this site as much as I used to. I searched this thread for any mention of the MGM SG1 site, but didn't get a hit.)

(Click on the Episodes link on the left hand side of the page.)

For the Avalon section, they have a photo of the stunt Vala actress in complete "burned" makeup.

For the faint of heart, I won't include the image in this post, but here's the link to the photo:

http://www.stargatesg1.com/home/epis...alon1_024.html

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

YAYY - Jack's back!!!
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I've just seen this episode on the DVD (as Channel 4 still haven't shown season 9!), so, I know this is old hat for most people, but, one question that sprang to mind is, don't they have anybody at the SGC with the Ancient gene? And if not, why not?? I would have thought the obvious thing to try if they wanted to remove the stones from that machine would be to get somebody with the gene to try it, and if they don't have anyone, they could have called Jack or Colonel Everett in, or maybe even contacted the Daedalus to ask it to come back, or given somebody the gene. I know it was stated that you don't need the gene to make the stones work, but there might well be some functions of that machine, and perhaps of the stones too, that only work if you have it. Certainly worth a try, I would have thought.

I'm afraid I didn't buy the idea that Vala would die on Earth because of her host body dying on the Ori planet, so I didn't really feel much tension when she was burning; in fact, I was thinking that might be the way her consciousness would return to her own body! Oh, well.
                    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Just saw this episode, 'cause in Finland they didn't show seasons after s5 and I've had to buy all seasons since that.

I must say I really liked this episode. It was pretty cool to actually see Prior for the first time. They seem to be quite powerful, so I think Ori's are, too. As it seems that they're really evil guys, I think they offer greater opponent to SGC team than Goa'uld ever did.

And that Daniel speaking so fast doesn't matter to me as we have subtitles in Finnish and I don't have to be so observant about that. As I'm speakin' about Daniel, I must say his performance in this ep was great! And Vala was wonderful, too. This was interesting episode in many ways, and I love everything ancient related, so all that Merlin things in that cave was cool and I liked it. This ep was also much like early SG-1 alike, more than any ep in season 8, so I also liked it 'cause of that. One of the best SG-1 eps I remember.

And I must add that I don't like Mitchell so much after Jack, who was always so simple and funny and still so cool, but maybe I'll start to like as season goes on. New staff actually changed pretty spontaneously, that it made me a bit confused, and still does. But I'll hope it gets better.

Sorry for a little off-topic.

Sig made by SueKay

Comment

An incredibly memorable SG-1 episode. The Ori started out so creepy and terrifying. A shame the rest of the arc couldn't match the intensity of the first few episodes of S9.
                        Theoretically spoilerish:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I didn't get why Salis had some kooky American accent after took over her mind
                          As above, so below, as within, so without, what you give, so shall you receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetz View Post
                            I didn't get why Salis had some kooky American accent after took over her mind
                            Because Vala had the said kooky accent.

Comment

I remember making up all kinds of assumutions at the appearance of the Prior. I started thinking that they built the gates! Ha! I was wrong...

Comment

I watched this episode the 2nd time and the burning scene of Vala still freaks me out!
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X