This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith in the Milkyway??

Ok I was watching the season 7 lost city episode on dvd. I noticed something...

spoilers for season 7 finally and beyond..

The Head sucker is more Wraith in design than Ancient.
    head sucker http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/721_07.shtml

If you look at the ancient tech it looks alot less evil looking. The headsucker looks kind of dreary looking, rather than that sleek ancient design we see in the Outposts, jumpers, atlantis ect, even older Ancient techs look diffrently like the Stargate and DHD, along with the design of the stone used to connect Jack and Joe the barber telepathicall. The Head sucker is of a diffrent design than previous Ancient techs.

The Headsucker looks kind of evil. and resembles some of the Wraith Tech, i mean not exactly but they kinda have that wraith look to them.. i mean look at the bridge of the mother ship and compare it to the head sucker

bridge http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/118_24.shtml

What I'm willing to bet is that the Ancient headsucker designs were part of a small fad like the 80's that some couldn't let go of. When they went to pegasus they stumbled on a planet with bugs which transformed ancients into wraith. The First few wraith happened to be of this headsucker design fad, and continued its design as the main design of the Wraith or something along those lines..

i mean it does look more wraith than ancient. Perhaps the Furlings made it for the ancients.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

They do look similar, that's for sure. I see your point. But then why would the knowledge of the Ancients be downloaded into Jack's head, instead of the knowledge of the Wraith??

Definitely too ugly for Ancient designs. Maybe the art department/prop people didn't have their act together yet, lol.

Comment

lol well, theres evidence in the show pointing towards the wraith and Ancients being related(IE Language, & Convergion Episode images) So perhaps right after they designed their headsuckers they went to pegasus, and the guys that liked the design stepped on the wraith world, or perhaps the only tech knowledge they really had was that which was in the headsuckers, so they became wraith, and luckily didnt have an updated tech knowledge..

Yes I know some debate the images released for the Convergense episode show shep becomeing wraith but.. look hes got the cat eyes, the bugs are wraith related, the languages of ancients and wraith are similar, shep has the dominant ancient gene, ECT. everything I look at points towards wraith.

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Thinking way to hard people. WAY to hard. But I like it.
        But you are thinking away to hard.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          Thinking way to hard people. WAY to hard. But I like it.
          But you are thinking away to hard.
          What is that supposed to mean.

Comment

well, i think he means were gettin way too serous about stargate lol i agree. I just havea wierd imagination...

most people probably believe i lack the ability to think, so perhaps i am thinking to hard if i can't think and ur acussing me of thinking lol

Comment

Dont stress yourselves - the repository design has got nothing to do with the wraith
              Spoiler:
              we know the wraith evolved by accident in the atlantis ep 'the gift'
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

most people probably believe i lack the ability to think, so perhaps i am thinking to hard if i can't think and ur acussing me of thinking lol

just had an headach
                And that repository did look more wraith.
                i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Dont stress yourselves - the repository design has got nothing to do with the wraith
                  Spoiler:
                  we know the wraith evolved by accident in the atlantis ep 'the gift'
                  yeah but what im thinkin is the headsucker looks wraith, so maybe the wraith tech was based off of the ancient tech of that time. like perhaps retired scientist were takin a stroll thru the park and bam the wraith bug bti them and they became wraith and all their knowledge was outdated but usable.

Comment

Working...
                  X