No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and wasn't it jack who said "until you go through the proper procedures nobody is going near that gate. mitchell never went through the proper procedures. landry gave mitchell sg-1 on a silver platter.

Comment

Because its so difficult to walk through the gate. I infer experence to mean experence on other planets. I can see Mitchell having that being an extension of the Prometheus
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Mitchell has never annoyed me. I do agree that he is a Jack clone though. But I likeable one. Landry is annoying at first but he does end up growing on me.

I still don't really like Vala. But I love the Daniel and Vala relationship. The way they act together is so fun to watch.

As far as season premiers go this isn't the best one.
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt say he's ever annoyed me either, I dont buy him walking into SG1 on a silver plate tho, I would of thought there would be better suited people to lead the lead team already on other SG teams or for another team to essentially become SG1 given the original team had all moved on..

Landry, good character but not a mark on Hammond.

Vala, didnt really fit in although I did like the Daniel/Vala relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            I liked the Arthurian arc so I concentrate on that.
            IMO, the Arthurian arc is where SG-1 jumped the shark from SF to Fantasy and contributes more to my meh feelings about seasons 9-10 than the cast changes do.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I never bought the whole bashing that S9 and S10 are different show then the previous years of SG1. On the other Avalon is kind of like a pilot because of the story and behind the scenes stuff of S8. With RDA gone and Tapping on maternity leave a lot of new characters were introduced and a new enemy had to be created to fill the antagonist of the Goa'uld. These factors lead to Avalon to having the simliar problems that COTG had 8 years prior to this episode. Its slow going as it tries to establish the new characters and lay grounds to the new plot arcs. Overall I like the story in an Ancient treasure in Glastobury and a little more depth about the Ancient origins but its kind of slow but like I said that is common for episodes of this kind.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the ceilings would crush the pedestals or push them down, maybe they wouldn't, but I wouldn't want to wait and find out, would you? Plus, even if the pedestals do stop the ceilings, then they wouldn't be able to solve the puzzles, so they'd never get out of the room!

My LiveJournal post
                Plus unless the door was able to let in air, they would have died real soon from lack of oxygen..

Comment

LOL I love this episode VALA MAL DORAN rocks
                  sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

I was doing a rewatch and got up to this ep. I think this is where Daniel lost my interest. His fast paced ramblings started here in this ep, and he never slowed down for the rest of the series
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Good, not as bad as I read on here. Vala WAS annoying, the whole Merlin-thing will also be annoying I'm sure.

But it was like a fresh start, and I really liked Mitchell and Landry.

Comment

Great opening of season 9. Good new characters, for me BB is neither a copy nor a clone of O'Neill. I like him because he is different and because he doesn't hide his excitement as far as his new job is concerned.
                        Vala - fresh air and so sexy!
                        Landry - nice character with hidden humour

Nice interaction of those who weren't believed of interacting again.
                        Funny elements, exciting flashbacks and an adventure interrupted by 'to be continued.
                        I was looking forward to the rest of season 9.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

This season began so incredibly weird, Im still accommodating to the fact that Moebius killed all of SG-1, and now we're seeing a Fish-infested doppelgänger timeline and a Fish SG-1, compared to our previous non-fish SG-1.

In many ways, I feel like Threads was the end of SG-1 as we knew it. Took them 8 years to become friends.. and I guess that's the whole message of SG-1, them learning to be a team and be friends.. beyond being a team. Now, season 9 looks like it's about to be an extended epilogue.

Loved Vala, but it's weird. Everything is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcinilux View Post
                            This season began so incredibly weird, Im still accommodating to the fact that Moebius killed all of SG-1, and now we're seeing a Fish-infested doppelgänger timeline and a Fish SG-1, compared to our previous non-fish SG-1.

In many ways, I feel like Threads was the end of SG-1 as we knew it. Took them 8 years to become friends.. and I guess that's the whole message of SG-1, them learning to be a team and be friends.. beyond being a team. Now, season 9 looks like it's about to be an extended epilogue.

Loved Vala, but it's weird. Everything is weird.
                            What doesw "fish-infested" mean?

And they were friends long before the end of 8 years. I think it only took a couple of years to be friends, as well as teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              What doesw "fish-infested" mean?

And they were friends long before the end of 8 years. I think it only took a couple of years to be friends, as well as teammates.
                              Haha just a small reference to O'Neill's lake, that now has plenty of fish in the doppelgänger timeline.

And you know? I think it's the other way around... I mean Daniel and Jack were never.. friends, like, they bickered, and they fought, eventually developed a sort of mutual respect, and understood why they were both needed in the team and how they balanced each other. (Took them a while since the movie)

But it wasn't until O'Neill took a step back from the group that we can see Daniel sort.. bloom, and flourish, and actually speak to Carter and Teal'c about himself and his experiences. I guess because, without Jack, Daniel doesn't feel bullied anymore. And Jack understands his team can take care of themselves without him.

That's why I think they actually showed friendship in that last Threads episode. Not just teammates, actual friends.

And you know, that's what "Stargate: SG-1" should be all about, the members, because where the Stargate is the main character of the franchise... Seeing these characters finally overcome their differences and understand that these past 8 years have built a much stronger bond, beyond their reassignments, deaths, losses, relationships and planets... it's what SG-1 is all about.

In.. my humble opinion lol <3

Comment

Actually, there were several instances of comments by members of the team regarding their friendship.

From the transcript of "Nemesis", Season 3, when Jack invited Sam to go to his cabin with him:

CARTER
                                Was that an invitation…sir?
                                O'NEILL
                                Nothing wrong with that is there? A couple of coworkers, friends if you will, fishing. It'd be fun.
                                On several occasions, Jack referred to Teal'c as his friend.

In Season 1, "Fire and Water", Jack's behavior when he thought Daniel had died was not one of a person mourning a co-worker. It was the behavior of person who felt the loss very deeply of a friend.

While Jack and Daniel did butt heads a lot, at the end of the day, they were still very good friends, more like brothers than co-workers.

In Season 6, "Full Circle", when Sam, Jack and Ska'ara are talking about Ska'ara's upcoming wedding:

SKAARA
                                Will you be coming to my wedding alone?
                                O'NEILL
                                Ummm…
                                [Carter walks up to them.]

O'NEILL
                                I assume Carter's invited too?
                                SKAARA
                                Of course. Will you becoming together?
                                O'NEILL
                                As in?
                                CARTER
                                Friends going to a wedding.
                                Even though she was his Second in Command, Jack considered Sam to be a friend.

From Season 7, "Fallen", where Daniel has returned to earth and he and Jack are talking and Jack is trying to see what, if anything, he remembers about his life before he ascended, and Jack says:

O'NEILL: "You were a member of my team, SG-1. You're a friend of mine. Last year, you died."
                                And later in that episode, when Sam and Daniel are talking:

JACKSON: "Samantha Carter?"

Sam stops at the tent entrance and turns back to Daniel.

CARTER: "Yeah?"

JACKSON: "Was there ever anything...between us?"

CARTER: "Us, uh...no, no, not in that way. We - we were really, really good friends."
                                I'm sure there are other instances of a comment being made about the friendship between the four of them, but those are the ones that stick out the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X