Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt the Ancients fly atlantis back to the Milky Way?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didnt the Ancients fly atlantis back to the Milky Way?

Why didnt the ancients fly Atlantis back to the Milky Way? If the shield could stop any thing the wraith throws at them, why didnt they just run through the ships laying siege and jump into hyperspace? When they got back to the milky way, they can land some where and with the city of atlantis, they can mass produce warships, drones, and go back to rescue the other humans/ancients they left behind.

Originally posted by VironX
    Why didnt the ancients fly Atlantis back to the Milky Way? If the shield could stop any thing the wraith throws at them, why didnt they just run through the ships laying siege and jump into hyperspace? When they got back to the milky way, they can land some where and with the city of atlantis, they can mass produce warships, drones, and go back to rescue the other humans/ancients they left behind.
    Power it would need lots of power to fight, shield, fly

Comment

Hopefully that question will be answered, 'Power it would need lots of power to fight, shield, fly' , that doesn't really cut it for me, besides, you can create a hyperspace window within an atmosphere...

Comment

They would have been followed. Even if the Wraith couldn't keep up, they could get a pretty good idea of where the ancients went, which would eventually lead them to the Milky Way.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

This may sound stupid but, what if the shield doesn't cover the bottom of the city? If that is the case than the Wraith could own Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatazarian
            This may sound stupid but, what if the shield doesn't cover the bottom of the city? If that is the case than the Wraith could own Atlantis.
            If it didn't cover the bottom the city would have been gutted by space dust flying to pegasus.

Comment

Perhaps they felt that as a race their time was done, and wished to leave Atlantis to the children, or it was left because of Dr. Weir, maybe it was abandoned for some purpose we have yet to even imagine.

Comment

I think post #4 and #7 hit it on the head.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                  Perhaps they felt that as a race their time was done, and wished to leave Atlantis to the children, or it was left because of Dr. Weir, maybe it was abandoned for some purpose we have yet to even imagine.
                  this is probably the best guess. I think the ancients could have found a way to trick the wraith and escape with the city. It is realy possible that it was because of Weir's arrivle.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                    Hopefully that question will be answered, 'Power it would need lots of power to fight, shield, fly' , that doesn't really cut it for me, besides, you can create a hyperspace window within an atmosphere...
                    Only the Replicators mind you.

Personaly I think its a combination of the fact that the Wraith would launch everything theye had at Atlantis and risk it falling into their hands. And its also possible that Atlantis might take a VERY long time to make it back to the MW Galaxy if its hyperdrive wasn't that fast. SO they just spun up the stargate and said 'Screw you Wraith, we're going home!'
                    --
                    The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

I like that, "screw you Wraith were going home.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

the reason the ancients didnt fly home was because the wraith only knew about that galaxy holding life, if the ancients had ran the wraith would have followed, they sacrificed the city to save millions and if not the universe.\

remember the wraith only think pegasus exsists, now they know about earth due to the atlantis team (they never knew about it before)

Comment

I think if the wraith did make it back to the Milky Way, they would find it harder to feed than in the Pegasus galaxy. With the Gou'ald, Nox, Asgard and the rest of the advanced races met by SG1, I think they will find a good fight on their hands. I am sure that the Gou'lad, Tokra, Jaffa, Asgard and maybe the Nox. Will be willing to work together to get rid of them. I think the Nox will join in. They are a peaceful race, but once they have met the Wraith, I think it will change their mind. Even the Aschen may help out by creating a bio wep. to get rid of the Wraith. And if the Furlings, are still around...This may bring them out of hiding Just my thought/theory on the subject.

Comment

The obvious answer is that Atlantis' defences are stronger at the bottom of the ocean then in space. The ocean and the shield combined protect the city better than the shield in space.

If Atlantis tried to run the Wraith blockade the ancients would have risked the destruction of the city
                            sigpic

Comment

Because it was said they they go tired of fighting and with a ship the size like that it would take a while to get to milkyway.Maybe they wanted to leave it future Generation in the hope atlantis will be found.
                              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Working...
                              X