This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero Point Modules (spoilers)

And to think that we just finished building all those naquada generators in russia....
    sigpic

spoilers

wonder why it had such a limited supply of energy... as according the spoilers the outpost weapon no longer will work and one can assume the ZPM is out of energy if they can not dial atlantis again... and then the supposed 3 in Atlantis are also low on energy.... and to think the power supply in the DHD's is really long lasting to make all those dial out's for thousands/millions of years????? just me rambling now

Comment

You don't need spoiler space, I tossed the warning into the title.

Theoretically, should ZP energy ever run out?

I'm thinking that the modules are just crapping out after being used for millions of years.
      sigpic

Comment

my question is why would the ones on Atlantis be low on energy... seems the ancients left the city behind to be found(they left clues about it) so why would they leave it on such low energy reserves or at least with a stockpile of extra ZPM's... yes the name of the module suggests that it is self-replinishing....

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          You don't need spoiler space, I tossed the warning into the title.

Theoretically, should ZP energy ever run out?

I'm thinking that the modules are just crapping out after being used for millions of years.

A ZPE can never ''run out'' of energy as you mean it. But it can become ineffective. Imagine two tanks with water, one with 1 meter water in it, and one with 100 meter in it. If you would connect these 2 tanks, the water would run over into the tank which had 1 meter in it. But eventually it would be 50-50, so no water would flow. Now change the tanks with our dimension and hyperspace. The energy in vaccum vs the energy in hyperspace(if they connect to hyperspace) Eventually the levels would even out.

But seeing that if they're using the ZPE the energy level should decrease, so hyperspace would fill it up again. Maybe if it's not used for a while the connection between our space and hyperspace would close. IE the ZPE malfunctions.

Wonder how much that settled

Comment

ZP energy, is basically what is is called. It is unlimited in all cases, unless it was made otherwise
            __

__

Comment

ZPE would be unlimited 'til the day hyperspace is totally empty of energy. Good luck draining it though:>

Comment

Sounds like a bet to me....::builds a ZPM out of duct tape and tooth picks::

But seriously.

After several large jolts of energy, or a long period of sustained high output, perhaps it just...burns out.

Or slowly deteriorates...like 500 years, this itty bitty spec of the crystal is fryed.
                sigpic

Comment

so you think Jack broke the one they retrieved becuase he fired all his jellyfish at once

Comment

Well...Anubis DID have a big fleet....
                    sigpic

Comment

And when Bra'tac looked out the window, they all went up in the sky and then they all floated away and disappeared. I'm guessing that energy is used up, unless it takes time to recharge itself
                      __

__

Comment

That's a possibility...uh oh! A Theory is coming!!

What if the ZPM draws ZP energy, and stores it. However, it can't draw that much energy at once, so It basically acts as a large self-recharging battery?
                        sigpic

Comment

YAY for Mio! lol Since it is zero point, my guess is it is used and takes a while to recharge depending on the power required, or eventually the battery dies
                          __

__

Comment

well since jack had to replace 1 ZPM in the outpost weapon that does make it look like they can run out somehow

Comment

Yep, I guess. Like I said, my guess is they're like a battery
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X