Teyla Emmagan/Ronon Dex Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla Emmagan/Ronon Dex Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Please assume that there will be spoilers, here.

Theirs is apparently a forbidden love. Just figured I'd give a safe haven to those who might actually support this pairing instead of wanting to hang Dex by his tonsils from the tallest tower in Atlantis.

Plus, ya know, now that someone's gone and mentioned it, I'm sure there are a few going, "Teyla and Dex... huh. Never thought of it. Not a bad pairing."

It's a bit hard to tell anything without having seen Dex, but from descriptions, it sounds as if both he and Teyla are leaders of their people. If the pics are anything to judge by, Dex is also enough of a "warrior" to give Teyla a run for her money. And they both seem to be cursed with silly outfits.

With so much in common, how can they possibly fail to get together??

Consider this a "protected" thread: pro comments ONLY. No coming here to bash the pairing, no telling folks how much Dex and/or Teyla sucks, no negging people just because you think Teyla/Dex is a bad idea. No negativity!

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Please assume that there will be spoilers, here.

Theirs is apparently a forbidden love. Just figured I'd give a safe haven to those who might actually support this pairing instead of wanting to hang Dex by his tonsils from the tallest tower in Atlantis.

Plus, ya know, now that someone's gone and mentioned it, I'm sure there are a few going, "Teyla and Dex... huh. Never thought of it. Not a bad pairing."

It's a bit hard to tell anything without having seen Dex, but from descriptions, it sounds as if both he and Teyla are leaders of their people. If the pics are anything to judge by, Dex is also enough of a "warrior" to give Teyla a run for her money. And they both seem to be cursed with silly outfits.

With so much in common, how can they possibly fail to get together??

Consider this a "protected" thread: pro comments ONLY. No coming here to bash the pairing, no telling folks how much Dex and/or Teyla sucks, no negging people just because you think Teyla/Dex is a bad idea. No negativity!

I think this might be interesting (and it's not just about being a S/W shipper), so I shall be watching with interest. I agree, from the spoilers I've heard of
    Spoiler:
    they might have a bit of a vibe

Comment

Personally, I don't see it, but if they happen *shrugs* no skin off my nose. But like I've said before if they do head for romace, it will be like the Titanic. *snickers*
      Spoiler:
      From what I've read Teyla gets a kiss and it might be Dex, can't be certain, but something tells me that it'll be him and if it is him damn he is one lucky man

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

From the episode pics I've seen, they look well together, and he obviously can give her a run for her money with the stick fighting.

We'll have to see how the actual chemistry works out once we see them together in a few episodes. R. Dex does seem cool though - I've been rather bored with Teyla so maybe new characters will give her more spark as well.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Theirs is apparently a forbidden love.
          BWAH!!

Although I'd rather see Dex paired with me, I could get down with a Teyla/Dex ship.
          Earth...steaks. There's a difference?

Comment

Teehee Not yet, I don't want to hang him from his toenails. But good idea... Just kiddin!

*raises hand* Consider me one of the few. I don't know if I'll be shipping Teyla/Dex in the future, but it certainly is interesting. I can't wait to see their on-screen chemistry (if there is any, )

And they both seem to be cursed with silly outfits.
            Too true!

Comment

Plus, can't go wrong with two aliens, for lack of a better word. Them aliens got to stick together! I think it'd be more natural for two people of the Pegasus galaxy to be in a relationship than two people from different galaxies, because there'd be more in common.

Comment

I think Teyla and Dex look really good together. I like Teyla/Shep, but I also support Teyla/Dex. I get around
                The Teyla Appreciation Thread

Comment

Theirs is apparently a forbidden love.
                  Sorry, just got a Willow/Angel flashback there (season 2 Buffy...).

Anyway on the possibility of Ronon/Teyla. Sure, why not - I'd be happy with most ships if they're written well and who knows maybe TPTB might manage it. And if they chose to try this one it might be the guinea pig ship. I can't say for sure I'd like it or if they'd go together but that's only because we haven't seen Dex at all yet. Still I'm a crazy shipper, I'd give anything a go until it's proven not to work. Now imagine the possibilities of Shep/Teyla/Dex.

Comment

Im already excited about RD and I think he'd be good for Teyla in that we would get to see more of her character but im not for romance. Ronan is a new character and Teyla is underdeveloped so romance this season would be detrimental to both characters.
                    I think the only show where the ship worked for me was Farscape. I have a long list of shows that have suffered or been destroyed by pairing up main characters but Im all for UST bcse its a lot hotter

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
                      Personally, I don't see it, but if they happen *shrugs* no skin off my nose. But like I've said before if they do head for romace, it will be like the Titanic. *snickers*
                      Spoiler:
                      From what I've read Teyla gets a kiss and it might be Dex, can't be certain, but something tells me that it'll be him and if it is him damn he is one lucky man

Mandeep
                      Heh. I'm actually waiting to SEE the character before deciding if there's any chemistry with him or anyone (believe me, how long will it be before ShepDex fic starts up???) This sorta reminds me of the "McKay is dating the psychologist!" stuff that came up off of spoilers, when in fact, he was just trying to hide the fact he was seeing the psychologist....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        This sorta reminds me of the "McKay is dating the psychologist!" stuff that came up off of spoilers, when in fact, he was just trying to hide the fact he was seeing the psychologist....
                        Yeah, and not seeing the psychologist.

Comment

Not sure if I'm shipping this or not, but this is an intriguing pairing just from pictures. What I've seen in the sides also indicates that TPTB are playing with this dynamic a lot.

I think what I like best in the possibilities of this is the fact that Ronon and Teyla aren't the leads. Because of that, both characters would have to be fleshed out in order for a romance to be believable and appealing to the audience. A romance between two leads wouldn't have that problem because ostensibly the leads are already developed characters on their own, but when it's a lead and a supporting actor/actress, the supporting character can seem like a bit of candy tossed in the lead's direction. And since I'm all about getting Teyla more character development, Teyla/Ronon is an interesting possibility. If Jason Momoa is worth his salt, Ronon's going to be a neat character, and I like this particular idea for him.

Plus it gets away from the Earth guy hooks up with alien babe cliché.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                            I think what I like best in the possibilities of this is the fact that Ronon and Teyla aren't the leads. Because of that, both characters would have to be fleshed out in order for a romance to be believable and appealing to the audience. A romance between two leads wouldn't have that problem because ostensibly the leads are already developed characters on their own, but when it's a lead and a supporting actor/actress, the supporting character can seem like a bit of candy tossed in the lead's direction.
                            I hadn't thought of it in that way. Also, everything you've said would apply if they go for buddy/buddy rather than ship. I feel that the buddy relationships Jack-Daniel , Jack-Teal'c McKay-Shep and Sam-Janet, for instance, have given those six characters a lot of development and depth. There are some M-F platonic relationships around, but few of them have really been built up in the way that the same sex ones have. One that got some focus would be nice.

Platonic Teyla&Dex would be a nice opportunity for a buddy relationship. They have more in common with each other than with the earthlings, I'm guessing, and I can see them gravitating towards each other. Which has this post heading back towards T/D ship. My inclination is to be wary of any ship on SG, but as potential ships go, this one is much less worrying than any other possibility I can think of. And yes, I know I might change my mind when I see what Dex turns out like, but this time last year I was VERY agin any S/T, S/W or any of the other rumoured ships, while with T/D my *slight* wariness is tempered with a feeling that it might turn out to be quite a believable ship.

Madeleine

Comment

Ooh, can I hop on this ship?
                              *ahem* [big announcement] Well, I think they look good together.
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X