X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cocktail hour is at hand

Welcome to the cocktail hour!

here we can discuss mixed drinks, alcohol, wine, all that good stuff. now we all know that you should follow the legal alcohol age limits in whatever state/country/continent you live in, so this isnt the "D00D HOW DO WE TOTALLY GET HAMMERED AND END UP IN THE HOSPITAL" time. I/We/whoever is NOT promoting underage drinking so dont blame anyone for your own stupidity (and if you are underage, dont admit it because no one cares!). this is to appreciate the tasty drinks, and to give suggestions to those out there who enjoy tasting new things.

Also we can discuss the...not so good drinks or particularly bad drinks we've had in places.

To start off, i recently went to a winery on Vancouver Island called Victoria Estate Winery i believe, and had the most wonderful friesling (dessert wine) that i've had in a while! It had an interesting apple taste to it when chilled to make it have a crisp and refreshing taste.

And to throw in something not so good, i was on a ferry from port hardy to prince rupert in the inside passage and it was daquiri night on the ferry (its a 16 hour trip each way) and the daquiri didnt taste like it had the slightest hint of rum in it. tis a shame.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

*makes self at home in this thread*
    (My life time dream is to own a classy posh cocktail bar)

Yummiest drink I've ever had: 1 shot of Archers, 1 shot of Malibu, 1 shot of Blue Curaco and mix with Pineapple and/or Grapefruit juice. Absolutely yummy!

Worst drink I've ever had: Brandy mixed with Creme De Menthe! *yuk*

Weirdest drink I've ever had: 1 shot of Vodka, 1 shot of Blue Curaco and 1 shot of baileys... and careful add some coke. The baileys curdles and the drink looks a complete mess although is rather tasty
    Ses
    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
      Yummiest drink I've ever had: 1 shot of Archers, 1 shot of Malibu, 1 shot of Blue Curaco and mix with Pineapple and/or Grapefruit juice. Absolutely yummy!
      Well I usally drink Scotch neat, that however sounds delightful not familiar with Blue Curaco, still it does sound absolutely yummy. Does it have a name?

Comment

It doesn't have a formal name as we made it at home; but at the time we called it "Sex with Captain Archer on the beach" - but we had drunk a few by then and now it just gets called "that nice one with the archers, malibu and blue stuff"
        Ses

Comment

The best cocktails I've had are as follows Sex on the Beach, 1 part vodka 1 part Archers topped up with orange and cranberry juice, I once made Sex on the Beach jelly for a picnic.
          Blue Mist which is 1 part vodka 1 part Cointreau topped up with Lemonade.
          This one we made up at a party, it doesn't have a name but it was 1 part Malibu 1 part Archers pineapple juice and cream, sickly but nice

Comment

This is my kind of thread!

I'm a martini girl. This is my parents' fault - they taught me how to mix a perfect martini when I was 14. Very dry Tanqueray martini straight up with a twist - anything else is blasphemy.

On occasion I'll make a chocolate martini: vodka, Godiva chocolate liqueur, and creme de cacao, and optionally a Hershey's kiss.

I think the scariest drink I've ever heard of is a cement mixer. Take a shot of Bailey's, then take a shot of lime juice while still holding the Bailey's in your mouth. The Bailey's curdles... I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it!
            I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by CatGoddess
              This is my kind of thread!

I'm a martini girl. This is my parents' fault - they taught me how to mix a perfect martini when I was 14. Very dry Tanqueray martini straight up with a twist - anything else is blasphemy.

On occasion I'll make a chocolate martini: vodka, Godiva chocolate liqueur, and creme de cacao, and optionally a Hershey's kiss.

I think the scariest drink I've ever heard of is a cement mixer. Take a shot of Bailey's, then take a shot of lime juice while still holding the Bailey's in your mouth. The Bailey's curdles... I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it!
              I absolutely love Apple Martinis!

I have heard of the Cement Mixer before (although not called that). Someone described the texture as "gone-off cottage cheese" if I remember right lol
              Ses

Comment

anyone make yourselves at home!

oh i want a classy posh cocktail bar, with a three story wine cellar!

i actually do have a drink with blue curacao, it involves some lime juice, lemon juice, blue curacao and mountain dew. dont knock it, its really good!

the weirdest drink i had was what we named a "flaming yaoi" which consisted of limoncello and vodka then lighting it on fire, of course i drank it right after i blew it out and it was burning all the way down..no good!

anyway a couple days ago i made some lemonade mojitos. here's the recipe (its for 20 people so just cut down the ingredients)

lemonade mojitos

in a large bowl muddle up 1/2 cup mint leaves with sugar syrup (heat 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water over low heat, until disolved. increase heat to medium and simmer 2 minutes). Stir in 5 cups of club soda, 4 cups of vodka, 4 cups of fresh lemon juice and 2/3 cup of superfine sugar.

these were really really good mojitos. just have a pitcher full of it and you got yourselves a nice, cool summer drink!

of course i had to follow this up by making something horrible that involved absinthe, tequilla, sake, and bacardi O3...

Comment

haha so i drank a bit a couple nights ago and it made my stomach feel horrible! i think it was the absente i had...because the traditional way of drinking it is with some water and sugar cubes to cut down the strength of it but nooo someone gave it to me as a shot! oh well!

Comment

A drink thread heh, i havent had one for a while after last time i dont remember what happened!

Comment

drink too much? hahahahaha i havent ever gotten to the point where i dont remember what happened, but i did drink alot a night before a final exam and woke up with a hang over for my 7:30 AM final. that was just wonderful...however i think i ended up doing better on that exam than any of the others just because how much i didnt want to be there!

Comment

has anyone tried the cylon shooter yet? it looked...like it wasnt that tasty when the ppl took the shots =D

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                          has anyone tried the cylon shooter yet? it looked...like it wasnt that tasty when the ppl took the shots =D
                          I haven't tried it, and most likely won't. It looked kinda scary to me...
                          I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

I tend to go with jaegermeister+redbull, or some random wildberry/cherry-version. Coke works if nothing else is avail

Comment

Working...
                            X