Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monk

Not bad for a premiere. Monk Takes Manhattan... and somehow the city manages to survive the encounter.

I love that Lieutenant guy, even if I can never remember his name. Very cute, but obviously lacking ANY common sense. hehe.

As for the story... very clever. Although I have to say, when they were in the hospital room and the dying guy said he only saw the man's hand, the first thing that sprang to my mind was, "I am looking for a six fingered man." So when that turned out to be the quirk, I burst out laughing. "Hello. My name is Adrian Monk. You killed my wife. Prepare to die." hehe. Despite that, though, the bit with the morphine was really touching. Monk's agony was clearly visible and when it was Trudy who turned it back on... *sniffle* Poor, poor Monk.

Good ep. Can't wait to see what happens next.

edited to fix stupid typo
    edited again to say if someone wants to move this to Off Topic, that's OK. I suppose that technically Monk isn't scifi... although Tony Shalhoub HAS done scifi before. Most notably as Jeebs in the MiB movies.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 18 June 2004, 07:39 PM.

I am watching it currently right now, and right now i'm at the part where we see the dead people in the elevator, did anyone else notice the dead persons stomach breathing in and out?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The whole episode about 'looking at a left ear' was funny

Comment

It was a pretty good episode.. Had some actual developments..

Shadowmaat.. Do you mean the Lieutentant played by the guy from "Past and Present"?
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I missed it Friday night but caught it when it played again last night. Gawd, I love this show. Tony Shalhoub is hilarious. And Lt. Disher is so cute and bumbling. I loved the hospital scene with the morphine drip. You always see the neurotic obsessive compulsive Monk but with that scene they really showed the man behind the neurosis and Tony played it perfectly. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

For a second in the hospital, i thought Monk was going to leave the thing off, i was like "No Monk No!"

Comment

Was I the only one who was thinking "Good" when Monk was getting ready to leave? Of course, I also said "Good" when he turned it back on, but I would've been fine if he'd left it that way.

And yes, the guy from Past & Present. He's adorable, even if he's a bit of a twit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Was I the only one who was thinking "Good" when Monk was getting ready to leave? Of course, I also said "Good" when he turned it back on, but I would've been fine if he'd left it that way.
                I feel the same way, if Monk didn't flip the switch back on, i wouldn't blame him he was looking at the person who had a hand in killing Monk's wife , but of course, i would have still said "No Monk No", haah... So your not the only one Shadow
                Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 20 June 2004, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

And yes, the guy from Past & Present. He's adorable, even if he's a bit of a twit.
                  I was torn. Part of me wanted him to and part of me didn't. It definately would have made the show take a darker turn that's for sure. But I still love how it showed Monk in a different light than his normal crazy self. He was like a completely different person.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Did anyone catch Emma Caulfield who played Anya in BtVS play a bad guy in Monk?

Comment

Yeah. Was kind of strange to see her out of place, for what i expect to see her in, but I did think she did do a pretty good job.

DANIEL (sarcastically): "Oh, could you? I mean, uh, go slow."

Comment

btVS?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          btVS?
                          Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
                          Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

aah it all makes sense now.

Comment

Yah, if i see anyone from Buffy, i can't help to think that they are still those characters, haha...

Comment

Working...
                              X